Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Pop think the fight will happen right away?
2. How does the audience respond after this scene?
3. Who enters on the opposite side of the stage, speaking about how everybody deep in their hearts is afraid of "blackness?"
4. What does Smitty ask is the reason for Jack's behavior?
5. What does this speaker discuss?
Essay Topic 1
Ellie is much like Jack.
Part 1) How are they alike? How does this affect their relationship?
Part 2) how are they different? How does this affect both of them, as well as others?
Part 3) How does their relationship and characters change throughout the play? What is the connection between these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Bachman is Ellie's mother.
Part 1) How is she affected by Ellie and Jack's relationship? Why?
Part 2) What is the purpose of her soliloquy?
Part 3) Based on what you know about her, how might she have reacted to Ellie's suicide?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Jefferson dies.
Part 1) How is her death foreshadowed? How are others, especially Jack, affected by her death?
Part 2) What do other characters in her funeral procession represent? How do you know this?
Part 3) How does the scene in which Mrs. Jefferson's funeral procession take place symbolize a larger sadness and frustration?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)