|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Shamba?
(a) It is the leader of the kudu bulls.
(b) It is a disease.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A person who raises a sisal.
2. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
(a) A Swahili hunting cap.
(b) An army beret.
(c) A Tyrolese hat.
(d) A tophat.
3. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
(a) They hear a loud rustling in the grass.
(b) A group of tick birds suddenly take flight.
(c) They see its horn above the grass.
(d) They hear its grunt.
4. Who is the driver for Hemingway and his hunting party?
5. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
(a) The centre of its chest.
(b) In between its eyes.
(c) The base of its skull.
(d) The center of its shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of war is the best for a writer?
2. Who never swallows his saliva until sunset during Ramadan?
3. Why does the rhino appear so red?
4. What is a Tembo?
5. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)