|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cap'n Dan think Jack will take the deal?
(a) He will do whatever Cap'n Dan says.
(b) His mother is ill.
(c) He wants the money.
(d) He is bored.
2. How far away does Cap'n Dan realize that is?
(a) A year.
(b) A couple of months.
(c) A decade.
(d) A couple of years.
3. When the German officers re-enter, what do they have with them?
(a) A quiet, young student.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) A young black German man.
(d) An old man.
4. What does Jack ask about selling?
(a) His home.
(b) His championship belt.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His car.
5. What news does Smitty give Jack?
(a) His mother is ill.
(b) His mother is coming for a visit.
(c) His mother no longer wants to see him.
(d) His mother is getting remarried.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellie respond when Jack asks if there are any new cables or money coming in.
2. After Ellie exits, what does Jack do?
3. Does Pop think the fight will happen right away?
4. When does this speaker feel the audience will truly understand what he or she is saying?
5. How does this speaker feel about what he or she is saying?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)