|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
(a) In between its eyes.
(b) The base of its skull.
(c) The centre of its chest.
(d) The center of its shoulder.
2. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
(a) Their tracks along the tunnel.
(b) The noise they make walking through the reeds.
(c) The scent of their skin.
(d) The sound made by their shooting.
3. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
(a) A prose that has been written too many times.
(b) A prose that has never been read.
(c) A prose that has never been written.
(d) Prose that is similar to poetry.
4. What was the local guide chased by?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A baby rhino.
(c) A tsetse fly.
(d) A large rhino.
5. What does P.O.M. get the men to talk about?
(a) The inadequacy of modern writers.
(b) Leather pants.
(c) More kudu hunting.
(d) World topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of war is the best for a writer?
2. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
3. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
4. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
5. What does it mean when a tracker says Kufa?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)