|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Jack, Ellie, Tick, and Goldie at the beginning of the scene?
(a) A courtroom.
(b) A train station.
(c) A police station.
(d) A diplomatic office in London, England.
2. About what does Smitty warn Goldie?
(a) Approaching protesters.
(b) Approaching fans.
(c) Bills that are due.
(d) Approaching police officers.
3. What does Jack do when Clara clings to him?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He tries to get rid of her.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He cringes.
4. What does a reporter call Brady?
(b) The New Hope.
(c) Our Hope.
(d) The White Hope.
5. Who is the first of several witnesses to object to Jack's presence in England?
(a) Inspector Wainwright.
(d) Mrs. Kimball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Jefferson promise Jack?
2. How does a man in the crowd joke about Brady?
3. On whom does Clara angrily talk about wanting to take revenge?
4. What does an extremely well-spoken black man say about Jack's behavior?
5. What does a witness named Bratby explain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men feel about the fighter? What is Dixon's plan?
2. What does one reporter say about Brady being the White Hope?
3. What is Jack's plan?
4. What takes place in this scene?
5. What takes place when the protesters arrive?
6. How does Jack respond to Smitty?
7. Why does Ellie enter with Ragosy?
8. How does the play begin?
9. Who confronts District Attorney Cameron?
10. How do Fred and Cap'n Dan react to Dixon's plan?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)