|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir Anthony refuse Sir John as a husband for Celia?
(a) He is a Protestant.
(b) He is a bafoon.
(c) He is a widower.
(d) He is too old.
2. What event throws England into turmoil?
(a) Lady Jane Grey's death.
(b) A famine.
(c) The Reformation.
(d) King Edward's death.
3. What is Stephen said to be wearing as a form of penance?
(a) A chastity belt.
(b) A thorn crown.
(c) A hair shirt.
(d) An ankle weight.
4. How do Celia and Richard greet each other when she returns from the hospital?
(a) Like a happily married couple.
(c) Like strangers.
(d) With polite respect.
5. Who is it decided that Stephen will be a family priest for?
(a) The Hutchinsons.
(b) The Allens.
(c) Queen Mary.
(d) The Dacres.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Celia run to find Stephen in Part 2, Chapter 11?
2. What does Dr. Akananda ask Richard to read to him?
3. In Chapter 16, where does Celia tell Stephen she will meet him at night?
4. Who leaves Mary's procession early due to illness?
5. What does Dr. Akananda say he has done before but will not do again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Marden Chronicle say about Celia and Richard's past life personas?
2. For Celia, what is the advantage of marrying Edwin?
3. Why does Stephen kiss Celia in Part 2, Chapter 12?
4. How and why has Dr. Julian been rewarded by Queen Mary?
5. How does Dr. Julian respond when Celia asks him for his help in running away with Stephen?
6. Who is drawn to investigate Stephen's death?
7. Who does Dr. Akananda believe are the reincarnated souls from Celia's past life?
8. Why is Sir John's proposal to marry Celia refused?
9. Why is Lady Ursula left on her deathbed with no one to care for her?
10. Why does Celia decide to marry Edwin?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)