Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Pop think the fight will happen right away?
(c) More than likely.
(d) Probably not.
2. How does the audience respond after this scene?
(a) It becomes sad.
(b) It becomes subdued.
(c) It becomes more restless and angry.
(d) It becomes bored.
3. Who enters on the opposite side of the stage, speaking about how everybody deep in their hearts is afraid of "blackness?"
(b) Mrs. Bachman.
4. What does Smitty ask is the reason for Jack's behavior?
(a) Is it because he wants to keep the championship title a little longer.
(b) Is it because he is unhappy in Europe.
(c) Is it because he no longer wants to be a boxer.
(d) Is it because his mother is ill.
5. What does this speaker discuss?
(a) All the dark, evil, and frightening things the word "black" invokes.
(b) The narrow-mindedness of white people.
(c) All that has happened to black people.
(d) The struggles of black people.
6. Does Jack want a chance to fight the new White Hope?
(b) Yes, but only at first.
7. What happens as Clara starts to cry?
(a) Goldie hands her a handkerchief.
(b) She runs out of the service.
(c) Photographers try to take her picture.
(d) Mrs. Jefferson comforts her.
8. What does the "suitable memento" comment about making people laugh?
(a) It is a nuisance.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is annoying.
(d) It is a good skill to have.
9. What do the German officers point out about the "suitable memento?"
(a) Scars on his face that are tribal markings.
(b) From where this trophy comes.
(c) How beautiful she is.
(d) How much money is there.
10. Where does Jack say he is going?
(a) To Mexico.
(b) To France.
(c) To Spain.
(d) To England.
11. What does Smitty do when Ellie tells him to leave?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He glares at her.
(c) He pushes to find out whether it is true.
(d) He taunts her.
12. Where are Jack and Ellie waiting?
(a) At the arena.
(b) On a train platform.
(c) At the hotel.
(d) In the gym.
13. What happens as Jack/Tom sings a spiritual about the Spirits Bright?
(a) The audience begins to moan and boo.
(b) The audience is shocked into silence.
(c) The audience laughs.
(d) The audience cheers.
14. Is Ragosy able to calm them down this last time?
(d) Yes, for a little while.
15. How does Jack get the officers to leave him alone with his "suitable memento?"
(a) He calls for the police.
(b) He makes a joke.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) He pays them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack respond to Smitty?
2. How does Jack react when Ellie tells him to stop dancing and singing?
3. Why does Jack tell Ellie to take off her sunglasses?
4. Does the "suitable memento" recognize Jack?
5. When does Pop speak to the audience?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)