|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack sing softly?
(a) A verse of a blues song.
(b) A verse of a rap.
(c) A verse of a hymn.
(d) A verse of Ellie's favorite song.
2. What does a Deacon tell Jack?
(a) He should not fight.
(b) They are all going to be praying for him and that he is fighting for all of them.
(c) Fighting is a sin.
(d) He must fight for himself and God.
3. Why does Jack call Ellie honey?
(a) He does not like her real name.
(b) Honey just seems to fit.
(c) He thinks it is a cute nickname.
(d) He keeps forgetting her name.
4. At her home in Chicago, what is Mrs. Jefferson doing?
(a) Waiting for news from Jack's trial.
(b) Talking to Jack.
(c) Praying for Jack.
(d) Writing a letter to Jack.
5. Where are Jack, Ellie, Tick, and Goldie at the beginning of the scene?
(a) A diplomatic office in London, England.
(b) A police station.
(c) A courtroom.
(d) A train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. She recalls how hard it was to teach him the right way to behave, how he was always determined to do things his own way, and how she tried to punish him physically. What does she say she should have done to keep Jack out of a situation such as this?
2. What are the people demanding from District Attorney Cameron?
3. How do the white people in the audience respond?
4. Why does Cap'n Dan tell Brady the whole country is going to feel let down?
5. What does a group of rangers arrive and announce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final decision on Dixon's plan?
2. What takes place when Jack begins to speak?
3. What does Mrs. Jefferson reminisce about Jack?
4. What does Smitty say when he enters the scene?
5. How does the reader know that Jack is worried about money?
6. Describe the interaction between Jack and the Young Black German Man.
7. How do Fred and Cap'n Dan react to Dixon's plan?
8. What does one reporter say about Brady being the White Hope?
9. How does Goldie respond when he sees Ellie?
10. How does the audience react to this performance?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)