|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 16, who has disappeared with their horse?
2. Who does Celia introduce herself as to Maggie and Sir Anthony in Part 2, Chapter 15?
(a) Sir. John Hutchinson's widow.
(b) Lady Southwell's niece.
(c) A servant.
(d) An old friend.
3. What fact about Celia's condition does Dr. Akananda share with Sir Arthur?
(a) That she is dying.
(b) That she is paralyzed.
(c) That she is recovering.
(d) That she is pregnant.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 11, what has Wat recently discovered about Simkin?
(a) That he steals from the castle.
(b) That he is in love with Celia.
(c) That he dresses in women's clothes.
(d) That he is gay.
5. What is Stephen said to be wearing as a form of penance?
(a) A hair shirt.
(b) A chastity belt.
(c) An ankle weight.
(d) A thorn crown.
6. What do Dr. Akananda and Lily discuss at the end of Part 2, Chapter 19?
(b) Past lives.
(c) The weather.
(d) The medical profession.
7. Who is Celia quickly and quietly married off to?
(c) Sir John.
(d) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
8. By August, where does Celia travel to?
9. Who falls in love with Celia at the end of Part 2, Chapter 12?
(a) Sir Thomas Wyatt.
(b) Sir Anthony.
(d) Sir John Hutchinson.
10. What is recorded about Celia de Bohun in the Marsdon Chronicle?
(a) She had married Edwin secretly.
(b) She was given a Christian burial.
(c) She had had a baby in secret.
(d) She was taken out of the wall before it was too late.
11. Who dies at Cowdray in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(b) Sir Anthony.
(c) Lady Jane.
12. What does Celia name the dog she adopts?
13. What does Dr. Akananda ask Richard to read to him?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Marson Chronicle.
(c) An old love letter from Celia.
(d) The newspaper.
14. Why does Celia run to town?
(a) To find a nurse.
(b) To find a doctor.
(c) To find a priest.
(d) To find the midwife.
15. What does Celia Marsdon remember about her life as Celia de Bohum when she awakens?
(c) Cowdray Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, where does Celia tell Stephen she will meet him at night?
2. What does Dickon tell Celia about Emma Allen?
3. Who is chosen to be one of Queen Mary's ladies in waiting?
4. Who does Julian meet with to discuss Stephen's death?
5. What does Celia murmur when she falls asleep on her wedding night?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)