|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the rhino appear so red?
(a) The rhinos are angry.
(b) The hunting glasses are tinted red.
(c) From rolling in the mud.
(d) The color of the dusk sun.
2. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(b) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
(c) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(d) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
3. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
(a) Mr. J.P.
(b) Mr P.O.M.
(c) The P.O.P.
(d) The P.O.M.
4. Where would you go for big rhino?
(a) Lake Manyara.
(b) Mount Kenya.
(c) The Rift Valley.
(d) Handeni country.
5. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
(a) Draped white cloth.
(c) A greasy cloth knotted over one shoulder.
(d) Quivers of arrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Nyati?
2. Why are the elephant down south so big?
3. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
4. What is a Shamba?
5. Who should not have come in search of the wounded buffalo?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)