|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goldie plead with Jack to not do?
(a) Make Ellie talk to the press.
(b) End his relationship with Ellie.
(c) Lie to the press.
(d) Throw his relationship with Ellie in their faces.
2. What does Ellie sleepily imagine?
(a) Staying out in the sun so long that her skin darkens, coloring her hair, becoming somebody new, moving in with Jack and nobody ever knowing she's actually white.
(b) Going on vacation on a deserted island with Jack.
(c) Visiting her mother in New York and introducing her to Jack.
(d) Staying in bed all day and ignoring all of the reporters and journalists.
3. Late at night in a hotel room in Wisconsin, what does Jack try to get Ellie to do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Go for a late night swim with him.
(d) Go get him food.
4. Why does Cap'n Dan tell Brady the whole country is going to feel let down?
(a) If Brady ends his boxing career.
(b) If Brady continues to refuse to fight.
(c) If Brady continues to say he is afraid of this man.
(d) If Brady fights this man.
5. About what is the performer's song?
(a) He wishes he were a "coon."
(b) Whether Jack is a "coon."
(c) What it takes to be a "coon."
(d) A "coon" wishing he was white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the press calling the fight?
2. Tick enters with the news that Jack has been fined and sentenced how much?
3. When does Goldie say the fight is scheduled?
4. What does Brady confess?
5. Why does Coates believe there is no reason for Jack to remain in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack feel before the fight with the Polish boxer?
2. What decision is made between Cameron and Dixon?
3. How does the play begin?
4. What is Cameron's response to these complaints?
5. Describe the confrontation between Cameron and Ellie.
6. Why is a group of black people collecting signatures and money?
7. What does Mrs. Jefferson reminisce about Jack?
8. Why are Jack, Ellie, and Goldie in a diplomatic office in London, England?
9. What is Jack's plan?
10. What is Jack's sentence? How do Mrs. Jefferson and Clara react?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)