|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leonard Dacre treat Celia?
2. What are the names of Magdalene Dacre's brothers?
(a) Thomas and Leonard.
(b) Oscar and Richard.
(c) John and Roland.
(d) Edward and James.
3. After sneaking out of the castle, where does Celia find Stephen working?
(a) At the Abbey.
(b) In his garden.
(c) At the stables.
(d) Inside his hut.
4. Who owns Cowdray Castle?
(a) The Browne family.
(b) The de Bohuns family.
(c) The King.
(d) The Marsdon family.
5. How does Celia respond to Simkin kissing her?
(a) Celia kisses him back.
(b) Celia pushes him away.
(c) Celia breaks out in a rash.
(d) Celia screams.
6. Why is Lady Bess's death a blessing for Celia?
(a) Celia will inherate Lady Bess's fortune.
(b) Lady Bess was horribly mean to Celia.
(c) Celia can now return to Cowdray.
(d) Bess's funeral will take place instead of Celia's wedding.
7. Why does Julian bleed Mrs Allen and order her a cold compress?
(a) Mrs. Allen insists on being bled.
(b) Mr. Allen offers to pay any amount for her treatment.
(c) It is the only way to cure her.
(d) To impress his audience.
8. Who is Lily?
(a) Celia's sister.
(b) Richard's step-mother.
(c) Richard's aunt.
(d) Celia's mother.
9. What does Celia host at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A weekend party.
(b) A wedding reception.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A Christmas party.
10. What does Sir Anthony fear in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) That he will lose all his hair.
(b) That he will lose his inheritance.
(c) That he will be charged with treason.
(d) That he will be taken away and imprisoned in the tower.
11. How do Celia and Stephen address each other after Celia's return to Cowdray?
12. Where is Celia from originally?
13. What happens to Celia's arms at the end of Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) They are frozen in position.
(b) They break out in a rash.
(c) They are broken.
(d) They are tied up.
14. How does Celia feel about the plan for her to marry?
(a) Celia is ecstatic.
(b) Celia feels fortunate that she will be made a wife at such a young age.
(c) Celia feels betrayed by Ursula.
(d) Celia is hesitant.
15. What keeps Celia awake at night in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Her uncomfortable bed.
(b) Thinking of how miserable Stephen must be.
(c) A noisy banquet being thrown by the King.
(d) Nightmares about Emma Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Lady Jane Grey related to King Edward?
2. Who was Bloody Bess's husband?
3. Who does Celia remind Simkin of?
4. On their trip home from Naworth, what trouble do Ursula and Celia have once they reach London?
5. What does Celia hope to accomplish by flirting with Harry?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)