Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Pop think the fight will happen right away?
2. How does the audience respond after this scene?
3. Who enters on the opposite side of the stage, speaking about how everybody deep in their hearts is afraid of "blackness?"
4. What does Smitty ask is the reason for Jack's behavior?
5. What does this speaker discuss?
Essay Topic 1
Jack boxes through Round 10 in his last fight.
Part 1) How does this affect others? Why are they affected this way?
Part 2) Why does Jack do this? What does this reveal about him?
Part 3) What does this mean for the bigger picture and the fight between the black and white communities?
Essay Topic 2
The physical fight between Jack and the White Hope is symbolic.
Part 1) What does it symbolize?
Part 2) How does this fight affect everyday citizens? Why?
Part 3) How does this put large amounts of pressure on the fighters? How do they feel about being symbols?
Essay Topic 3
The play's theme is that integrity and self-respect have to come from within rather than an outside source.
Part 1) How is this theme revealed?
Part 2) How is this theme reflected in the behaviors and attitudes of the various characters?
Part 3) What literary devices are used to support this theme? How?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)