|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
(a) He shoots into the grass randomly.
(b) By climbing onto a person's shoulders.
(c) He sets fire to the grass and scares them out.
(d) He can smell where they are.
2. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(b) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(c) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
(d) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
3. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
(a) The sole is too thin making them uncomfortable.
(b) They are too short in the toe.
(c) The heel is weak and cracks easily.
(d) They are made of soft hide that tears.
4. Whose shot actually kills the first Lion?
(a) The P.O.M.
5. Who does Pop think is better off hunting by himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can shoot after you cannot see?
2. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
4. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
5. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)