|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should not have come in search of the wounded buffalo?
2. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
(b) The last hour can be the best hour.
(c) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
(d) Garrick recommends it.
3. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
(b) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
(c) They don't like how much he is gloating.
(d) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
4. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
(a) He would hit the target.
(b) Reloading it would be quick.
(c) It would be relatively quiet.
(d) It would be noisy.
5. Why is the warthog so exciting?
(a) They have never seen one before.
(b) The tusks are extremely large.
(c) It runs from them with great speed.
(d) It does not run from them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
2. Why does Garrick stay behind for the late afternoon hunt?
3. Who can tell the longest story?
4. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
5. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)