|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cap'n Dan say Pop's suggestion will not work?
(a) A black man cannot retire undefeated.
(b) They will not be able to get the belt back.
(c) Jack will refuse to retire.
(d) Cap'n Dan wants to see him fight one last time.
2. Who arrives at an airport in France where he is met by a group of reporters who ask him, in French, how he feels about his impending fight with Jack?
(a) A Polish boxer.
(b) A French boxer.
(c) An American boxer.
(d) A German boxer.
3. What does Jack say to hist trainer, when he begins chatting about the new White Hope?
(a) He tells him to be quiet.
(b) He asks for more information about the new White Hope.
(c) He tells him to leave him alone.
(d) He says he can beat the new White Hope.
4. Who is coaching Jack?
(a) Cap'n Dan.
5. Why will Tick not take Ellie for a walk?
(a) He is afraid to go outside without Jack.
(b) He does not trust Ellie.
(c) He is not walking around alone with a white woman in that part of the world.
(d) He does not like Ellie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack ask about selling?
2. What does Dixon say about the black population at large?
3. How does the audience respond after this scene?
4. What does Smitty come in and give Jack?
5. What does Ragosy try to convince Jack to do?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)