|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred think about fixed fights?says the new White Hope can beat Jack fair and square, and he also says that he doesn't believe in fixed fights.
2. Does this speaker say that the audience can go ahead and hate her if they want?
3. Does Fred think the White Hope would go for a fixed fight?
4. What does Jack crumple up?
5. Where does Jack say he will warm up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack and Ellie perform scenes from Uncle Tom's Cabin.
Part 1) What is Uncle Tom's Cabin? Why is this significant?
Part 2) What does this performance reveal about Jack? How does it echo events in previous scenes?
Part 3) Is this performance an effective way to indirectly reveal what is happening to Jack's character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Various crowd scenes exist throughout this play.
Part 1) Describe these crowd scenes.
Part 2) What is the purpose of these scenes?
Part 3) Are these crowd scenes effective ways to engage the audience and indirectly express details about the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Jack comes across as simple and straightforward.
Part 1) How do you know this? How does he come to be this way?
Part 2) How does he change throughout the play? Why?
Part 3) How the changes he goes through reflect the pressure he is under?
Part 4) How does the change in Jack affect others? Why?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)