|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pseudonym does Celia use when she applies for a job with the Allens?
(a) Lucy Stephens.
(b) Jane Kent.
(c) Cissy Boone.
(d) Mary Taggle.
2. What frightens Celia in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Stephen's coldness.
(b) Lady Jane's labor.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A storm.
3. Who does Celia ask for help in getting her marriage to Edwin approved?
(c) Sir Anthony.
(d) The Queen.
4. What event throws England into turmoil?
(a) The Reformation.
(b) A famine.
(c) Lady Jane Grey's death.
(d) King Edward's death.
5. Who dies at Cowdray in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) Sir Anthony.
(b) Lady Jane.
6. In Part 2, Chapter 12, what does Ursula confront Sir Anthony about at a ball?
(a) Why he has been spending his funds frivolously.
(b) Why he hasn't helped to find Celia a husband yet.
(c) His drinking habits.
(d) Why he has not remarried.
7. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 16, who has disappeared with their horse?
8. Where does Celia run to find Stephen in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) St. Ann's Hill.
(b) Town square.
(c) In the chapel.
(d) The cellar.
9. What does Dickon tell Celia about Emma Allen?
(a) That she is crazy.
(b) That she is violent.
(c) That she is strange.
(d) That she is kind.
10. How do Celia and Richard greet each other when she returns from the hospital?
(a) With polite respect.
(b) Like a happily married couple.
(c) Like strangers.
11. What does Celia Marsdon remember about her life as Celia de Bohum when she awakens?
(a) Cowdray Castle.
12. What does Stephen say Sir Thomas Wyatt may be planning?
(a) A rebellion against the Queen.
(b) A rebellion against the Protestants.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A way to win over Celia.
13. How does Edna Simpson die?
(a) In a house fire.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She falls off a cliff.
14. What does Celia learns happened to Thomas Wyatt?
(a) He was executed.
(b) He was killed in battle.
(c) He set out for sea.
(d) He was murdered by a Catholic.
15. Who does Celia ask to help her and Stephen find a way to run away together?
(a) Sir Anthony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Thomas Wyatt try to gain Celia's attention?
2. What do Celia and Richard do to honor Celia de Bohun and Stephen Marsdon?
3. What does Dr. Akananda ask Richard to read to him?
4. What is Stephen said to be wearing as a form of penance?
5. What does Celia have a vision of in Part 2, Chapter 16?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)