|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. What does Celia say of the men in Cumberland?
(a) They will not turn her away.
(b) They will be boorish.
(c) They will not appreciate her.
(d) They are better than the men at Cowdray.
3. How does Lady Bess die?
(a) Lady Bess is trampled by a horse.
(b) Lady Bess stabs herself.
(c) Lady Bess dies of influenza.
(d) Lady Bess falls down a well.
4. What does Sir Anthony fear in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) That he will be taken away and imprisoned in the tower.
(b) That he will be charged with treason.
(c) That he will lose all his hair.
(d) That he will lose his inheritance.
5. How does Celia react when she first sees Stephen upon returning to Cowdray?
(a) Celia silently leaves the room.
(b) Celia slaps Stephen.
(c) Celia stares at him.
(d) Celia gives Stephen a hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard drag Celia to in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. The day after he kisses her, how does Simkin react when Celia tries to smile at him?
3. What is Celia and Richard's surname?
4. How does the princess act when Lady Ursula's party visits?
5. How does Stephen respond to Celia kissing him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stops Celia from worrying about her wedding?
2. Why is it suggested Celia should return to living at the Spread Eagle?
3. How does Celia de Bohun come to live at Cowdray Castle?
4. What does Dr. Julian think of Lady Ursula.
5. Why has the monk, Stephen, been hidden away?
6. Why does Edna Simpson dislike Celia?
7. What happened to Celia when she visited Cowdray castle?
8. Why does Edna refuse to leave the Marsdon home, and what does she say about Celia's illness?
9. What does Dr. Akananda suspect after hearing Celia's murmurings at night?
10. What does Celia find Richard reading in the study?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)