|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dixon suggest if Jack were to come back to America, take on this fighter, and deliberately lose?
(a) There might be the possibility that his criminal sentence might be reduced and the threat of increased black power and frustration would be reduced.
(b) He would never fight again.
(c) The black population would grow even stronger.
(d) The black population would riot.
2. When does Pop speak to the audience?
(a) In a long soliloquy.
(b) In a short soliloquy.
(c) In a short aside.
(d) In a long aside.
3. How does Jack react when Ellie tells him to stop dancing and singing?
(a) He loses his temper.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He leaves.
4. Where are Jack and Ellie waiting?
(a) At the arena.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) In the gym.
(d) On a train platform.
5. When the German officers re-enter, what do they have with them?
(a) A quiet, young student.
(b) An old man.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A young black German man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Jack want a chance to fight the new White Hope?
2. Why does Cap'n Dan say Pop's suggestion will not work?
3. Does the "suitable memento" recognize Jack?
4. Why does Jack ask Ellie why she did not send Ragosy to Goldie?
5. Does this speaker say that the audience can go ahead and hate her if they want?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)