|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
(a) They carry it between them on a sling.
(b) They hang it in the crotch of a tree and call the porters.
(c) Hemingway carries it to build up his fitness.
(d) Droopy carries it all by himself.
2. Who wrote The Cornet?
(a) Joachim Ringelnatz.
(b) Heinrich Mann.
3. What task is Karl given to make him feel better?
(a) He is told to hunt kongoni.
(b) He is told to hunt meat.
(c) He is told to hunt kudu.
(d) He will now hunt the oryx.
4. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
(a) The rhino is suddenly quiet.
(b) The rhino barks really loudly.
(c) They find fresh blood on a grass blade.
(d) They heard the noise of the bullet hitting the rhinos hide.
5. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
(a) The center of its shoulder.
(b) The base of its skull.
(c) In between its eyes.
(d) The centre of its chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scares Hemingway sick?
2. Who rows with Hemingway while hunting zebra?
3. What did the thorn tree with yellow blossoms mark?
4. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)