|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellie respond when Jack asks if there are any new cables or money coming in.
(c) Yes, a few.
(d) Yes, just cables.
2. What does Clara begin shouting?
(a) Jack is to blame for Mrs. Jefferson's death.
(b) Ellie is to blame for Mrs. Jefferson's death.
(c) She wants to marry Jack.
(d) Jack should not be imprisoned.
3. Who is coaching Jack?
(a) Cap'n Dan.
4. What does Jack say to hist trainer, when he begins chatting about the new White Hope?
(a) He tells him to leave him alone.
(b) He asks for more information about the new White Hope.
(c) He says he can beat the new White Hope.
(d) He tells him to be quiet.
5. Is Ragosy able to calm them down this last time?
(d) Yes, for a little while.
6. Why does Cap'n Dan think Jack will take the deal?
(a) He is bored.
(b) His mother is ill.
(c) He wants the money.
(d) He will do whatever Cap'n Dan says.
7. How does Jack get the officers to leave him alone with his "suitable memento?"
(a) He calls for the police.
(b) He threatens them.
(c) He pays them.
(d) He makes a joke.
8. What does Smitty come in and give Jack?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A letter.
(d) An e-mail.
9. What happens when Ragosy pulls Tick from the stage?
(a) Ellie is left alone.
(b) Jack and Ellie are left alone to go on.
(c) The crowd becomes angry.
(d) Jack is left alone.
10. How does the audience respond after this scene?
(a) It becomes bored.
(b) It becomes sad.
(c) It becomes subdued.
(d) It becomes more restless and angry.
11. What does Smitty do when Ellie tells him to leave?
(a) He taunts her.
(b) He glares at her.
(c) He pushes to find out whether it is true.
(d) He leaves.
12. Does Fred think the White Hope would go for a fixed fight?
(d) Just this one time.
13. Why will Tick not take Ellie for a walk?
(a) He is not walking around alone with a white woman in that part of the world.
(b) He does not like Ellie.
(c) He is afraid to go outside without Jack.
(d) He does not trust Ellie.
14. What enters?
(a) The wedding procession for Mrs. Jefferson.
(b) A line of people involved in Jack's court case.
(c) The funeral procession for Mrs. Jefferson.
(d) The wedding procession for Jack and Ellie.
15. Who enters on the opposite side of the stage, speaking about how everybody deep in their hearts is afraid of "blackness?"
(c) Mrs. Bachman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ragosy?
2. Where does Jack say he is going?
3. Why does Smitty ask Ellie whether they are considering settling in France?
4. What does the Promoter remind Jack to do?
5. What does Pop suggest they try to convince Jack to do?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)