Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Pop think the fight will happen right away?
2. How does the audience respond after this scene?
3. Who enters on the opposite side of the stage, speaking about how everybody deep in their hearts is afraid of "blackness?"
4. What does Smitty ask is the reason for Jack's behavior?
5. What does this speaker discuss?
Mrs. Jefferson reminisces about Jack's childhood.
Part 1) What are her memories? What do these memories reveal about Jack?
Part 2) How do her memories reiterate development's of the play's theme?
Part 3) What do her memories foreshadow? How does her reminiscing help to develop Jack's character and to flesh out his character?
Jack's last fight is rigged.
Part 1) How does this come about? Why is this fight rigged?
Part 2) What does this rigged fight symbolize?
Part 3) Why does Jack accept this rigged fight? What does this reveal about his character at this point in the story?
Ellie commits suicide.
Part 1) Why does she commit suicide? What foreshadows her suicide?
Part 2) How does her suicide affect Jack? Why does it affect him this way?
Part 3) Is her suicide necessary to this plot and to changes in Jack's character? Why or why not?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)