|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack crumple up?
(a) The telegram.
(b) The e-mail.
(c) His paycheck.
(d) The letter.
2. Why are fight promoter Pop Weaver, Cap'n Dan, and Fred watching film of a fighter?
(a) They all hope Jack can learn how to beat this man.
(b) They all believe Jack could beat him.
(c) They want Brady to get some new moves.
(d) They all believe he could be the next White Hope.
3. What does Jack believe took much out of his mother?
(a) His father.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her job.
(d) His life.
4. How does Ellie respond when Jack asks if there are any new cables or money coming in.
(b) Yes, a few.
(d) Yes, just cables.
5. What does Weaver ask Dixon about the deal?
(a) If it will take place.
(b) If it can be put in writing.
(c) If they can forget about it.
(d) If it can be trusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dixon suggest if Jack were to come back to America, take on this fighter, and deliberately lose?
2. What does Smitty ask is the reason for Jack's behavior?
3. What happens as Clara starts to cry?
4. On what are Cap'n Dan, Smitty, Pop Weaver, and Fred commenting?
5. Does Fred think the White Hope would go for a fixed fight?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)