|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellie agree to come talk to Cameron?
(a) She is tired of dating Jack.
(b) She wanted to head off any attempts to get at Jack through her.
(c) She wants to show Jack that she is strong.
(d) She hopes she can get Jack arrested.
2. What does a group of rangers arrive and announce?
(a) No more seats are available in the arena.
(b) No blacks are allowed in.
(c) The fight has been cancelled.
(d) All weapons are to be confiscated.
3. How does Jack greet Brady?
(a) He does not greet him.
(b) With a glare.
(c) As an enemy.
(d) As a friend.
4. How do Cap'n Dan and Fred respond to Brady's confession?
(a) The taunt him.
(b) They say he will be just fine.
(c) They agree with him.
(d) They laugh at him.
5. How does a man in the crowd joke about Brady?
(a) He is crying all the way home.
(b) He will be eating out of a tube.
(c) He should wear a diaper.
(d) His head being mounted on the wall inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. The white people move aside and reveal what?
2. What does Mrs. Jefferson promise Jack?
3. How does the crowd react as Brady arrives?
4. What does Jack sing softly?
5. How long does Jack have left on bail and the right to appeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play begin?
2. What speeches do both Brady and Jack make before the fight?
3. Why does Ellie ask Jack if he feels all right?
4. What does Jack ask of Ellie at the beginning of the scene? What is her response?
5. How does Jack respond to Smitty?
6. Of what does Mrs. Bachman say people are afraid?
7. Describe Mrs. Jefferson's funeral procession.
8. What is the final decision on Dixon's plan?
9. Describe the confrontation between Cameron and Ellie.
10. How does the audience react to this performance?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)