Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is the performer's song?
(a) What it takes to be a "coon."
(b) A "coon" wishing he was white.
(c) He wishes he were a "coon."
(d) Whether Jack is a "coon."
2. What is Cameron's response to this well-spoken black man?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) He has a good point.
(c) He is wrong.
(d) He is just like Jack.
3. What do the men say a good White Hope could do?
(a) Make Jack more popular.
(b) Destroy Jack.
(c) Cause racial tension.
(d) Resolve the situation.
4. Dixon and five white men burst in and, after a scuffle, arrest Jack for what?
(a) Violating the Jim Crow laws.
(b) Violating the custody agreement.
(c) Violating his parole.
(d) Violating the Mann Act.
5. Why was Ellie in Australia?
(a) To marry Jack.
(b) To visit family.
(c) To get a divorce.
(d) To meet her husband.
6. How much prison time does Cameron tell Jack he could face?
(a) One to three years.
(b) Ten to fifteen years.
(c) Five to ten years.
(d) Six months to one year.
7. Tick enters with the news that Jack has been fined and sentenced how much?
(a) $5,000 and one year in prison.
(b) $1,000 and six months in prison.
(c) $20,000 and three years in prison.
(d) $10,000 and two years in prison.
8. A moment later a crowd of marchers enters, doing what?
(a) Carrying placards that denounce Brady.
(b) Carrying placards that denounce the cafe.
(c) Carrying placards that denounce Jack.
(d) Carrying placards that denounce black people.
9. About what are Goldie and Tick concerned?
(a) Jack's mood swings.
(b) Jack calling Ellie his fiance.
(c) Jack being able to beat Brady.
(d) Jack being so optimistic.
10. What does this man say about those black people who want success on white men's terms?
(a) White men's terms are the best.
(b) Everyone should succeed on white men's terms.
(c) They are smart to do that.
(d) It is another form of slavery.
11. As Tick shouts directions and questions, Jack shouts back comments and answers. Why does Jack stop?
(a) He walks out of the room.
(b) He is preparing to box.
(c) He is tired of arguing.
(d) He is concerned that watching him is too rough for Ellie.
12. Late at night in a hotel room in Wisconsin, what does Jack try to get Ellie to do?
(a) Go for a late night swim with him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Go get him food.
(d) Marry him.
13. What are the people demanding from District Attorney Cameron?
(a) That he have Brady arrested.
(b) That he interrogate Jack.
(c) That he have Jack arrested.
(d) That he request a rematch.
14. Who have been listening to the confrontation?
(a) Cap'n Dan, Smitty, and Fred.
(b) Smitty, a dectective, and Dixon.
(c) Fred, Smitty, and Dixon.
(d) Smitty, Jack, and Goldie.
15. About what does Smitty warn Goldie?
(a) Approaching fans.
(b) Approaching police officers.
(c) Approaching protesters.
(d) Bills that are due.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jack is finally allowed to speak, for what does he apologize?
2. What is a barker shouting into a megaphone?
3. How does the crowd react as Brady arrives?
4. What does a witness named Bratby explain?
5. Who knocks on the door and enters?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)