|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of war is the best for a writer?
(a) A religious war.
(b) A civil war.
(c) A world war.
(d) A gang war.
2. What makes Hemingway anxious to hunt with only one hour of light left?
(a) The last hour can be the best hour.
(b) The Roman thinks that there will be rain the next day.
(c) Garrick recommends it.
(d) He is scared of catching a disease at camp.
3. Why is the warthog so exciting?
(a) The tusks are extremely large.
(b) They have never seen one before.
(c) It does not run from them.
(d) It runs from them with great speed.
4. What did Hemingway's lucky shot do to the oryx?
(a) Snapped its neck.
(b) Went right between its eyes.
(c) Broke its leg.
(d) Killed the animal instantly.
5. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
2. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
3. What is best to do in the morning before the sun comes out?
4. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
5. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)