|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did they not attack the Rhino on first sight?
(a) A herd of buffalo was blocking their path.
(b) It was too dark to reach the Rhino in time for a shot.
(c) The path to the Rhino was too wet and slippery.
(d) There were too many Rhino to aim at.
2. Why are the rhinos so hard to find?
(a) They are too small.
(b) They are very shy.
(c) They are very fast.
(d) They are well camouflaged.
(a) It is like a second wife.
(b) She is the apple of his eye.
(c) She is too much trouble.
(d) It is his life's joy.
4. What color is an old buffalo bull?
5. Who does Hemingway's wife think is the greatest writer in America?
(b) Upton Sinclair.
(c) Sinclair Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Karl's rhino compare to Hemingway's?
2. Why was Karl becoming so unhappy?
3. How does Hemingway know he has killed the bull before he has even seen it?
4. What does Pop tell Hemingway to also shoot?
5. What allows Hemingway his strong sense of smell?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)