Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is the performer's song?
2. What is Cameron's response to this well-spoken black man?
3. What do the men say a good White Hope could do?
4. Dixon and five white men burst in and, after a scuffle, arrest Jack for what?
5. Why was Ellie in Australia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision is made between Cameron and Dixon?
2. How does this scene open?
3. What is taking place outside the arena in Reno?
4. Why are Jack, Ellie, and Goldie in a diplomatic office in London, England?
5. What does one reporter say about Brady being the White Hope?
6. How does Mrs. Bachman end her monologue?
7. What does Goldie think about Jack dating Ellie?
8. How does Jack respond when Smitty asks him if he is being so stubborn because he wants to keep the champion title a little longer?
9. How does the reader know that Jack is worried about money?
10. What is a complaint by one of the witnesses?
Ellie is much like Jack.
Part 1) How are they alike? How does this affect their relationship?
Part 2) how are they different? How does this affect both of them, as well as others?
Part 3) How does their relationship and characters change throughout the play? What is the connection between these changes?
Ellie commits suicide.
Part 1) Why does she commit suicide? What foreshadows her suicide?
Part 2) How does her suicide affect Jack? Why does it affect him this way?
Part 3) Is her suicide necessary to this plot and to changes in Jack's character? Why or why not?
Jack tries to pursue his American Dream elsewhere.
Part 1) What is the American Dream?
Part 2) Why does Jack do this? Where does he go? Describe his experiences in other countries.
Part 2) What do Jack's experiences say about the American Dream?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)