|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the marchers leave?
(a) They are afraid of Jack.
(b) The police forcefully remove them.
(c) They see they are not getting the reaction they had planned..
(d) They become bored.
2. Why does Coates believe there is no reason for Jack to remain in England?
(a) Jack is black.
(b) Jack's stated intention in coming to England was to have a career as a boxer, and that is not likely to happen.
(c) Jack is causing too many problems.
(d) Jack is not making any money.
3. The white people move aside and reveal what?
(a) Jack's trainers.
(b) A small group of black people.
(c) Jack's family.
4. What does a witness named Bratby explain?
(a) How Jack stole from him.
(b) Charges and fines levied against Jack.
(c) complains about the parties, noise, and destructive behavior that took place in the apartment that Jack and Ellie rented.
(d) What happened when he refused to arrange a match for Jack.
5. About what does Jack realize she is talking?
(a) His last fight, which ended badly.
(b) How he looks when he is sunburned.
(c) The face he makes when he is concentrating.
(d) How he looks when he is sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the crowd react as Brady arrives?
2. What does Cameron say about the charges that could be brought against Jack?
3. What does Jack sing softly?
4. What does Ellie sleepily imagine?
5. What does Coates do regarding Sir William's attempts to keep order?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who waits with Mrs. Jefferson as she is waiting for news from Jack's trial?
2. What does he do with the telegram? Why does he do this?
3. What does Jack say, when he is finally allowed to speak?
4. How does the play begin?
5. What racist comments does the performer make?
6. Why does Ellie ask Jack if he feels all right?
7. How does the fight end?
8. Describe the confrontation between Cameron and Ellie.
9. What is Jack's plan?
10. What is Jack's sentence? How do Mrs. Jefferson and Clara react?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)