|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls in love with Celia at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) Sir John Hutchinson.
(b) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(d) Sir Anthony.
2. Who reveals that they are in the room with Celia and Stephen at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(c) Sir Anthony.
3. What event throws England into turmoil?
(a) A famine.
(b) Lady Jane Grey's death.
(c) King Edward's death.
(d) The Reformation.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 11, what has Wat recently discovered about Simkin?
(a) That he is in love with Celia.
(b) That he is gay.
(c) That he dresses in women's clothes.
(d) That he steals from the castle.
5. What does Celia say about Dr. Akananada that shocks her mother?
(a) Celia wishes he would leave.
(b) Celia calls him a crook.
(c) Celia says Dr. Akananada is handsome.
(d) Celia calls him Dr. Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies at Cowdray in Part 2, Chapter 11?
2. Who does Celia ask to help her and Stephen find a way to run away together?
3. What do Dr. Akananda and Lily discuss at the end of Part 2, Chapter 19?
4. What does Dr. Akananda say he has done before but will not do again?
5. What does Celia tell Sir John at the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fate befalls Celia and Stephen?
2. What do Celia and Richard decide to do to honor their past lives?
3. What does the Marden Chronicle say about Celia and Richard's past life personas?
4. How and why has Dr. Julian been rewarded by Queen Mary?
5. Describe the water witch Celia goes to visit.
6. Describe Sir John Hutchinson.
7. For Celia, what is the advantage of marrying Edwin?
8. Why is Sir John's proposal to marry Celia refused?
9. How does Celia feel living in her new home at Lincolnshire?
10. What does Maggie's appointment as a lady in waiting to the Queen make Celia realize?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)