|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hemingway's hunting party finding it hard to feel happy for Karl's rhino?
(a) Their rhino was killed with much more skill.
(b) His fine rhino makes theirs look ridiculous.
(c) They don't like how much he is gloating.
(d) His rhino was found just outside the camp.
2. What did Karl find on his rhino carcass the next morning?
(a) A huge lion.
(b) Rose-coloured flamingoes.
(c) A swarm of Tsetse flies.
(d) A marvellous leopard.
3. The oryx are similar to what other animal?
(a) Masai donkeys.
(b) Swahili reed buck.
(c) Grant's gazelles.
(d) Kalahari antelope.
4. What does Hemingway solemnly look at each morning?
(a) His wife's face.
(b) The rising sun.
(c) The Southern Cross.
(d) His own reflection.
5. What is the most obvious difference between male and female sable?
(a) Females have stripes.
(b) Only the male has horns.
(c) They are different colors.
(d) The male is a lot larger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the local guide chased by?
2. What have you got to be careful of when hunting sable bull?
3. Why do M'Cola and Hemingway decide to turn back?
4. What headdress does Garrick wear to the annoyance of Hemingway?
5. What alerts Karl and Dan to the rhino just outside of camp?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)