|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
(a) The natives.
(b) American women.
(c) The Aga Khan.
(d) The East Indians.
2. What was the local guide chased by?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A baby rhino.
(c) A large rhino.
(d) A tsetse fly.
3. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their beaks off.
(b) Cut their heads off.
(c) Cut their wings off.
(d) Cut their feet off.
4. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
(a) The sound of the rhino stamping its feet.
(b) The noise the rhino makes in its death throws.
(c) A trail of blood on the high grass.
(d) Tick birds flying from the spot.
5. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
(a) They heard the noise of the bullet hitting the rhinos hide.
(b) The rhino is suddenly quiet.
(c) The rhino barks really loudly.
(d) They find fresh blood on a grass blade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the big native dance festivals also called?
2. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
3. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
4. Who is the driver for Hemingway and his hunting party?
5. What does Pop tell Hemingway to also shoot?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)