|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the audience respond after this scene?
(a) It becomes more restless and angry.
(b) It becomes bored.
(c) It becomes sad.
(d) It becomes subdued.
2. What does Jack believe took much out of his mother?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her life.
(c) His father.
(d) His life.
3. What does Dixon say about the black population at large?
(a) It is somewhat powerful.
(b) It is becoming aggressive.
(c) It is dwindling and becoming weakened.
(d) It is close to becoming economically and socially powerful.
4. In what does the Preacher lead the congregation?
(a) A hymn to the new couple.
(b) The Psalmody.
(c) A prayer for those who cannot be there to witness this service.
(d) Passionate prayers for Mrs. Jefferson's eternal peace.
5. How does Jack react when Ellie tells him to stop dancing and singing?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He loses his temper.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ragosy?
2. What does the Promoter remind Jack to do?
3. What does Cap'n Dan say can be cut off from Jack?
4. What does Fred think about fixed fights?says the new White Hope can beat Jack fair and square, and he also says that he doesn't believe in fixed fights.
5. What does Dixon suggest if Jack were to come back to America, take on this fighter, and deliberately lose?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)