|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
(a) To scare off leopards.
(b) To attract the rhino.
(c) To kill the tsetse flies.
(d) To welcome nearby hunters.
2. Where does Hemingway compare this new country to?
(a) Mount Kenya.
(b) Aragon in Spain.
(c) Babati in Kenya.
(d) Barcelona in Spain.
3. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) They don't like how much he is gloating.
(b) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
(c) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
(d) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
4. What is it that Hemingway thinks makes him unhappy?
(a) That he has been very lucky.
(b) Being in the Prado.
(c) When he thinks of other people.
(d) Doing nothing for other people.
5. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
(a) They are made of soft hide that tears.
(b) They are too short in the toe.
(c) The sole is too thin making them uncomfortable.
(d) The heel is weak and cracks easily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are writers forged?
2. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
3. What is the single thing that lasts?
4. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
5. Who was the only person happy for Karl?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)