|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack ask Ellie why she did not send Ragosy to Goldie?
2. What happens when Ragosy pulls Tick from the stage?
3. How does the audience respond after this scene?
4. Who arrives at an airport in France where he is met by a group of reporters who ask him, in French, how he feels about his impending fight with Jack?
5. What does this speaker discuss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Various crowd scenes exist throughout this play.
Part 1) Describe these crowd scenes.
Part 2) What is the purpose of these scenes?
Part 3) Are these crowd scenes effective ways to engage the audience and indirectly express details about the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Jack tries to pursue his American Dream elsewhere.
Part 1) What is the American Dream?
Part 2) Why does Jack do this? Where does he go? Describe his experiences in other countries.
Part 2) What do Jack's experiences say about the American Dream?
Essay Topic 3
Contrast exists throughout several scenes in this play.
Part 1) Describe these contrasts. How do these contrasts enhance the story?
Part 2) What is the purpose for these contrasts?
Part 3) What do these contrasts reveal about real life?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)