|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
(a) Polikushka by Tolstoy.
(b) Sevastopol by Tolstoy.
(c) Richard Carvell by Winston Churchill.
(d) Winston Churchill by Richard Carvel.
2. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To welcome nearby hunters.
(b) To kill the tsetse flies.
(c) To scare off leopards.
(d) To attract the rhino.
3. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
(a) The scent of their skin.
(b) The sound made by their shooting.
(c) The noise they make walking through the reeds.
(d) Their tracks along the tunnel.
4. Why do animals on a plain feed differently from those in the woods?
(a) It is easier to hide in the woods.
(b) Food is more abundant in the woods.
(c) They cannot find shelter on a plain.
(d) They can see further.
5. What is best to do in the morning before the sun comes out?
(a) Hunt sable.
(b) Drink chai tea.
(c) Hunt kudu bull.
(d) Drink whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
2. How does M'cola anger Hemingway?
3. What is a panga?
4. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
5. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)