|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what are Cap'n Dan, Smitty, Pop Weaver, and Fred commenting?
(a) Newspaper articles about Jack.
(b) Jack's change in attitude.
(c) Jack's improved skills.
(d) Radio commercials about Jack.
2. What does Ellie do after this final scene?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She runs from the stage.
(c) She kisses Jack.
(d) She bows to the audience.
3. When the German officers re-enter, what do they have with them?
(a) A quiet, young student.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) A young black German man.
4. What does Jack believe took much out of his mother?
(a) His life.
(b) Her job.
(c) Her life.
(d) His father.
5. What does Ragosy try to convince Jack to do?
(a) Sign an autograph for his daughter.
(b) Fight one of his boxers.
(c) Join his show as a song-and-dance man.
(d) Teach him how to box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the men expresses doubts that the fighter is capable?
2. How does this speaker feel about what he or she is saying?
3. What does Jack angrily ask Tick to do?
4. What does Dixon suggest if Jack were to come back to America, take on this fighter, and deliberately lose?
5. How does Jack respond to Smitty?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)