|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Celia tell Richard she will seduce?
(a) George Simpson.
(b) Dr. Akananda.
(c) Harry Jones.
2. What happens to Celia at Cowdray mansion after she screams?
(a) Celia runs away.
(b) Celia faints.
(c) Celia falls asleep.
(d) Celia sobs.
3. Who does Nanny ask to speak to Richard?
(b) Dr. Akananda.
4. What is the name of Celia's aunt?
(a) Lady Sarah de Bohuns.
(b) Lady Ursula de Bohuns.
(c) Lady Elizabeth de Bohuns.
(d) Lady Cecelia de Bohuns.
5. What keeps Celia awake at night in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) A noisy banquet being thrown by the King.
(b) Nightmares about Emma Allen.
(c) Thinking of how miserable Stephen must be.
(d) Her uncomfortable bed.
6. How does the King begin to act toward the end of his visit?
7. Who is Wat Farrier?
(a) Cowdray's coachman.
(b) Sir Anthony's secretary.
(c) Cowdray's Keeper of the Horses.
(d) The Abbot at Battle Abbey.
8. How is Celia's behavior at dinner?
9. What does Celia say of the men in Cumberland?
(a) They will not turn her away.
(b) They will not appreciate her.
(c) They are better than the men at Cowdray.
(d) They will be boorish.
10. What does Nanny suspect is wrong with Richard?
(a) That Richard is intoxicated.
(b) That Richard is sleepwalking.
(c) That Richard is possessed.
(d) That Richard believes he is Stephen Marsdon.
11. Who does Celia begin to talk about when she sits in Cowdray mansion?
(a) A woman named Ursula.
(b) A woman named Emma.
(c) A man named Julian.
(d) A man named Stephen.
12. What is required to be hidden from the King's eyes?
(a) Poor peasants.
(c) Anything related to Catholicism.
(d) Reminders of his father's reign.
13. What is Doctor Julian's professional goal?
(a) To become a ship doctor on an trans-Atlantic expedition.
(b) To teach medicine in a university.
(c) To become one of the King's doctors.
(d) To find a cure for the common cold.
14. How does Dr. Akananda hear Celia speaking at night?
(a) With an old-fashioned English accent.
(b) In French.
(c) With a old-fashioned vocabulary.
(d) In gibberish.
15. Where did Celia and Richard meet?
(a) In a museum.
(b) At a dinner party.
(c) On a cruise.
(d) At a horse race.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after the King's departure does Stephen remain in the dungeon?
2. How are Celia and Lady Ursula greeted at Namworth Castle?
3. How do Celia and Stephen address each other after Celia's return to Cowdray?
4. Though he begins to treat her better since becoming engaged, what can Celia still see in Leonard's eyes?
5. Why does Julian bleed Mrs Allen and order her a cold compress? .
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)