|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
(a) Forty yards.
(b) Four hundred paces.
(c) Forty paces.
(d) Four hundred yards.
2. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
(b) A huge lion.
(c) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
(d) A marvellous leopard.
3. Who writes Spanish Gold?
(b) George A. Buckingham.
(d) Heinrich Mann.
4. Who does M'Cola consider the old men in the party?
(a) The P.O.M. and Pop.
(b) Pop and Hemingway.
(c) Himself and Charo.
(d) Hemingway and himself.
5. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
(a) The natives.
(b) The Aga Khan.
(c) The East Indians.
(d) American women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can tell the longest story?
2. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
3. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
4. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
5. What gift does the tallest Masai runner give them?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)