|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack tell Ellie to take off her sunglasses?
(a) He believes she is hiding something from him.
(b) He believes she is crying.
(c) He cannot see her.
(d) He does not like her sunglasses.
2. Does the "suitable memento" recognize Jack?
(c) At first.
3. How does Jack get the officers to leave him alone with his "suitable memento?"
(a) He pays them.
(b) He threatens them.
(c) He calls for the police.
(d) He makes a joke.
4. Does Jack want a chance to fight the new White Hope?
(b) Yes, but only at first.
5. What does Smitty ask is the reason for Jack's behavior?
(a) Is it because he is unhappy in Europe.
(b) Is it because he no longer wants to be a boxer.
(c) Is it because he wants to keep the championship title a little longer.
(d) Is it because his mother is ill.
6. How does this speaker feel about what he or she is saying?
(a) She feels strongly about what she says and is glad it is this way.
(b) She hates what she is saying and wishes it were not this way.
(c) He hates what he is saying and wishes it were not this way.
(d) He is glad he has finally said this.
7. What does Jack crumple up?
(a) The letter.
(b) The e-mail.
(c) His paycheck.
(d) The telegram.
8. Is Ragosy able to calm them down this last time?
(c) Yes, for a little while.
9. What does Jack believe took much out of his mother?
(a) Her job.
(b) His father.
(c) Her life.
(d) His life.
10. How does Jack respond when Ellie asks Jack what they are going to do?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He kisses her and says not to worry.
(c) He laughs at her fears.
(d) He speaks sharply with her.
11. What does Dixon say about the black population at large?
(a) It is dwindling and becoming weakened.
(b) It is somewhat powerful.
(c) It is close to becoming economically and socially powerful.
(d) It is becoming aggressive.
12. What happens as Jack/Tom sings a spiritual about the Spirits Bright?
(a) The audience cheers.
(b) The audience is shocked into silence.
(c) The audience laughs.
(d) The audience begins to moan and boo.
13. What does this speaker discuss?
(a) All the dark, evil, and frightening things the word "black" invokes.
(b) The narrow-mindedness of white people.
(c) The struggles of black people.
(d) All that has happened to black people.
14. Where does this scene takes place?
(a) In a restaurant in Italy.
(b) In a sidewalk cafe in Germany.
(c) In a bar in Ireland.
(d) In a club in France.
15. Who enters on the opposite side of the stage, speaking about how everybody deep in their hearts is afraid of "blackness?"
(b) Mrs. Bachman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Goldie acting as?
2. What does Weaver ask Dixon about the deal?
3. What does Ellie do after this final scene?
4. What news does Smitty give Jack?
5. In what does the Preacher lead the congregation?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)