|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cap'n Dan refuse to have the fight in any large cities?
(a) "Every nigger and his brother" will be there.
(b) Brady will get lost in the "big city."
(c) Brady needs to be a "big fish in a small pond."
(d) I can't stand "city folk."
2. What does Jack do when Clara clings to him?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He tries to get rid of her.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He cringes.
3. What is the press calling the fight?
(a) The fight of the century.
(b) The one to watch.
(c) The fight to end all fights.
(d) The best fight.
4. Why does Ellie say that she will go along with anything?
(a) If it will make Jack more successful.
(b) If it will make her famous.
(c) She is in the mood for some excitement.
(d) If it will encourage others to forget about race.
5. How does a man in the crowd joke about Brady?
(a) He should wear a diaper.
(b) His head being mounted on the wall inside.
(c) He is crying all the way home.
(d) He will be eating out of a tube.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the people demanding from District Attorney Cameron?
2. How does the play begin?
3. Why does Coates believe there is no reason for Jack to remain in England?
4. Why does Tick tell Ellie to stick around?
5. Tick enters with the news that Jack has been fined and sentenced how much?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the crowd start booing during the fight between Jack and the Polish fighter?
2. What does Smitty say when he enters the scene?
3. What does he do with the telegram? Why does he do this?
4. How is Brady convinced to fight this match?
5. What takes place when a Polish boxer arrives in France?
6. Describe Mrs. Jefferson's funeral procession.
7. Why is a group of black people collecting signatures and money?
8. How does Clara act during the procession? Why does she act this way? How do others react to her behavior?
9. What decision is made between Cameron and Dixon?
10. How does this scene open?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)