|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the German officers point out about the "suitable memento?"
(a) How much money is there.
(b) Scars on his face that are tribal markings.
(c) From where this trophy comes.
(d) How beautiful she is.
2. Where does Jack say he will warm up?
(a) In the ring.
(b) In the chair.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In the locker room.
3. Why does Cap'n Dan think Jack will take the deal?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He wants the money.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) He will do whatever Cap'n Dan says.
4. What does Smitty ask is the reason for Jack's behavior?
(a) Is it because he no longer wants to be a boxer.
(b) Is it because he wants to keep the championship title a little longer.
(c) Is it because his mother is ill.
(d) Is it because he is unhappy in Europe.
5. What enters?
(a) The funeral procession for Mrs. Jefferson.
(b) A line of people involved in Jack's court case.
(c) The wedding procession for Jack and Ellie.
(d) The wedding procession for Mrs. Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the German officers re-enter, what do they have with them?
2. What does a woman in the crowd do to Clara?
3. What does Jack ask about selling?
4. Is Ragosy able to calm them down this last time?
5. On what are Cap'n Dan, Smitty, Pop Weaver, and Fred commenting?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)