|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
(a) A fedora.
(b) A Stetson.
(c) He is not wearing a hat.
(d) A Tyrolese.
2. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
(d) No one.
3. What is a panga?
(a) A long knife to cut brush with.
(b) A wet track.
(c) A double-bitted axe.
(d) A beaver dam.
4. What nationality is Kandisky?
(a) He is bloody English.
(b) He is Swahili.
(c) He is Austrian.
(d) He is South African.
5. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
(a) The meat is far more delicious.
(b) For shooting practice.
(c) They are a greater challenge to hunt.
(d) He cannot get within range of the ducks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
2. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
3. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
4. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
5. Who wrote The Cornet?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)