|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
(a) Pop sees the shot hit it in the shoulder.
(b) The sound of its bellow.
(c) The bull makes no sound.
(d) Confidence in his shooting ability.
2. What is the single thing that lasts?
(a) The clear and blue coast.
(b) The stream.
(c) Worn light bulbs of our discoveries.
(d) Empty condoms of our great loves.
3. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
(a) A Stetson.
(b) A Tyrolese.
(c) He is not wearing a hat.
(d) A fedora.
4. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
(a) It is his mother's birthday.
(b) That is when he finds out if his wife is pregnant.
(c) It is the last safe date to leave.
(d) No hunting is allowed after that date.
5. Who wrote The Cornet?
(a) Joachim Ringelnatz.
(c) Heinrich Mann.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the group of eight buffalo?
2. What does Abdullah do to the guineas that Hemingway shoots down to make them legal to eat?
3. What woman does Hemingway consider no longer beautiful?
4. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
5. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)