|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Cameron suggests that Ellie should be ashamed of what she is doing?
(b) A little.
2. Why does Coates believe there is no reason for Jack to remain in England?
(a) Jack is causing too many problems.
(b) Jack's stated intention in coming to England was to have a career as a boxer, and that is not likely to happen.
(c) Jack is black.
(d) Jack is not making any money.
3. A moment later a crowd of marchers enters, doing what?
(a) Carrying placards that denounce black people.
(b) Carrying placards that denounce Jack.
(c) Carrying placards that denounce Brady.
(d) Carrying placards that denounce the cafe.
4. Does Sir William believe Jack's crimes in America are any of England's concern?
(c) A little.
5. As Dixon and the other men lead Jack and Ellie off, who appears?
(a) A bizarrely dressed black man named Scipio.
(b) A bizarrely dressed black man named Scott.
(c) A bizarrely dressed white man named Scott.
(d) A bizarrely dressed white man named Scipio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coates prompt Bratby to reveal?
2. As Tick shouts directions and questions, Jack shouts back comments and answers. Why does Jack stop?
3. What does Coates do regarding Sir William's attempts to keep order?
4. Whose power does this man believe black people should accept?
5. What do the marchers and black people begin to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what does Mrs. Bachman say people are afraid?
2. What does one reporter say about Brady being the White Hope?
3. What is Jack's sentence? How do Mrs. Jefferson and Clara react?
4. What takes place when the protesters arrive?
5. What decision is made between Cameron and Dixon?
6. What is a complaint by one of the witnesses?
7. What does Jack say, when he is finally allowed to speak?
8. How does Jack respond when Smitty asks him if he is being so stubborn because he wants to keep the champion title a little longer?
9. How does the scene open?
10. Why do a group of rangers arrive?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)