|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the driver for Hemingway and his hunting party?
2. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(b) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
(c) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(d) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
3. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To attract the rhino.
(b) To scare off leopards.
(c) To kill the tsetse flies.
(d) To welcome nearby hunters.
4. What drink does Hemingway carry in his flask?
5. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
(a) The spot where they had first seen the rhino come out.
(b) The spot where they had seen the rhino fighting.
(c) The place they had seen the Rhino the night before.
(d) The place they had seen the rhino enter the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
2. Who was M'Cola's favourite until their licence ran out?
3. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
4. What drink is the finest one there is?
5. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)