|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(b) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(c) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
(d) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
2. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
(a) The heel is weak and cracks easily.
(b) They are too short in the toe.
(c) The sole is too thin making them uncomfortable.
(d) They are made of soft hide that tears.
3. What do the poor people that travelling westward wear?
(b) Draped white cloth.
(c) Quivers of arrows.
(d) A greasy cloth knotted over one shoulder.
4. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
(a) He will now hunt the oryx.
(b) He is told to hunt meat.
(c) He is told to hunt kongoni.
(d) He is told to hunt kudu.
5. What scares Hemingway sick?
(a) Steep ravines.
(c) Riding in cars.
(d) Large rhino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the local guide chased by?
2. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
3. What does Pop tell Hemingway to also shoot?
4. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
5. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)