|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the white people in the audience respond?
(a) They remain silent.
(b) They scream.
(c) They cheer.
(d) They boo.
2. What does Cameron promise?
(a) Not to let the matter rest.
(b) To forget the man ever came.
(c) To not call the cops.
(d) Not to allow this man to speak to him again.
3. What do the marchers and black people begin to do?
(a) The marchers begin to become angry and the black people begin to laugh and taunt them.
(b) The marchers become silent and the black people become nervous.
(c) The marchers begin to preach and the black people begin to become angry.
(d) The marchers begin to laugh and the black people begin to become angry.
4. What does Coates prompt Bratby to reveal?
(a) The match promised Jack is still on.
(b) The match promised Jack has been canceled.
(c) The match promised Jack never existed.
(d) The match promised Jack has been delayed.
5. What does a Deacon tell Jack?
(a) He should not fight.
(b) They are all going to be praying for him and that he is fighting for all of them.
(c) He must fight for himself and God.
(d) Fighting is a sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this man urge black people to do?
2. Does Brady accept the idea?
3. A moment later a crowd of marchers enters, doing what?
4. Tick enters with the news that Jack has been fined and sentenced how much?
5. Who knocks on the door and enters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a complaint by one of the witnesses?
2. How does Jack respond when Smitty asks him if he is being so stubborn because he wants to keep the champion title a little longer?
3. How do the men feel about the fighter? What is Dixon's plan?
4. Why does the crowd start booing during the fight between Jack and the Polish fighter?
5. How does Clara act during the procession? Why does she act this way? How do others react to her behavior?
6. Why is a group of black people collecting signatures and money?
7. How does this scene begin?
8. Why does Ellie enter with Ragosy?
9. Why does Ellie ask Jack if he feels all right?
10. What is taking place outside the arena in Reno?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)