|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
(a) Prose that is similar to poetry.
(b) A prose that has been written too many times.
(c) A prose that has never been read.
(d) A prose that has never been written.
2. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
(a) The Wanderobo.
(b) The Bwana.
(c) The M'Cola.
(d) The Abdullah.
3. What are they travelling away from?
(a) The heat.
(b) The famine.
(c) The rains from the south.
(d) A stampede of kudu bulls.
4. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
5. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
(a) Their car waiting down the road.
(b) The coming of the dusk.
(c) A lesser kudu bull.
(d) The motor-lorry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
2. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
3. What is a Shamba?
4. What type of war is the best for a writer?
5. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)