|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fred think about fixed fights?says the new White Hope can beat Jack fair and square, and he also says that he doesn't believe in fixed fights.
(a) He sees nothing wrong with them.
(b) He does not believe in them.
(c) He is not sure what he thinks about them.
(d) He thinks it is okay in this situation.
2. When does this speaker feel the audience will truly understand what he or she is saying?
(a) When what they have done happens to them.
(b) When what is happening to him happens to them.
(c) When what is happening to her happens to them.
(d) When what is happening to the black people happens to them.
3. What scene do they play?
(a) The marriage between Tom and Eva.
(b) Eva's death scene.
(c) Tom's death scene.
(d) The meeting of Tom and Eva.
4. What does Ellie do after this final scene?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She bows to the audience.
(c) She runs from the stage.
(d) She kisses Jack.
5. Why will Tick not take Ellie for a walk?
(a) He does not trust Ellie.
(b) He does not like Ellie.
(c) He is not walking around alone with a white woman in that part of the world.
(d) He is afraid to go outside without Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ragosy?
2. What happens as Clara starts to cry?
3. Where does Jack say he is going?
4. How does Jack react when Ellie tells him to stop dancing and singing?
5. Is Ragosy able to calm them down this last time?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)