|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first of several witnesses to object to Jack's presence in England?
(a) Mrs. Kimball.
(b) Inspector Wainwright.
2. What does Cameron say about the charges that could be brought against Jack?
(a) They are non-existent.
(b) They are all relatively minor.
(c) They are quite substantial.
(d) They are rediculous.
3. Whose power does this man believe black people should accept?
(a) Their own.
(b) The white man's.
(c) Anyone but the white man.
4. How does Jack greet Brady?
(a) With a glare.
(b) As an enemy.
(c) He does not greet him.
(d) As a friend.
5. Does Cameron suggests that Ellie should be ashamed of what she is doing?
(b) A little.
6. How long does Jack have left on bail and the right to appeal?
(a) One week.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
7. What does this man urge black people to do?
(a) Be themselves.
(b) Be like the white man.
(c) Move back to Africa.
(d) Create their own communities.
8. About what is the performer's song?
(a) A "coon" wishing he was white.
(b) What it takes to be a "coon."
(c) Whether Jack is a "coon."
(d) He wishes he were a "coon."
9. What does a reporter call Brady?
(a) The New Hope.
(c) Our Hope.
(d) The White Hope.
10. What does the next witness, Inspector Wainwright, detail?
(a) The complaints made by other fighters.
(b) Charges and fines levied against Jack.
(c) Aggressive remarks Jack has made to various witnesses.
(d) The accumulated amount of parking tickets jack has received.
11. What does a Deacon tell Jack?
(a) Fighting is a sin.
(b) He should not fight.
(c) He must fight for himself and God.
(d) They are all going to be praying for him and that he is fighting for all of them.
12. What does Jack say he has not figured out?
(a) His opponent's strengths and weaknesses.
(b) When the match will be.
(c) How to win in a way that will not get everybody angry at him.
(d) How to be a optimistic loser.
13. Why does the Pastor believe Mrs. Jefferson is lucky?
(a) She has her brother taking care of her.
(b) She has Clara taking care of her.
(c) She has Ellie taking care of her.
(d) She had God in her life.
14. What do the men say a good White Hope could do?
(a) Resolve the situation.
(b) Cause racial tension.
(c) Make Jack more popular.
(d) Destroy Jack.
15. What does Jack tell the crowd?
(a) He is surprised to see them all.
(b) He is proud and happy to be making Chicago his new home.
(c) He is proud to win but sorry for his opponent.
(d) He is sad that he lost the match.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the play begin?
2. What are the people demanding from District Attorney Cameron?
3. Dixon and five white men burst in and, after a scuffle, arrest Jack for what?
4. Why does Cap'n Dan refuse to have the fight in any large cities?
5. Where are Jack, Ellie, Tick, and Goldie at the beginning of the scene?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)