|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is as accurate as an historian?
(a) A well-inflated dog.
(b) A history student.
(c) A garbage picker.
2. Why is the warthog so exciting?
(a) They have never seen one before.
(b) It runs from them with great speed.
(c) The tusks are extremely large.
(d) It does not run from them.
3. Why was Karl becoming so unhappy?
(a) Hemingway was stealing his kudu bull.
(b) He could not find any kudu bull to shoot.
(c) The hunting party had forced him to go hunting for meat.
(d) He missed his shot on the roan antelope.
4. What was the local guide chased by?
(a) A baby rhino.
(b) A tsetse fly.
(c) A large rhino.
(d) A leopard.
5. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
(a) Females have stripes.
(b) The male is a lot larger.
(c) Only the male has horns.
(d) They are different colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
2. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
3. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
5. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)