|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
(a) The meat is far more delicious.
(b) They are a greater challenge to hunt.
(c) For shooting practice.
(d) He cannot get within range of the ducks.
2. What does Hemingway believe scares away the greater kudu bulls and ruins the first hunt?
(a) A lesser kudu bull.
(b) The motor-lorry.
(c) The coming of the dusk.
(d) Their car waiting down the road.
3. How do Droopy and Hemingway transport the reedbuck's body back to camp?
(a) They hang it in the crotch of a tree and call the porters.
(b) They carry it between them on a sling.
(c) Hemingway carries it to build up his fitness.
(d) Droopy carries it all by himself.
4. What picture appears on the bottle of beer that they drink?
(a) A black rhino on a yellow label.
(b) A horseman in armor.
(c) A hunting cap.
(d) A yellow buffalo on a black label.
5. Why is Pop unsure whether or not Hemingway has shot the rhino?
(a) It was a very long shot.
(b) Hemingway is a bad shot.
(c) He think's that Mama made the shot.
(d) The rhino was too fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hemingway confident of when he used the 470?
2. What has gotten M'Cola worried?
3. What type of hat is Kandisky wearing when he first meets Hemingway?
4. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
5. How is Pop able to shoot elephants in high grass?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)