|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hemingway solemnly look at each morning?
(a) His own reflection.
(b) The rising sun.
(c) His wife's face.
(d) The Southern Cross.
2. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
(a) Natives never lie.
(b) They are drunk.
(c) He tells it very straight.
(d) He looks very reputable.
3. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
(a) The rhino will spot them if they climb any higher.
(b) The vantage point from the hills is too low.
(c) The westerly wind is blowing dust preventing them from seeing the rhino.
(d) The easterly wind will blow their scent on ahead and warn the rhino.
4. Why does Hemingway begin shooting the snipe?
(a) The meat is far more delicious.
(b) They are a greater challenge to hunt.
(c) He cannot get within range of the ducks.
(d) For shooting practice.
5. How does Hemingway hand the Springfield to M'cola?
(a) It is thrown to him.
(b) He gives it to him boltless.
(c) With the safety off.
(d) Loaded with a round still in the chamber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the finest birds to eat?
2. What did Mama not know about Pop?
3. What was the local guide chased by?
4. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
5. What is beautiful for a while but then goes bad?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)