|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Pop think the fight will happen right away?
(c) More than likely.
(d) Probably not.
2. How does the audience respond after this scene?
(a) It becomes sad.
(b) It becomes subdued.
(c) It becomes more restless and angry.
(d) It becomes bored.
3. Who enters on the opposite side of the stage, speaking about how everybody deep in their hearts is afraid of "blackness?"
(b) Mrs. Bachman.
4. What does Smitty ask is the reason for Jack's behavior?
(a) Is it because he wants to keep the championship title a little longer.
(b) Is it because he is unhappy in Europe.
(c) Is it because he no longer wants to be a boxer.
(d) Is it because his mother is ill.
5. What does this speaker discuss?
(a) All the dark, evil, and frightening things the word "black" invokes.
(b) The narrow-mindedness of white people.
(c) All that has happened to black people.
(d) The struggles of black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Jack want a chance to fight the new White Hope?
2. What happens as Clara starts to cry?
3. What does the "suitable memento" comment about making people laugh?
4. What do the German officers point out about the "suitable memento?"
5. Where does Jack say he is going?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)