|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cap'n Dan think Jack will take the deal?
(a) His mother is ill.
(b) He will do whatever Cap'n Dan says.
(c) He wants the money.
(d) He is bored.
2. What does Jack say is the only thing he has left?
(b) His mother.
(d) The match.
3. Which of the men expresses doubts that the fighter is capable?
(b) Cap'n Dan.
(c) Pop Weaver.
4. What does this speaker discuss?
(a) The struggles of black people.
(b) The narrow-mindedness of white people.
(c) All the dark, evil, and frightening things the word "black" invokes.
(d) All that has happened to black people.
5. Where does Jack say he is going?
(a) To England.
(b) To Mexico.
(c) To France.
(d) To Spain.
6. How does Ellie respond when Jack asks if there are any new cables or money coming in.
(a) Yes, a few.
(b) Yes, just cables.
7. What does Jack say to hist trainer, when he begins chatting about the new White Hope?
(a) He says he can beat the new White Hope.
(b) He asks for more information about the new White Hope.
(c) He tells him to leave him alone.
(d) He tells him to be quiet.
8. Why does Smitty ask Ellie whether they are considering settling in France?
(a) Since it seems that the French like Jack.
(b) Since it seems they cannot return to the United States.
(c) Since it seems that Ellie likes France.
(d) Since it seems that Jack likes France.
9. Pop knows that most people seem indignant about this kind of plotting, but then suggests they reconsider their indignation when?
(a) They are out walking alone one night.
(b) It suits them.
(c) They are in need of money.
(d) They lose their jobs.
10. Is Ragosy able to calm them down this last time?
(c) Yes, for a little while.
11. When the German officers re-enter, what do they have with them?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A quiet, young student.
(c) A young black German man.
(d) An old man.
12. What does Jack ask about selling?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His championship belt.
(c) His car.
(d) His home.
13. What does a woman in the crowd do to Clara?
(a) She slaps her.
(b) She glares at her.
(c) She yells at her.
(d) She hugs her.
14. What does Jack angrily do to himself?
(a) Runs his head into a wall.
(b) Punches himself in the stomach.
(c) Pinches himself.
(d) Strikes himself on the forehead.
15. What does Fred think about fixed fights?says the new White Hope can beat Jack fair and square, and he also says that he doesn't believe in fixed fights.
(a) He sees nothing wrong with them.
(b) He does not believe in them.
(c) He is not sure what he thinks about them.
(d) He thinks it is okay in this situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ragosy pulls Tick from the stage?
2. What does Fred say is the only one sure way the White Hope can win?
3. Where does this scene takes place?
4. What does Ellie do after this final scene?
5. How far away does Cap'n Dan realize that is?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)