|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Fred think the White Hope would go for a fixed fight?
(a) Just this one time.
2. When does Smitty say Jack will settle down?
(a) Once Ellie has a baby.
(b) Once he stops boxing.
(c) Once he and Ellie find a place to call home.
(d) Once Ellie leaves him.
3. What happens when Ragosy pulls Tick from the stage?
(a) The crowd becomes angry.
(b) Jack and Ellie are left alone to go on.
(c) Ellie is left alone.
(d) Jack is left alone.
4. Pop knows that most people seem indignant about this kind of plotting, but then suggests they reconsider their indignation when?
(a) It suits them.
(b) They are in need of money.
(c) They are out walking alone one night.
(d) They lose their jobs.
5. What does Jack ask about selling?
(a) His car.
(b) His home.
(c) His championship belt.
(d) His gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack get the officers to leave him alone with his "suitable memento?"
2. Why does Cap'n Dan say Pop's suggestion will not work?
3. What happens as Jack/Tom sings a spiritual about the Spirits Bright?
4. What does Ellie do after this final scene?
5. What does Dixon suggest if Jack were to come back to America, take on this fighter, and deliberately lose?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)