|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack greet Brady?
(a) With a glare.
(b) He does not greet him.
(c) As a friend.
(d) As an enemy.
2. At her home in Chicago, what is Mrs. Jefferson doing?
(a) Praying for Jack.
(b) Writing a letter to Jack.
(c) Waiting for news from Jack's trial.
(d) Talking to Jack.
3. Does Brady accept the idea?
(a) Not at first.
(b) Yes, at first.
4. How does Sir William respond to Coates' comment?
(a) Anyone living in England is free to change his means of earning a living if he wants.
(b) One cannot be judged by one's color.
(c) Many people cause problems and are not sent away.
(d) There are many poor people in England that are not exiled.
5. What does Ellie sleepily imagine?
(a) Going on vacation on a deserted island with Jack.
(b) Staying out in the sun so long that her skin darkens, coloring her hair, becoming somebody new, moving in with Jack and nobody ever knowing she's actually white.
(c) Visiting her mother in New York and introducing her to Jack.
(d) Staying in bed all day and ignoring all of the reporters and journalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is revealed about Jack and Ellie, regarding how they met?
2. About what does Smitty warn Goldie?
3. A moment later a crowd of marchers enters, doing what?
4. What does an extremely well-spoken black man say about Jack's behavior?
5. When does Goldie say the fight is scheduled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's plan?
2. What does Mrs. Jefferson reminisce about Jack?
3. What takes place at the beginning of this scene?
4. What racist comments does the performer make?
5. How does Jack feel before the fight with the Polish boxer?
6. Who confronts District Attorney Cameron?
7. What does he do with the telegram? Why does he do this?
8. Why is a group of black people collecting signatures and money?
9. Why does Jack call Ellie honey?
10. What speeches do both Brady and Jack make before the fight?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)