|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a woman in the crowd do to Clara?
(a) She yells at her.
(b) She hugs her.
(c) She slaps her.
(d) She glares at her.
2. What does Weaver ask Dixon about the deal?
(a) If it will take place.
(b) If they can forget about it.
(c) If it can be trusted.
(d) If it can be put in writing.
3. Does this speaker say that the audience can go ahead and hate her if they want?
(b) She hints at this.
4. Does Fred think the White Hope would go for a fixed fight?
(d) Just this one time.
5. How far away does Cap'n Dan realize that is?
(a) A couple of months.
(b) A year.
(c) A couple of years.
(d) A decade.
6. How does Jack respond when Ellie asks Jack what they are going to do?
(a) He speaks sharply with her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He laughs at her fears.
(d) He kisses her and says not to worry.
7. In what does the Preacher lead the congregation?
(a) The Psalmody.
(b) A hymn to the new couple.
(c) Passionate prayers for Mrs. Jefferson's eternal peace.
(d) A prayer for those who cannot be there to witness this service.
8. When does Pop speak to the audience?
(a) In a short soliloquy.
(b) In a long soliloquy.
(c) In a long aside.
(d) In a short aside.
9. Where does this scene take place?
(a) On the stage of Ragosy's cabaret.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) Outside the arena.
10. Why does Cap'n Dan say Pop's suggestion will not work?
(a) A black man cannot retire undefeated.
(b) They will not be able to get the belt back.
(c) Cap'n Dan wants to see him fight one last time.
(d) Jack will refuse to retire.
11. What does Jack crumple up?
(a) His paycheck.
(b) The telegram.
(c) The letter.
(d) The e-mail.
12. Where does Jack say he will warm up?
(a) In the locker room.
(b) In the chair.
(c) In the ring.
(d) In the hallway.
13. On what are Cap'n Dan, Smitty, Pop Weaver, and Fred commenting?
(a) Newspaper articles about Jack.
(b) Jack's improved skills.
(c) Jack's change in attitude.
(d) Radio commercials about Jack.
14. What scene do they play?
(a) The meeting of Tom and Eva.
(b) The marriage between Tom and Eva.
(c) Eva's death scene.
(d) Tom's death scene.
15. How does Ellie respond when Jack asks if there are any new cables or money coming in.
(a) Yes, just cables.
(d) Yes, a few.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Goldie acting as?
2. Who is Ragosy?
3. How does the audience respond after this scene?
4. How does Jack react when Ellie tells him to stop dancing and singing?
5. What does Fred say is the only one sure way the White Hope can win?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)