|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tick enters with the news that Jack has been fined and sentenced how much?
(a) $1,000 and six months in prison.
(b) $10,000 and two years in prison.
(c) $5,000 and one year in prison.
(d) $20,000 and three years in prison.
2. On whom does Clara angrily talk about wanting to take revenge?
(c) Mrs. Jefferson.
3. How does Sir William respond to Coates' comment?
(a) One cannot be judged by one's color.
(b) Anyone living in England is free to change his means of earning a living if he wants.
(c) There are many poor people in England that are not exiled.
(d) Many people cause problems and are not sent away.
4. What does Goldie plead with Jack to not do?
(a) Throw his relationship with Ellie in their faces.
(b) End his relationship with Ellie.
(c) Make Ellie talk to the press.
(d) Lie to the press.
5. How does the crowd react as Jack enters?
(a) They boo.
(b) They cry.
(c) They cheer.
(d) They are silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a barker shouting into a megaphone?
2. What do the marchers and black people begin to do?
3. Dixon and five white men burst in and, after a scuffle, arrest Jack for what?
4. Late at night in a hotel room in Wisconsin, what does Jack try to get Ellie to do?
5. Who does Clara see out the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who confronts District Attorney Cameron?
2. What does Goldie tell Jack?
3. How does Jack respond when Smitty asks him if he is being so stubborn because he wants to keep the champion title a little longer?
4. How does the reader know that Jack is worried about money?
5. Why does the crowd start booing during the fight between Jack and the Polish fighter?
6. Why are Pop Weaver, Cap'n Dan and Fred watching a film of a fighter?
7. What does Mrs. Jefferson reminisce about Jack?
8. What suggestion does Cap'n Dan give to convince Jack to take part in the fixed fight? How do the other men respond to this?
9. How does the fight end?
10. How does Mrs. Bachman end her monologue?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)