|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir Anthony refuse Sir John as a husband for Celia?
(a) He is a Protestant.
(b) He is a widower.
(c) He is too old.
(d) He is a bafoon.
2. Who is it decided that Stephen will be a family priest for?
(a) Queen Mary.
(b) The Hutchinsons.
(c) The Dacres.
(d) The Allens.
3. Who does Celia introduce herself as to Maggie and Sir Anthony in Part 2, Chapter 15?
(a) Lady Southwell's niece.
(b) Sir. John Hutchinson's widow.
(c) A servant.
(d) An old friend.
4. When Celia returns to the great house in Part 2, Chapter 18, who is waiting for her there?
5. Who does Julian meet with to discuss Stephen's death?
(a) Sir Anthony.
(c) Stephen's brother Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pseudonym does Celia use when she applies for a job with the Allens?
2. What does Maggie assume Celia will do since her husband has died?
3. What does Dr. Akananda say he has done before but will not do again?
4. What celebration is held at the end of Part 2, Chapter 17?
5. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 16, who has disappeared with their horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doe the residents of Cowdray feel stifled after the death of King Edward?
2. Why is Sir John's proposal to marry Celia refused?
3. Why is Lady Ursula left on her deathbed with no one to care for her?
4. What does Dr. Akananda realize about his past life and his treatment of Celia?
5. What do Celia and Richard decide to do to honor their past lives?
6. What fate befalls Celia and Stephen?
7. How does Celia feel living in her new home at Lincolnshire?
8. Why does Celia decide to marry Edwin?
9. For Celia, what is the advantage of marrying Edwin?
10. Who is drawn to investigate Stephen's death?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)