|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
(a) Black kudu bull horns.
(b) A hat made of locusts.
(c) Rose-colored flamingo plume.
(d) Black and white ostrich plume.
2. What does Droopy do as a precaution before he goes to find the rhino?
(b) He takes off his hat.
(c) He removes his clothing.
(d) He retrieves a heavier gun.
3. Why do they believe the lousy old man has sighted kudu?
(a) Natives never lie.
(b) He looks very reputable.
(c) He tells it very straight.
(d) They are drunk.
4. What is it that confirms that Hemingway successfully shot the rhino?
(a) They heard the noise of the bullet hitting the rhinos hide.
(b) The rhino is suddenly quiet.
(c) They find fresh blood on a grass blade.
(d) The rhino barks really loudly.
5. What is Hemingway's Valhalla?
(a) A wet salt lick.
(b) The harsh hunting country of Tarahalla.
(c) Fear that he will not find kudu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the trees at the edge of Droopy's country girdled?
2. Where is the new country they head to in search of unsophisticated kudu?
3. What animal would Hemingway prefer instead of a rhino?
4. Why might the animals be aware of the hunting party?
5. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)