|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fred say is the only one sure way the White Hope can win?
(a) He must be replaced with a better boxer.
(b) They must wait long enough for Jack's legs to weaken.
(c) He must train harder.
(d) Jack must throw the match.
2. Where does Jack say he will warm up?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) In the ring.
(c) In the locker room.
(d) In the chair.
3. Cap'n Dan says he doesn't like it. What does he argue?
(a) The current situation is no different than any other. Belief systems should never be bent.
(b) The current situation calls for bending belief systems a little.
(c) s.The current situation might call for the bending of belief system.
(d) No one should have a belief system.
4. What does Jack angrily ask Tick to do?
(a) Get him a sandwich.
(b) Find him a job.
(c) Get him some water.
(d) Find him an aspirin.
5. What does Dixon say about the black population at large?
(a) It is close to becoming economically and socially powerful.
(b) It is becoming aggressive.
(c) It is somewhat powerful.
(d) It is dwindling and becoming weakened.
6. How does the audience respond after this scene?
(a) It becomes bored.
(b) It becomes more restless and angry.
(c) It becomes sad.
(d) It becomes subdued.
7. What does the Promoter remind Jack to do?
(a) Play fair.
(c) Fight hard.
8. What does Jack angrily do to himself?
(a) Pinches himself.
(b) Punches himself in the stomach.
(c) Strikes himself on the forehead.
(d) Runs his head into a wall.
9. What does Jack believe took much out of his mother?
(a) Her life.
(b) His life.
(c) His father.
(d) Her job.
10. When does Smitty say Jack will settle down?
(a) Once he stops boxing.
(b) Once he and Ellie find a place to call home.
(c) Once Ellie has a baby.
(d) Once Ellie leaves him.
11. Where does this scene take place?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) On the stage of Ragosy's cabaret.
(c) Outside the arena.
(d) At a hotel.
12. What does Ellie do after this final scene?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She bows to the audience.
(c) She runs from the stage.
(d) She kisses Jack.
13. Where are Jack and Ellie waiting?
(a) At the arena.
(b) In the gym.
(c) On a train platform.
(d) At the hotel.
14. What does Jack say is the only thing he has left?
(b) The match.
(d) His mother.
15. What does Jack say after spitting?
(a) He has got a bad taste in his mouth.
(b) He is thirsty.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He does not feel well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack get the officers to leave him alone with his "suitable memento?"
2. How does Jack respond when Ellie asks Jack what they are going to do?
3. Does Pop think the fight will happen right away?
4. What does Clara begin shouting?
5. How does Jack respond to Smitty?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)