|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
(a) He cannot get within range of the ducks.
(b) The meat is far more delicious.
(c) For shooting practice.
(d) They are a greater challenge to hunt.
2. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) When he thinks of other people.
(b) Doing nothing for other people.
(c) That he has been very lucky.
(d) Being in the Prado.
3. What type of knife is used to stick the reedbuck that Hemingway shoots?
(a) A pen knife.
(b) A skinning knife.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A sticking knife.
4. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A kudu bull.
(c) An oryx.
(d) A wildebeest.
5. At what distance did Hemingway shoot the larger bull?
(a) Four hundred paces.
(b) Forty yards.
(c) Four hundred yards.
(d) Forty paces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of war is the best for a writer?
2. Who writes Spanish Gold?
3. What are the finest birds to eat?
4. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
5. Who should not have come in search of the wounded buffalo?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)