|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) That he has been very lucky.
(b) When he thinks of other people.
(c) Being in the Prado.
(d) Doing nothing for other people.
2. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
(a) The P.O.P.
(b) The P.O.M.
(c) Mr P.O.M.
(d) Mr. J.P.
3. What does Pop tell Hemingway to also shoot?
(a) The rhino.
(b) The ant lions.
(c) The White Hunter.
(d) The water buffalo.
4. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
5. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
(a) He already has the head and it doesn't impress him.
(b) The meat is worthless and he already has the head.
(c) He has already shot too many.
(d) Droopy tells him not to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
2. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
3. What is a Tembo?
4. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
5. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)