|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edna refuse to leave the Marsdon home?
(a) Edna says she is too ill.
(b) Edna wants to help Celia.
(c) Edna doesn't want to leave in bad weather.
(d) Edna can't find her diamond necklace.
2. What does Celia say of the men in Cumberland?
(a) They are better than the men at Cowdray.
(b) They will not turn her away.
(c) They will be boorish.
(d) They will not appreciate her.
3. What does Doctor Julian find is wrong with Mrs. Allen?
(a) She is drunk.
(b) She has eaten rotten meat.
(c) She has a high fever.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. Who interrogates Lady Ursula at Durham House?
(a) The Duke of York.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) The Duke of Cornwall.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
5. What keeps Celia awake at night in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Thinking of how miserable Stephen must be.
(b) Nightmares about Emma Allen.
(c) Her uncomfortable bed.
(d) A noisy banquet being thrown by the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Celia's guests decide to visit at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. Who does Celia see having sex in the stable?
3. What are the names of Magdalene Dacre's brothers?
4. What does Julian foresee in Celia's future?
5. Though he begins to treat her better since becoming engaged, what can Celia still see in Leonard's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What upsets Celia about her conversation with Dr. Akananda?
2. How does Celia feel one week after arriving at Naworth Castle?
3. What happened to Celia when she visited Cowdray castle?
4. What prevents Celia's wedding from taking place?
5. What makes Richard hysterical at the end of Part 1, Chapter 2?
6. Why does Simkin lose interest in Celia?
7. What dangerous comment does Lady Ursula make in London?
8. Why is Lady Jane Grey becoming heir to the throne of England a bad thing for Sir Anthony?
9. Why is Sir Allen nervous about the King's visit to Cowdray?
10. What was Stephen taught about friendship in the monastery?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)