|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it decided that Stephen will be a family priest for?
2. Where is Stephen's body found hanging?
3. Who is chosen to be one of Queen Mary's ladies in waiting?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 11, what has Wat recently discovered about Simkin?
5. What does Dr. Akananda tell Richard to touch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the water witch Celia goes to visit.
2. Who is drawn to investigate Stephen's death?
3. How does Dr. Julian respond when Celia asks him for his help in running away with Stephen?
4. Who does Dr. Akananda believe are the reincarnated souls from Celia's past life?
5. What fate befalls Celia and Stephen?
6. For Celia, what is the advantage of marrying Edwin?
7. How does Celia anger Emma at the birthday party?
8. What does Maggie's appointment as a lady in waiting to the Queen make Celia realize?
9. Why doe the residents of Cowdray feel stifled after the death of King Edward?
10. Why does Celia decide to marry Edwin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The character of Stephen Marsdon is a monk who falls in love with a young woman. How does Stephen deal with the struggle between his commitment to God and his love for Celia? How does he react? Why does he make the choices he does?
Essay Topic 2
The role of protagonist is shared between Celia Marsdon and Celia de Bohun. Compare and contrast the two characters.
Essay Topic 3
Seton uses real historical figures in the novel "Green Darkness". Why does she do this? What historical figures does she portray? What purpose do these characters serve? Do they help or hinder the illustration of the 16th century life that Seton creates in the novel?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)