|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack not want Ellie to go to her seat?
(a) He does not want to see her.
(b) He is afraid she will make him lose.
(c) He does not want her to see what is about to happen.
(d) He wants her to go home.
2. Why does Jack tell Ellie to take off her sunglasses?
(a) He cannot see her.
(b) He believes she is hiding something from him.
(c) He believes she is crying.
(d) He does not like her sunglasses.
3. What does Jack believe took much out of his mother?
(a) His father.
(b) His life.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her life.
4. On what are Cap'n Dan, Smitty, Pop Weaver, and Fred commenting?
(a) Newspaper articles about Jack.
(b) Radio commercials about Jack.
(c) Jack's improved skills.
(d) Jack's change in attitude.
5. What does Ellie do after this final scene?
(a) She runs from the stage.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She kisses Jack.
(d) She bows to the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fred say is the only one sure way the White Hope can win?
2. Why does Cap'n Dan think Jack will take the deal?
3. How does Jack get the officers to leave him alone with his "suitable memento?"
4. What happens when Ragosy pulls Tick from the stage?
5. What does Jack say after spitting?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)