Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Pop think the fight will happen right away?
2. How does the audience respond after this scene?
3. Who enters on the opposite side of the stage, speaking about how everybody deep in their hearts is afraid of "blackness?"
4. What does Smitty ask is the reason for Jack's behavior?
5. What does this speaker discuss?
Blackface was performed in minstrel shows.
Part 1) What is Blackface? How is it hurtful to African Americans?
Part 2) How is it used in this play? Why is it used?
Part 3) What does Blackface reflect about society at this time?
Mrs. Jefferson reminisces about Jack's childhood.
Part 1) What are her memories? What do these memories reveal about Jack?
Part 2) How do her memories reiterate development's of the play's theme?
Part 3) What do her memories foreshadow? How does her reminiscing help to develop Jack's character and to flesh out his character?
Various crowd scenes exist throughout this play.
Part 1) Describe these crowd scenes.
Part 2) What is the purpose of these scenes?
Part 3) Are these crowd scenes effective ways to engage the audience and indirectly express details about the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)