|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cap'n Dan say can be cut off from Jack?
(a) Any source of money.
(b) Any connection.
(c) His cable.
2. What does a woman in the crowd do to Clara?
(a) She glares at her.
(b) She hugs her.
(c) She yells at her.
(d) She slaps her.
3. How does Jack react when Ellie tells him to stop dancing and singing?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He loses his temper.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He is silent.
4. When does Smitty say Jack will settle down?
(a) Once Ellie leaves him.
(b) Once he and Ellie find a place to call home.
(c) Once Ellie has a baby.
(d) Once he stops boxing.
5. What does Fred think about fixed fights?says the new White Hope can beat Jack fair and square, and he also says that he doesn't believe in fixed fights.
(a) He does not believe in them.
(b) He sees nothing wrong with them.
(c) He is not sure what he thinks about them.
(d) He thinks it is okay in this situation.
6. What does Ellie do after this final scene?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She kisses Jack.
(c) She bows to the audience.
(d) She runs from the stage.
7. What does Dixon say about the black population at large?
(a) It is becoming aggressive.
(b) It is dwindling and becoming weakened.
(c) It is somewhat powerful.
(d) It is close to becoming economically and socially powerful.
8. Does Fred think the White Hope would go for a fixed fight?
(a) Just this one time.
9. What is Goldie acting as?
(b) Best Man.
(c) A groomsman.
(d) A pallbearer.
10. What does Jack crumple up?
(a) His paycheck.
(b) The e-mail.
(c) The letter.
(d) The telegram.
11. Why does Jack not want Ellie to go to her seat?
(a) He does not want her to see what is about to happen.
(b) He does not want to see her.
(c) He is afraid she will make him lose.
(d) He wants her to go home.
12. Where are Jack and Ellie waiting?
(a) At the hotel.
(b) At the arena.
(c) On a train platform.
(d) In the gym.
13. What scene do they play?
(a) The marriage between Tom and Eva.
(b) Eva's death scene.
(c) The meeting of Tom and Eva.
(d) Tom's death scene.
14. Cap'n Dan says he doesn't like it. What does he argue?
(a) The current situation is no different than any other. Belief systems should never be bent.
(b) No one should have a belief system.
(c) The current situation calls for bending belief systems a little.
(d) s.The current situation might call for the bending of belief system.
15. When does Pop speak to the audience?
(a) In a short aside.
(b) In a long aside.
(c) In a long soliloquy.
(d) In a short soliloquy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away does Cap'n Dan realize that is?
2. Why does Jack ask Ellie why she did not send Ragosy to Goldie?
3. Does the "suitable memento" recognize Jack?
4. Who is coaching Jack?
5. What does Smitty come in and give Jack?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)