|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Mrs. Jefferson?
(a) Clara, Ellie, and Tick.
(b) Clara, a pastor, and a choir.
(c) Ellie, a pastor, and her brother.
(d) Cap'n Dan, Fred, and Goldie.
2. How does the crowd react to Jack's arrival?
(a) They cry.
(b) They cheer.
(c) There are no cheers.
(d) They say nothing.
3. Who says that the black man did not fight "like a man" in a match in Australia?
(d) Cap'n Dan.
4. On whom does Clara angrily talk about wanting to take revenge?
(d) Mrs. Jefferson.
5. What does Coates do regarding Sir William's attempts to keep order?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He listens to them.
(c) He complains about them.
(d) He is worried by them.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Brady face intense pressure?
2. About what does Mrs. Jefferson worry?
3. What does Cameron promise?
4. Late at night in a hotel room in Wisconsin, what does Jack try to get Ellie to do?
5. What does Coates prompt Bratby to reveal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack ask of Ellie at the beginning of the scene? What is her response?
2. What does Goldie tell Jack?
3. What does one reporter say about Brady being the White Hope?
4. Describe the interaction between Jack and the Young Black German Man.
5. What does Goldie think about Jack dating Ellie?
6. What does Mrs. Jefferson reminisce about Jack?
7. How do the men feel about the fighter? What is Dixon's plan?
8. Why does the crowd start booing during the fight between Jack and the Polish fighter?
9. How does Clara act during the procession? Why does she act this way? How do others react to her behavior?
10. How does the scene open?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)