|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they not shoot the first Rhino they find?
(a) It is a calf rhino.
(b) It is a cow rhino.
(c) There is no horn.
(d) The horn is too small.
2. Who writes Spanish Gold?
(a) Heinrich Mann.
(b) George A. Buckingham.
3. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
(a) They are a greater challenge to hunt.
(b) For shooting practice.
(c) He cannot get within range of the ducks.
(d) The meat is far more delicious.
4. What does Hemingway tell the hunting party every night?
(a) That he hates riding in cars.
(b) That he loves getting drunk.
(c) That he is an awful tracker.
(d) That he is a fine bird shot.
(a) She is the apple of his eye.
(b) She is too much trouble.
(c) It is like a second wife.
(d) It is his life's joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
2. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
3. Why does the rhino appear so red?
4. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
5. Who is described as having thin Chinese hairs at the corners of his mouth?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)