|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Nyati?
(b) Tsetse flies.
2. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
(a) He removes his clothing.
(b) He takes off his hat.
(c) He retrieves a heavier gun.
3. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
(a) It is half the age.
(b) It is twice the size.
(c) It is half the size.
(d) It is twice the age.
4. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
(a) They see its horn above the grass.
(b) A group of tick birds suddenly take flight.
(c) They hear its grunt.
(d) They hear a loud rustling in the grass.
5. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
(a) A pen knife.
(b) A sticking knife.
(c) A skinning knife.
(d) A hunting knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hemingway not shoot the kuro in his sights?
2. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
3. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
4. Why does the rhino appear so red?
5. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)