|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cameron's response to this well-spoken black man?
(a) He is wrong.
(b) He is crazy.
(c) He has a good point.
(d) He is just like Jack.
2. When does Goldie say the fight is scheduled?
(a) Labor Day.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Fourth of July.
(d) Easter Sunday.
3. The white people move aside and reveal what?
(a) A small group of black people.
(b) Jack's trainers.
(d) Jack's family.
4. In what city do they agree to have the fight?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(c) Reno, Nevada.
(d) Salt Lake City, Utah.
5. What does Ellie sleepily imagine?
(a) Staying out in the sun so long that her skin darkens, coloring her hair, becoming somebody new, moving in with Jack and nobody ever knowing she's actually white.
(b) Visiting her mother in New York and introducing her to Jack.
(c) Going on vacation on a deserted island with Jack.
(d) Staying in bed all day and ignoring all of the reporters and journalists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack tell the crowd?
2. What does a reporter call Brady?
3. When Jack is finally allowed to speak, for what does he apologize?
4. How do Cap'n Dan and Fred respond to Brady's confession?
5. At her home in Chicago, what is Mrs. Jefferson doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Goldie respond when he sees Ellie?
2. What is Jack's plan?
3. What does Mrs. Jefferson reminisce about Jack?
4. How does Clara act during the procession? Why does she act this way? How do others react to her behavior?
5. Why does Ellie enter with Ragosy?
6. Of what does Mrs. Bachman say people are afraid?
7. How does Jack respond to Smitty?
8. Why is a group of black people collecting signatures and money?
9. What does Ellie do, as Jack softly sings a verse of a blues song?
10. How does this scene open?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)