|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Celia in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Seventeen years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Sixteen years old.
2. Who does Stephen think Celia de Bohuns resembles?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) Lady Ursula.
(c) His mother.
(d) Princess Mary.
3. Who does Richard tell Celia he cannot stand?
(b) Myra, Duchess of Drewton.
(c) Edna Simpson.
(d) Harry Jones.
4. Which castle does Celia recall visiting with Richard?
(a) Medfield Castle.
(b) Marsdon Castle.
(c) Naworth Castle.
(d) Cowdray Castle.
5. What nationality is Doctor Julian?
6. Where is Stephen being hidden during the King's stay?
(a) At Battle Abbey.
(b) The gamekeeper's cottage.
(c) At the Spread Eagle.
(d) A dungeon cell.
7. What is Doctor Julian's professional goal?
(a) To become a ship doctor on an trans-Atlantic expedition.
(b) To find a cure for the common cold.
(c) To become one of the King's doctors.
(d) To teach medicine in a university.
8. How does Leonard Dacre treat Celia?
9. Why does Edna refuse to leave the Marsdon home?
(a) Edna doesn't want to leave in bad weather.
(b) Edna says she is too ill.
(c) Edna wants to help Celia.
(d) Edna can't find her diamond necklace.
10. What does Edna hope will happen as a result of Celia's illness?
(a) That Celia will die.
(b) That Celia will have a long and painful recovery.
(c) That Richard will leave Celia.
(d) That Celia will lose a limb.
11. Who is the new King of England in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) King George.
(b) King Richard.
(c) King Henry.
(d) King Edward.
12. Who is Emma Allen's younger sister married to?
(a) Tom Marsdon.
(b) The Duke of Northumberland.
(c) Dr. Julian.
(d) Sir Anthony's brother.
13. What does Lady Ursula notice about Celia's mood as they set off on their trip?
(a) She is sullen.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is worried.
(d) She is angry.
14. Who is George Simpson?
(a) A gallery owner.
(b) A legal firm owner.
(c) A history professor.
(d) The groundskeeper.
15. Why is Lady Bess's death a blessing for Celia?
(a) Lady Bess was horribly mean to Celia.
(b) Celia will inherate Lady Bess's fortune.
(c) Celia can now return to Cowdray.
(d) Bess's funeral will take place instead of Celia's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Celia find herself sitting next to at the banquet in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. How does Celia respond to Simkin kissing her?
3. In her unresponsive state, where does Celia say she is awaiting the King?
4. What are Maggie and Celia sure of when they say goodbye to each other?
5. Who does Celia remind Simkin of?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)