|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the marchers and black people begin to do?
(a) The marchers become silent and the black people become nervous.
(b) The marchers begin to become angry and the black people begin to laugh and taunt them.
(c) The marchers begin to laugh and the black people begin to become angry.
(d) The marchers begin to preach and the black people begin to become angry.
2. How much prison time does Cameron tell Jack he could face?
(a) Ten to fifteen years.
(b) Five to ten years.
(c) Six months to one year.
(d) One to three years.
3. How does Jack handle the intensity of this protest?
(a) With silence.
(b) With humor.
(c) With anger.
(d) With frustration.
4. What does Cameron promise?
(a) To not call the cops.
(b) Not to let the matter rest.
(c) Not to allow this man to speak to him again.
(d) To forget the man ever came.
5. About what is the performer's song?
(a) Whether Jack is a "coon."
(b) He wishes he were a "coon."
(c) What it takes to be a "coon."
(d) A "coon" wishing he was white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this man say about those black people who want success on white men's terms?
2. How does the boxer fight that makes him seem like he does not fight "like a man?"
3. What does Coates do regarding Sir William's attempts to keep order?
4. How does the crowd react as Brady arrives?
5. Does Brady accept the idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one reporter say about Brady being the White Hope?
2. How does Jack feel before the fight with the Polish boxer?
3. Why are Pop Weaver, Cap'n Dan and Fred watching a film of a fighter?
4. Why does Ellie enter with Ragosy?
5. What does Jack say, when he is finally allowed to speak?
6. What does Goldie tell Jack?
7. Why is a group of black people collecting signatures and money?
8. How do Fred and Cap'n Dan react to Dixon's plan?
9. Who confronts District Attorney Cameron?
10. What is taking place outside the arena in Reno?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)