|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a group of rangers arrive and announce?
(a) No blacks are allowed in.
(b) The fight has been cancelled.
(c) No more seats are available in the arena.
(d) All weapons are to be confiscated.
2. On whom does Clara angrily talk about wanting to take revenge?
(d) Mrs. Jefferson.
3. What does Jack sing softly?
(a) A verse of Ellie's favorite song.
(b) A verse of a hymn.
(c) A verse of a rap.
(d) A verse of a blues song.
4. What does Ellie sleepily imagine?
(a) Staying in bed all day and ignoring all of the reporters and journalists.
(b) Going on vacation on a deserted island with Jack.
(c) Staying out in the sun so long that her skin darkens, coloring her hair, becoming somebody new, moving in with Jack and nobody ever knowing she's actually white.
(d) Visiting her mother in New York and introducing her to Jack.
5. Who is the first of several witnesses to object to Jack's presence in England?
(a) Mrs. Kimball.
(d) Inspector Wainwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the crowd react to Jack's arrival?
2. Why was Ellie in Australia?
3. Why does the Pastor believe Mrs. Jefferson is lucky?
4. Who knocks on the door and enters?
5. The white people move aside and reveal what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men feel about the fighter? What is Dixon's plan?
2. About what are Goldie and Tick concerned?
3. How does Treacher respond to these complaints?
4. How does the play begin?
5. Who waits with Mrs. Jefferson as she is waiting for news from Jack's trial?
6. What suggestion does Cap'n Dan give to convince Jack to take part in the fixed fight? How do the other men respond to this?
7. How does Goldie respond when he sees Ellie?
8. What speeches do both Brady and Jack make before the fight?
9. What does Jack say, when he is finally allowed to speak?
10. How does Clara act during the procession? Why does she act this way? How do others react to her behavior?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)