|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A moment later a crowd of marchers enters, doing what?
(a) Carrying placards that denounce Jack.
(b) Carrying placards that denounce black people.
(c) Carrying placards that denounce Brady.
(d) Carrying placards that denounce the cafe.
2. Knowing Jack is involved with a white girl is going to do what?
(a) Generate hate that will drive people crazy.
(b) Encourage others to do the same.
(c) Irritate many people.
(d) Cause some surprise.
3. What does this man say about those black people who want success on white men's terms?
(a) They are smart to do that.
(b) Everyone should succeed on white men's terms.
(c) It is another form of slavery.
(d) White men's terms are the best.
4. What does Jack say he has not figured out?
(a) When the match will be.
(b) How to be a optimistic loser.
(c) His opponent's strengths and weaknesses.
(d) How to win in a way that will not get everybody angry at him.
5. About what does the performer joke?
(a) How he wishes he were really black.
(b) How he wants to wash his face.
(c) How he hopes he is not the only black person around.
(d) How he hopes others will support Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Jack have left on bail and the right to appeal?
2. What does Cameron promise?
3. Dixon and five white men burst in and, after a scuffle, arrest Jack for what?
4. Does Cameron suggests that Ellie should be ashamed of what she is doing?
5. Who does Clara see out the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this scene begin?
2. How does Jack feel before the fight with the Polish boxer?
3. How does the play begin?
4. How does the reader know that Jack is worried about money?
5. How does the audience react to this performance?
6. What is decided about the fight?
7. What does Goldie think about Jack dating Ellie?
8. Why does the crowd start booing during the fight between Jack and the Polish fighter?
9. How does the scene open?
10. What racist comments does the performer make?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)