|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) His glasses fogging up.
(b) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
(c) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(d) His unsteadiness after a climb.
2. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To scare off leopards.
(b) To welcome nearby hunters.
(c) To attract the rhino.
(d) To kill the tsetse flies.
3. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
(a) The breeze is scattering their scent.
(b) Light coming from their torchlight.
(c) An absence of shelter for them to hide under.
(d) M'cola accidentally lets off his gun.
4. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
(a) Black kudu bull horns.
(b) Black and white ostrich plume.
(c) A hat made of locusts.
(d) Rose-colored flamingo plume.
5. Why do they not shoot the flock of fine guineas?
(a) Garrick pleads with them not to.
(b) To save ammunition.
(c) They resolve to only shoot kudu.
(d) They have already shot plenty of guinea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Dan at Kibaya?
2. Who is the tragedian of the party?
3. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
4. Which comedian's work does the hunting party compare to?
5. What is the only difference between Galicia and Handeni?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)