|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred think about fixed fights?says the new White Hope can beat Jack fair and square, and he also says that he doesn't believe in fixed fights.
2. What is Goldie acting as?
3. Pop knows that most people seem indignant about this kind of plotting, but then suggests they reconsider their indignation when?
4. Does this speaker say that the audience can go ahead and hate her if they want?
5. What does this speaker discuss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Jefferson reminisces about Jack's childhood.
Part 1) What are her memories? What do these memories reveal about Jack?
Part 2) How do her memories reiterate development's of the play's theme?
Part 3) What do her memories foreshadow? How does her reminiscing help to develop Jack's character and to flesh out his character?
Essay Topic 2
Jack and Ellie perform scenes from Uncle Tom's Cabin.
Part 1) What is Uncle Tom's Cabin? Why is this significant?
Part 2) What does this performance reveal about Jack? How does it echo events in previous scenes?
Part 3) Is this performance an effective way to indirectly reveal what is happening to Jack's character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Contrast exists throughout several scenes in this play.
Part 1) Describe these contrasts. How do these contrasts enhance the story?
Part 2) What is the purpose for these contrasts?
Part 3) What do these contrasts reveal about real life?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)