|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Goldie say the fight is scheduled?
(a) Fourth of July.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Labor Day.
2. On whom does Clara angrily talk about wanting to take revenge?
(a) Mrs. Jefferson.
3. What does a group of rangers arrive and announce?
(a) No more seats are available in the arena.
(b) All weapons are to be confiscated.
(c) The fight has been cancelled.
(d) No blacks are allowed in.
4. What does Jack sing softly?
(a) A verse of a hymn.
(b) A verse of Ellie's favorite song.
(c) A verse of a rap.
(d) A verse of a blues song.
5. What does Ellie suddenly ask?
(a) Why people cannot leave them alone.
(b) Where Jack is.
(c) What she is doing here.
(d) Why Jack likes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city do they agree to have the fight?
2. About what does Jack realize she is talking?
3. Why was Ellie in Australia?
4. What is Cameron's response to this well-spoken black man?
5. How does Smitty respond when Goldie tells him to fetch some police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one reporter say about Brady being the White Hope?
2. Why does Ellie ask Jack if he feels all right?
3. How does Jack feel before the fight with the Polish boxer?
4. What is a complaint by one of the witnesses?
5. What takes place when Jack begins to speak?
6. What does Ellie do, as Jack softly sings a verse of a blues song?
7. What racist comments does the performer make?
8. How do Fred and Cap'n Dan react to Dixon's plan?
9. How does this scene open?
10. Why does Jack say he does not need to warm up?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)