|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much prison time does Cameron tell Jack he could face?
(a) One to three years.
(b) Six months to one year.
(c) Five to ten years.
(d) Ten to fifteen years.
2. What does a Deacon tell Jack?
(a) Fighting is a sin.
(b) He must fight for himself and God.
(c) They are all going to be praying for him and that he is fighting for all of them.
(d) He should not fight.
3. What does Ellie suddenly ask?
(a) Why Jack likes her.
(b) What she is doing here.
(c) Why people cannot leave them alone.
(d) Where Jack is.
4. How do Cap'n Dan and Fred respond to Brady's confession?
(a) The taunt him.
(b) They agree with him.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They say he will be just fine.
5. Why does Goldie ask Ellie to excuse them?
(a) The reporters are about to arrive.
(b) He wants to talk to Jack in private.
(c) Jack needs to focus.
(d) He does not care for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellie sleepily imagine?
2. Why does the Pastor believe Mrs. Jefferson is lucky?
3. When does Goldie say the fight is scheduled?
4. What does Brady confess?
5. Who have been listening to the confrontation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Treacher respond to these complaints?
2. How is Brady convinced to fight this match?
3. Describe Mrs. Jefferson's funeral procession.
4. What takes place in this scene?
5. What does Mrs. Jefferson reminisce about Jack?
6. About what are Goldie and Tick concerned?
7. Why do a group of rangers arrive?
8. Who confronts District Attorney Cameron?
9. How does Clara act during the procession? Why does she act this way? How do others react to her behavior?
10. What does Smitty say when he enters the scene?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)