|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack say he is going?
(a) To France.
(b) To Mexico.
(c) To England.
(d) To Spain.
2. How far away does Cap'n Dan realize that is?
(a) A couple of years.
(b) A year.
(c) A decade.
(d) A couple of months.
3. How does Jack react when Ellie tells him to stop dancing and singing?
(a) He loses his temper.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He laughs.
4. What does Smitty come in and give Jack?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A letter.
(c) A phone call.
(d) An e-mail.
5. Cap'n Dan says he doesn't like it. What does he argue?
(a) The current situation is no different than any other. Belief systems should never be bent.
(b) No one should have a belief system.
(c) The current situation calls for bending belief systems a little.
(d) s.The current situation might call for the bending of belief system.
6. What does Clara begin shouting?
(a) She wants to marry Jack.
(b) Jack is to blame for Mrs. Jefferson's death.
(c) Ellie is to blame for Mrs. Jefferson's death.
(d) Jack should not be imprisoned.
7. Where are Jack and Ellie waiting?
(a) In the gym.
(b) At the hotel.
(c) At the arena.
(d) On a train platform.
8. What does Jack believe took much out of his mother?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her life.
(c) His father.
(d) His life.
9. What does Jack say after spitting?
(a) He is thirsty.
(b) He has got a bad taste in his mouth.
(c) He does not feel well.
(d) He is angry.
10. Is Ragosy able to calm them down this last time?
(b) Yes, for a little while.
11. How does the audience respond after this scene?
(a) It becomes more restless and angry.
(b) It becomes subdued.
(c) It becomes sad.
(d) It becomes bored.
12. Does the "suitable memento" recognize Jack?
(a) At first.
13. What does Fred think about fixed fights?says the new White Hope can beat Jack fair and square, and he also says that he doesn't believe in fixed fights.
(a) He does not believe in them.
(b) He is not sure what he thinks about them.
(c) He sees nothing wrong with them.
(d) He thinks it is okay in this situation.
14. Who arrives at an airport in France where he is met by a group of reporters who ask him, in French, how he feels about his impending fight with Jack?
(a) A French boxer.
(b) A German boxer.
(c) A Polish boxer.
(d) An American boxer.
15. Pop knows that most people seem indignant about this kind of plotting, but then suggests they reconsider their indignation when?
(a) They lose their jobs.
(b) They are in need of money.
(c) They are out walking alone one night.
(d) It suits them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does this speaker feel the audience will truly understand what he or she is saying?
2. What does Jack crumple up?
3. What does Smitty do when Ellie tells him to leave?
4. Does Jack want a chance to fight the new White Hope?
5. What does Jack ask about selling?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)