|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Celia returns to the great house in Part 2, Chapter 18, who is waiting for her there?
2. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 16, who has disappeared with their horse?
3. Who reveals that they are in the room with Celia and Stephen at the end of Part 2, Chapter 13?
(a) Sir Anthony.
(c) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
4. What does Maggie assume Celia will do since her husband has died?
(a) Enter a convent.
(b) Become a governess.
(c) Leave Cowdray.
5. What does Dr. Akananda ask Richard to read to him?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) An old love letter from Celia.
(d) The Marson Chronicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Celia and Richard do to honor Celia de Bohun and Stephen Marsdon?
2. What does Celia tell Sir John at the ball?
3. Why does Ursula beg Celia to return to Cowdray in Part 2, Chapter 15?
4. What pseudonym does Celia use when she applies for a job with the Allens?
5. What is Stephen said to be wearing as a form of penance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fate befalls Celia and Stephen?
2. Why is Lady Ursula left on her deathbed with no one to care for her?
3. How and why has Dr. Julian been rewarded by Queen Mary?
4. Who is drawn to investigate Stephen's death?
5. What do Celia and Richard decide to do to honor their past lives?
6. What does Maggie's appointment as a lady in waiting to the Queen make Celia realize?
7. How does Dr. Julian respond when Celia asks him for his help in running away with Stephen?
8. Who does Dr. Akananda believe are the reincarnated souls from Celia's past life?
9. How does Celia anger Emma at the birthday party?
10. Why does Celia decide to marry Edwin?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)