|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should not have come in search of the wounded buffalo?
2. What type of hat is Hemingway wearing?
(a) A Stetson.
(b) A Tyrolese.
(c) He is not wearing a hat.
(d) A fedora.
3. What nationality is Kandisky?
(a) He is bloody English.
(b) He is South African.
(c) He is Swahili.
(d) He is Austrian.
4. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
(a) The centre of its chest.
(b) The base of its skull.
(c) In between its eyes.
(d) The center of its shoulder.
5. What abbreviated name does Hemingway call his father?
(a) The P.O.P.
(b) The P.O.M.
(c) Mr P.O.M.
(d) Mr. J.P.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
2. Which gun does Hemingway try to shoot the buffalo with?
3. What causes the horizon to turn pink?
4. Why is Hemingway worried about the 17th February?
5. What gives away their presence to the rhino?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)