|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pop knows that most people seem indignant about this kind of plotting, but then suggests they reconsider their indignation when?
(a) They are in need of money.
(b) They are out walking alone one night.
(c) They lose their jobs.
(d) It suits them.
2. What does Pop suggest they try to convince Jack to do?
(a) Stay in Mexico.
(b) Stay in France.
3. What happens when Ragosy pulls Tick from the stage?
(a) The crowd becomes angry.
(b) Jack is left alone.
(c) Jack and Ellie are left alone to go on.
(d) Ellie is left alone.
4. What does Goldie say about the crowd at the fight?
(a) It is almost a full house.
(b) There is hardly anyone there.
(c) It is a full house.
(d) It is half full.
5. Why does Jack tell Ellie to take off her sunglasses?
(a) He believes she is hiding something from him.
(b) He believes she is crying.
(c) He cannot see her.
(d) He does not like her sunglasses.
6. When does this speaker feel the audience will truly understand what he or she is saying?
(a) When what is happening to her happens to them.
(b) When what they have done happens to them.
(c) When what is happening to him happens to them.
(d) When what is happening to the black people happens to them.
7. Where are Jack and Ellie waiting?
(a) At the hotel.
(b) At the arena.
(c) On a train platform.
(d) In the gym.
8. What does Jack believe took much out of his mother?
(a) His life.
(b) Her job.
(c) His father.
(d) Her life.
9. What does Weaver ask Dixon about the deal?
(a) If they can forget about it.
(b) If it will take place.
(c) If it can be put in writing.
(d) If it can be trusted.
10. Who is coaching Jack?
(c) Cap'n Dan.
11. What does Jack ask about selling?
(a) His championship belt.
(b) His home.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His car.
12. Who arrives at an airport in France where he is met by a group of reporters who ask him, in French, how he feels about his impending fight with Jack?
(a) An American boxer.
(b) A German boxer.
(c) A Polish boxer.
(d) A French boxer.
13. Why does Jack not want Ellie to go to her seat?
(a) He does not want her to see what is about to happen.
(b) He wants her to go home.
(c) He is afraid she will make him lose.
(d) He does not want to see her.
14. After Ellie exits, what does Jack do?
(a) He calls her name.
(b) He goes after her.
(c) He toasts Ragosy and they drink to happy days.
(d) He goes to his room.
15. On what are Cap'n Dan, Smitty, Pop Weaver, and Fred commenting?
(a) Radio commercials about Jack.
(b) Jack's change in attitude.
(c) Jack's improved skills.
(d) Newspaper articles about Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack crumple up?
2. Does this speaker say that the audience can go ahead and hate her if they want?
3. What does Jack angrily do to himself?
4. Does Pop think the fight will happen right away?
5. How does Jack respond to Smitty?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)