|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Stephen's body?
(b) Dr. Julian.
2. How does Edna Simpson die?
(a) She falls off a cliff.
(b) She drowns.
(c) In a house fire.
(d) She is murdered.
3. What fact about Celia's condition does Dr. Akananda share with Sir Arthur?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she is recovering.
(c) That she is paralyzed.
(d) That she is dying.
4. What does Stephen say Sir Thomas Wyatt may be planning?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A rebellion against the Protestants.
(c) A rebellion against the Queen.
(d) A way to win over Celia.
5. Where does Celia run to find Stephen in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) In the chapel.
(b) Town square.
(c) St. Ann's Hill.
(d) The cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightens Celia in Part 2, Chapter 11?
2. What celebration is held at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
3. What does Celia learns happened to Thomas Wyatt?
4. Who does Celia ask to help her and Stephen find a way to run away together?
5. Who does Celia ask for help in getting her marriage to Edwin approved?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is drawn to investigate Stephen's death?
2. How does Dr. Julian respond when Celia asks him for his help in running away with Stephen?
3. What do Celia and Richard decide to do to honor their past lives?
4. For Celia, what is the advantage of marrying Edwin?
5. Why doe the residents of Cowdray feel stifled after the death of King Edward?
6. Why is Lady Ursula left on her deathbed with no one to care for her?
7. How does Celia anger Emma at the birthday party?
8. Describe the water witch Celia goes to visit.
9. Why does Stephen kiss Celia in Part 2, Chapter 12?
10. What does Maggie's appointment as a lady in waiting to the Queen make Celia realize?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)