|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
(d) The Memsahib.
2. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
(a) Confidence in his shooting ability.
(b) The sound of its bellow.
(c) The bull makes no sound.
(d) Pop sees the shot hit it in the shoulder.
3. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
(a) Cut their heads off.
(b) Cut their beaks off.
(c) Cut their wings off.
(d) Cut their feet off.
4. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
(b) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
(c) They don't like how much he is gloating.
(d) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
5. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
2. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
3. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
4. What does Hemingway remember hunting on the Eve of St. Batholomew?
5. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)