|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To scare off leopards.
(b) To kill the tsetse flies.
(c) To attract the rhino.
(d) To welcome nearby hunters.
2. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
(a) The natives.
(b) American women.
(c) The East Indians.
(d) The Aga Khan.
3. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
(a) Shooting a guinea.
(b) Eating a hyena.
(c) Eating a guinea.
(d) Shooting a hyena.
4. What drink is the finest one there is?
(a) The last round.
(b) The second one.
(c) The first one.
(d) No drink at all.
5. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
(b) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
(c) They don't like how much he is gloating.
(d) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
2. What type of gun is Pop carrying?
3. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
4. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
5. Where is the first camp they had in Africa located?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)