|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose power does this man believe black people should accept?
(a) Their own.
(b) The white man's.
(c) Anyone but the white man.
2. What do Cameron's questions about how Ellie and Jack behaved on the boat suggest?
(a) He is trying to get her to say Jack got her drunk, drugged her, or gave her money or gifts.
(b) He is trying to get her to stand up for Jack.
(c) He is trying to get her to say Jack is a upstanding citizen.
(d) He is trying to make her regret meeting Jack.
3. As Dixon and the other men lead Jack and Ellie off, who appears?
(a) A bizarrely dressed black man named Scott.
(b) A bizarrely dressed white man named Scott.
(c) A bizarrely dressed white man named Scipio.
(d) A bizarrely dressed black man named Scipio.
4. How does Jack respond when Smitty asks whether Jack really thinks he can win?
(a) He is sure he will not win.
(b) He does not want to win.
(c) He is not sure if he will win.
(d) He is convinced he will win.
5. Why does Jack call Ellie honey?
(a) Honey just seems to fit.
(b) He thinks it is a cute nickname.
(c) He keeps forgetting her name.
(d) He does not like her real name.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is the performer's song?
2. What is Cameron's response to this well-spoken black man?
3. What does Ellie suddenly ask?
4. What do the men say a good White Hope could do?
5. Who is the second witness, who makes racist remarks as she complains about the parties, noise, and destructive behavior that took place in the apartment that Jack and Ellie rented from her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cameron's response to these complaints?
2. Why does Jack say he does not need to warm up?
3. What is taking place outside the arena in Reno?
4. How does Mrs. Bachman end her monologue?
5. What do Cap'n Dan, Smitty, Pop Weaver, and Fred say about Jack's publicity?
6. Why does the crowd start booing during the fight between Jack and the Polish fighter?
7. What does Smitty say when he enters the scene?
8. How do the men feel about the fighter? What is Dixon's plan?
9. Why do a group of rangers arrive?
10. Why is a group of black people collecting signatures and money?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)