|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what are Cap'n Dan, Smitty, Pop Weaver, and Fred commenting?
(a) Jack's improved skills.
(b) Jack's change in attitude.
(c) Radio commercials about Jack.
(d) Newspaper articles about Jack.
2. What does Jack ask about selling?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His home.
(c) His championship belt.
(d) His car.
3. Where does Jack say he is going?
(a) To Mexico.
(b) To Spain.
(c) To France.
(d) To England.
4. Which of the men expresses doubts that the fighter is capable?
(b) Cap'n Dan.
(d) Pop Weaver.
5. After Ellie exits, what does Jack do?
(a) He calls her name.
(b) He goes after her.
(c) He toasts Ragosy and they drink to happy days.
(d) He goes to his room.
6. Who is coaching Jack?
(d) Cap'n Dan.
7. Does Jack want a chance to fight the new White Hope?
(a) Yes, but only at first.
8. What does Weaver ask Dixon about the deal?
(a) If it will take place.
(b) If they can forget about it.
(c) If it can be put in writing.
(d) If it can be trusted.
9. What does Smitty come in and give Jack?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A letter.
(c) A telegram.
(d) An e-mail.
10. What does Goldie say about the crowd at the fight?
(a) It is half full.
(b) It is almost a full house.
(c) It is a full house.
(d) There is hardly anyone there.
11. Is Ragosy able to calm them down this last time?
(b) Yes, for a little while.
12. What does Pop suggest they try to convince Jack to do?
(b) Stay in Mexico.
(d) Stay in France.
13. What does a woman in the crowd do to Clara?
(a) She yells at her.
(b) She hugs her.
(c) She slaps her.
(d) She glares at her.
14. How far away does Cap'n Dan realize that is?
(a) A couple of years.
(b) A year.
(c) A couple of months.
(d) A decade.
15. Why does Cap'n Dan think Jack will take the deal?
(a) He wants the money.
(b) He is bored.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) He will do whatever Cap'n Dan says.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scene do they play?
2. What does Jack believe took much out of his mother?
3. Where does Jack say he will warm up?
4. When does Smitty say Jack will settle down?
5. What does Fred think about fixed fights?says the new White Hope can beat Jack fair and square, and he also says that he doesn't believe in fixed fights.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)