|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
2. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
(a) Polikushka by Tolstoy.
(b) Winston Churchill by Richard Carvel.
(c) Richard Carvell by Winston Churchill.
(d) Sevastopol by Tolstoy.
3. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
(b) The Memsahib.
4. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
(a) By climbing onto a person's shoulders.
(b) He sets fire to the grass and scares them out.
(c) He can smell where they are.
(d) He shoots into the grass randomly.
5. Where on the first kudu is there a white chevron?
(a) Between its eyes.
(b) At the tip of its muzzle.
(c) Between its ears.
(d) On its long legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
2. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
3. What does Pop tell Hemingway to also shoot?
4. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
5. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)