|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) An oryx.
(b) A wildebeest.
(c) A kudu bull.
(d) A buffalo.
2. What does Hemingway say is more difficult than poetry?
(a) A prose that has never been read.
(b) Prose that is similar to poetry.
(c) A prose that has been written too many times.
(d) A prose that has never been written.
3. Who was meant to wear the U.S. Army khaki tunic given away by Pop?
4. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
(a) Shooting a hyena.
(b) Eating a guinea.
(c) Shooting a guinea.
(d) Eating a hyena.
5. What is a Tembo?
(a) It is a greater giraffe.
(b) It is an elephant.
(c) It is a rhino.
(d) It is a lesser kudu bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the local guide chased by?
2. What nickname does Hemingway use for his wife?
3. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
4. Who does the Memsahib try to walk like?
5. What is a Shamba?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)