|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
(a) Garrick pleads with them not to.
(b) They resolve to only shoot kudu.
(c) To save ammunition.
(d) They have already shot plenty of guinea.
2. Why does Hemingway initially not watch M'cola skin the larger bull?
(a) The sight of blood makes him ill.
(b) M'cola is very rough when skinning.
(c) He is trying to set up the camera quickly before the sun sets.
(d) He wants to remember the bull as he first saw him.
3. What are they travelling away from?
(a) A stampede of kudu bulls.
(b) The heat.
(c) The famine.
(d) The rains from the south.
4. How does the larger kudu bull killed by Hemingway compare to Karl's?
(a) Twice as big.
(b) The same size.
(c) Thrice as big.
(d) Smaller but a more beautiful specimen.
5. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is becoming increasingly obsessed with finding kudu?
2. What does a principal Somali cattle buyer carry?
3. Why is Hemingway so against making camp where The Roman suggests?
4. What type of war is the best for a writer?
5. Who is as accurate as an historian?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)