|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smitty ask is the reason for Jack's behavior?
(a) Is it because he wants to keep the championship title a little longer.
(b) Is it because his mother is ill.
(c) Is it because he no longer wants to be a boxer.
(d) Is it because he is unhappy in Europe.
2. What does the "suitable memento" comment about making people laugh?
(a) It is a nuisance.
(b) It is annoying.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is a good skill to have.
3. What does Jack angrily do to himself?
(a) Strikes himself on the forehead.
(b) Runs his head into a wall.
(c) Punches himself in the stomach.
(d) Pinches himself.
4. What news does Smitty give Jack?
(a) His mother no longer wants to see him.
(b) His mother is coming for a visit.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) His mother is getting remarried.
5. Pop knows that most people seem indignant about this kind of plotting, but then suggests they reconsider their indignation when?
(a) They are out walking alone one night.
(b) They lose their jobs.
(c) It suits them.
(d) They are in need of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what are Cap'n Dan, Smitty, Pop Weaver, and Fred commenting?
2. Where does Jack say he will warm up?
3. What does Fred think about fixed fights?says the new White Hope can beat Jack fair and square, and he also says that he doesn't believe in fixed fights.
4. Why does Smitty ask Ellie whether they are considering settling in France?
5. Does Jack want a chance to fight the new White Hope?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)