|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does P.O.M. get the men to talk about?
(a) Leather pants.
(b) World topics.
(c) More kudu hunting.
(d) The inadequacy of modern writers.
2. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
(a) Quivers of arrows.
(b) A greasy cloth knotted over one shoulder.
(c) Draped white cloth.
3. What does a principal Somali cattle buyer carry?
(a) Spears decorated with feathers.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) An orchard bush.
(d) A Tyrolese hat.
4. What weapon is Hemingway using to hunt the greater kudu bulls?
(a) A machete.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A bow and arrow.
5. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
(a) A hunting knife.
(b) A skinning knife.
(c) A sticking knife.
(d) A pen knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the driver for Hemingway and his hunting party?
2. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
3. What type of dog would the P.O.M. prefer to be?
4. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
5. What did Hemingway's lucky shot do to the oryx?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)