|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the single thing that lasts?
(a) The clear and blue coast.
(b) Empty condoms of our great loves.
(c) Worn light bulbs of our discoveries.
(d) The stream.
2. Where are writers forged?
(a) In the blacksmith.
(b) In university.
(c) In injustice.
(d) At the library.
3. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
(a) A leaking radiator.
(b) There is a loose fan belt.
(c) The engine has a timing knock.
(d) The fuel pump is faulty.
4. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) Doing nothing for other people.
(b) When he thinks of other people.
(c) That he has been very lucky.
(d) Being in the Prado.
5. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
(a) Droopy carries it all by himself.
(b) Hemingway carries it to build up his fitness.
(c) They carry it between them on a sling.
(d) They hang it in the crotch of a tree and call the porters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
2. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
3. What is beautiful for a while but then goes bad?
4. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
5. Which animal moves like a rocking-horse?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)