|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
(a) The East Indians.
(b) American women.
(c) The Aga Khan.
(d) The natives.
2. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
(a) They heard the noise of the bullet hitting the rhinos hide.
(b) They find fresh blood on a grass blade.
(c) The rhino barks really loudly.
(d) The rhino is suddenly quiet.
3. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
(b) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(c) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(d) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
4. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
(a) Not knowing where to shoot them.
(b) His unsteadiness after a climb.
(c) His glasses fogging up.
(d) Too many handkerchiefs weighing his pockets down.
5. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
(a) The sound of the rhino stamping its feet.
(b) The noise the rhino makes in its death throws.
(c) Tick birds flying from the spot.
(d) A trail of blood on the high grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
2. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
3. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
4. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
5. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)