|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Anthony fear in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) That he will lose all his hair.
(b) That he will lose his inheritance.
(c) That he will be charged with treason.
(d) That he will be taken away and imprisoned in the tower.
2. What happens to Celia at Cowdray mansion after she screams?
(a) Celia faints.
(b) Celia falls asleep.
(c) Celia sobs.
(d) Celia runs away.
3. The day after he kisses her, how does Simkin react when Celia tries to smile at him?
(a) Simkin smiles back.
(b) Simkin blushes.
(c) Simkin insults Celia.
(d) Simkin ignores Celia.
4. What does Sir Anthony give Wat for the Princess?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A letter.
(c) A jewelry box.
(d) A cross.
5. Who does Celia tell Richard she will seduce?
(a) George Simpson.
(b) Dr. Akananda.
(c) Harry Jones.
6. What is required to be hidden from the King's eyes?
(b) Reminders of his father's reign.
(c) Poor peasants.
(d) Anything related to Catholicism.
7. How many days after the King's departure does Stephen remain in the dungeon?
(a) One day.
(b) Five days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Two days.
8. Who owns Cowdray Castle?
(a) The de Bohuns family.
(b) The Marsdon family.
(c) The Browne family.
(d) The King.
9. Which princess in exile does Ursula's party seek in Hudson?
(a) Princess Elizabeth.
(b) Princess Anne.
(c) Princess Mary.
(d) Princess Jane.
10. Who does Celia remind Simkin of?
(a) A young man named Roland.
(b) His childhood pet.
(c) His first love, Henrietta.
(d) His older sister, Mary.
11. Where do Celia's guests decide to visit at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Ightham Mote.
(b) Bodiam Fortress.
(c) Naworth Castle.
(d) Battle Abbey.
12. Where does Ursula decide to take Celia at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) To visit the Dacres.
(b) To see a fortune teller.
(c) To London.
(d) To stay at the Spread Eagle.
13. At Stephen's monastery, what were boys discouraged from doing?
(a) Having friendships.
(c) Writing to family.
(d) Going outdoors.
14. What happens to Celia's arms at the end of Part 1, Chapter 2?
(a) They are frozen in position.
(b) They break out in a rash.
(c) They are broken.
(d) They are tied up.
15. Where does Ursula provide Julian a place to stay the night?
(a) In her private chambers.
(b) At the gamekeeper's cottage.
(c) At the Spread Eagle.
(d) In the stables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Maggie and Celia sure of when they say goodbye to each other?
2. For what reason did Stephen vow to hate Sir Anthony Browne?
3. Though he begins to treat her better since becoming engaged, what can Celia still see in Leonard's eyes?
4. At what age did Stephen begin his religious studies?
5. In her unresponsive state, where does Celia say she is awaiting the King?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)