|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Goldie acting as?
(a) Best Man.
(b) A groomsman.
(c) A pallbearer.
2. What does Ragosy try to convince Jack to do?
(a) Teach him how to box.
(b) Fight one of his boxers.
(c) Sign an autograph for his daughter.
(d) Join his show as a song-and-dance man.
3. How does Ellie respond when Jack asks if there are any new cables or money coming in.
(a) Yes, just cables.
(d) Yes, a few.
4. When does Smitty say Jack will settle down?
(a) Once he and Ellie find a place to call home.
(b) Once Ellie leaves him.
(c) Once he stops boxing.
(d) Once Ellie has a baby.
5. What does Fred think about fixed fights?says the new White Hope can beat Jack fair and square, and he also says that he doesn't believe in fixed fights.
(a) He sees nothing wrong with them.
(b) He is not sure what he thinks about them.
(c) He does not believe in them.
(d) He thinks it is okay in this situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this speaker feel about what he or she is saying?
2. Does Pop think the fight will happen right away?
3. What does Cap'n Dan say can be cut off from Jack?
4. Who enters on the opposite side of the stage, speaking about how everybody deep in their hearts is afraid of "blackness?"
5. Where does this scene takes place?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)