|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Celia been at Namworth at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One night.
2. Who does Celia find herself sitting next to at the banquet in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Kind Edward.
(b) Stephen Marsdon.
(c) Sir Anthony.
(d) Leonard Dacre.
3. Why does Edna refuse to leave the Marsdon home?
(a) Edna wants to help Celia.
(b) Edna doesn't want to leave in bad weather.
(c) Edna says she is too ill.
(d) Edna can't find her diamond necklace.
4. What does Doctor Julian find is wrong with Mrs. Allen?
(a) She has a high fever.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is drunk.
(d) She has eaten rotten meat.
5. What is Stephen's condition when he is retrieved from the dungeon?
(a) Stephen is starving.
(b) Stephen is exhausted.
(c) Stephen is furious.
(d) Stephen is delirious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Celia from originally?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 10, what position does Stephen now hold at Cowdray?
3. When he returns from the hospital, were does Dr Akananda find Richard?
4. How many days after the King's departure does Stephen remain in the dungeon?
5. What does Sir Anthony fear in Part 2, Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Celia feel one week after arriving at Naworth Castle?
2. What does Dr. Akananda suspect after hearing Celia's murmurings at night?
3. Why does Edna refuse to leave the Marsdon home, and what does she say about Celia's illness?
4. Why is Sir Allen nervous about the King's visit to Cowdray?
5. How does Leonard Dacre treat Celia?
6. Who is Bloody Bess?
7. Why is Dr. Julian left without a place to stay?
8. What dangerous comment does Lady Ursula make in London?
9. What kind of treatment does Dr. Akananda get from the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
10. What upsets Celia about her conversation with Dr. Akananda?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)