|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ellie exits, what does Jack do?
(a) He toasts Ragosy and they drink to happy days.
(b) He goes to his room.
(c) He calls her name.
(d) He goes after her.
2. What does Dixon say about the black population at large?
(a) It is close to becoming economically and socially powerful.
(b) It is somewhat powerful.
(c) It is dwindling and becoming weakened.
(d) It is becoming aggressive.
3. Who is coaching Jack?
(b) Cap'n Dan.
4. What does Jack say to hist trainer, when he begins chatting about the new White Hope?
(a) He asks for more information about the new White Hope.
(b) He tells him to be quiet.
(c) He tells him to leave him alone.
(d) He says he can beat the new White Hope.
5. What does Fred think about fixed fights?says the new White Hope can beat Jack fair and square, and he also says that he doesn't believe in fixed fights.
(a) He is not sure what he thinks about them.
(b) He does not believe in them.
(c) He sees nothing wrong with them.
(d) He thinks it is okay in this situation.
6. What does Cap'n Dan say can be cut off from Jack?
(b) His cable.
(c) Any connection.
(d) Any source of money.
7. When does Smitty say Jack will settle down?
(a) Once he and Ellie find a place to call home.
(b) Once Ellie has a baby.
(c) Once he stops boxing.
(d) Once Ellie leaves him.
8. What does Goldie say about the crowd at the fight?
(a) It is almost a full house.
(b) It is a full house.
(c) It is half full.
(d) There is hardly anyone there.
9. What does the "suitable memento" comment about making people laugh?
(a) It is a good skill to have.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is a nuisance.
(d) It is annoying.
10. Who arrives at an airport in France where he is met by a group of reporters who ask him, in French, how he feels about his impending fight with Jack?
(a) A French boxer.
(b) A Polish boxer.
(c) A German boxer.
(d) An American boxer.
11. What does Jack ask about selling?
(a) His home.
(b) His championship belt.
(c) His car.
(d) His gloves.
12. Where are Jack and Ellie waiting?
(a) At the arena.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) On a train platform.
(d) In the gym.
13. Does Fred think the White Hope would go for a fixed fight?
(b) Just this one time.
14. What does Jack say after spitting?
(a) He does not feel well.
(b) He is thirsty.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He has got a bad taste in his mouth.
15. What does Weaver ask Dixon about the deal?
(a) If they can forget about it.
(b) If it will take place.
(c) If it can be put in writing.
(d) If it can be trusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Jack/Tom sings a spiritual about the Spirits Bright?
2. What does Dixon suggest if Jack were to come back to America, take on this fighter, and deliberately lose?
3. What news does Smitty give Jack?
4. What enters?
5. What does the Promoter remind Jack to do?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)