|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hemingway aiming for when he shot the reedbuck?
(a) In between its eyes.
(b) The centre of its chest.
(c) The base of its skull.
(d) The center of its shoulder.
2. What is the single thing that lasts?
(a) The clear and blue coast.
(b) The stream.
(c) Empty condoms of our great loves.
(d) Worn light bulbs of our discoveries.
3. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
(a) Rose-colored flamingo plume.
(b) A hat made of locusts.
(c) Black and white ostrich plume.
(d) Black kudu bull horns.
4. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) A marvellous leopard.
(b) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
(c) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
(d) A huge lion.
5. What type of war is the best for a writer?
(a) A world war.
(b) A gang war.
(c) A civil war.
(d) A religious war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the finest birds to eat?
2. Why are Spanish shooting boots unsuitable for climbing down steep hills?
3. How does M'cola anger Hemingway?
4. Why can the hunting party not get above ridges of hills as they hunt the rhino?
5. What do you have to take your shirt off to kill?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)