|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
(a) A group of tick birds suddenly take flight.
(b) They hear a loud rustling in the grass.
(c) They see its horn above the grass.
(d) They hear its grunt.
2. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
(d) The local guide.
3. Who was considered by Hemingway to be the best hunter?
4. What does P.O.M. get the men to talk about?
(a) World topics.
(b) More kudu hunting.
(c) Leather pants.
(d) The inadequacy of modern writers.
5. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
(a) A sticking knife.
(b) A hunting knife.
(c) A pen knife.
(d) A skinning knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
2. Who guides them on the sable hunt?
3. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
4. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
5. Which name does the hunting party find irritating?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)