|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only difference between Galicia and Handeni?
(a) The camel flies.
(b) The buildings.
(c) The limestone outcropping.
(d) The famine.
2. What does Hemingway suggest is wrong with Kandisky's broken down car?
(a) A leaking radiator.
(b) The fuel pump is faulty.
(c) The engine has a timing knock.
(d) There is a loose fan belt.
3. What gives away the exact position of the rhino?
(a) The sound of the rhino stamping its feet.
(b) The noise the rhino makes in its death throws.
(c) Tick birds flying from the spot.
(d) A trail of blood on the high grass.
4. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
(a) An African mosquito.
(b) A tsetse fly.
(c) A Spanish camel fly.
(d) Bull elk.
5. What does Hemingway's wife think Von Lettow is bitter about?
(a) The Aga Khan.
(b) The natives.
(c) American women.
(d) The East Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
2. Which book is Hemingway reading The Cossacks from?
3. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
4. What is the biggest hazard for Hemingway when shooting large animals?
5. What does M'Cola think is the funniest joke of them all?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)