Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is the performer's song?
2. What is Cameron's response to this well-spoken black man?
3. What do the men say a good White Hope could do?
4. Dixon and five white men burst in and, after a scuffle, arrest Jack for what?
5. Why was Ellie in Australia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision is made between Cameron and Dixon?
2. How does this scene open?
3. What is taking place outside the arena in Reno?
4. Why are Jack, Ellie, and Goldie in a diplomatic office in London, England?
5. What does one reporter say about Brady being the White Hope?
6. How does Mrs. Bachman end her monologue?
7. What does Goldie think about Jack dating Ellie?
8. How does Jack respond when Smitty asks him if he is being so stubborn because he wants to keep the champion title a little longer?
9. How does the reader know that Jack is worried about money?
10. What is a complaint by one of the witnesses?
Jack and Ellie perform scenes from Uncle Tom's Cabin.
Part 1) What is Uncle Tom's Cabin? Why is this significant?
Part 2) What does this performance reveal about Jack? How does it echo events in previous scenes?
Part 3) Is this performance an effective way to indirectly reveal what is happening to Jack's character? Why or why not?
Foreshadowing is used in this play.
Part 1) How is foreshadowing used in this play?
Part 2) Is this literary device necessary to this story? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this foreshadowing affect the audience? Does it prepare them for what is to come? Does it add to the suspense? Explain.
Blackface was performed in minstrel shows.
Part 1) What is Blackface? How is it hurtful to African Americans?
Part 2) How is it used in this play? Why is it used?
Part 3) What does Blackface reflect about society at this time?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)