|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway solemnly look at each morning?
(a) The rising sun.
(b) His wife's face.
(c) The Southern Cross.
(d) His own reflection.
2. What drink is the finest one there is?
(a) The last round.
(b) No drink at all.
(c) The second one.
(d) The first one.
3. What poisons Hemingway's hunting plans?
(a) Drinking spoilt beer.
(b) Being hungover from whiskey.
(c) The presence of Garrick.
(d) Not enough bullets.
4. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
(a) Grant's gazelles.
(b) Swahili reed buck.
(c) Kalahari antelope.
(d) Masai donkeys.
5. What is a shenzi?
(a) The hottest part of the day.
(b) A wild man.
(c) A bad salt lick.
(d) The command to shut someone up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first animal they see in this country?
2. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
3. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
4. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
5. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)