|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people demanding from District Attorney Cameron?
(a) That he interrogate Jack.
(b) That he have Brady arrested.
(c) That he request a rematch.
(d) That he have Jack arrested.
2. Late at night in a hotel room in Wisconsin, what does Jack try to get Ellie to do?
(a) Go get him food.
(b) Go for a late night swim with him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Marry him.
3. Who says that the black man did not fight "like a man" in a match in Australia?
(c) Cap'n Dan.
4. What are Tick, his black trainer, and Ellie, his white girlfriend, watching Jack do?
(a) Yell at another boxer.
(b) Have his hands taped.
(c) Shadow box.
(d) Box with his trainer.
5. Does Cameron suggests that Ellie should be ashamed of what she is doing?
(b) A little.
6. How do the white people in the audience respond?
(a) They scream.
(b) They remain silent.
(c) They boo.
(d) They cheer.
7. What does Jack sing softly?
(a) A verse of a hymn.
(b) A verse of a rap.
(c) A verse of Ellie's favorite song.
(d) A verse of a blues song.
8. How does the boxer fight that makes him seem like he does not fight "like a man?"
(a) He smiled all during the match, taunted his opponent, and made "smart ass remarks to the crowd."
(b) He cried the entire match and begged for it to be over.
(c) He made cheap shots and cursed at the other boxer.
(d) He glared at the other boxer, he would not stop when the referee told him to, and he swung harder than he needed to.
9. What does Jack say will happen now that a match has been arranged for him?
(a) He is sure there will be no problems.
(b) He is sure he will make plenty of money.
(c) He knows some problems will occur.
(d) He will move to the United States.
10. Who is the first of several witnesses to object to Jack's presence in England?
(b) Mrs. Kimball.
(c) Inspector Wainwright.
11. Why does Goldie ask Ellie to excuse them?
(a) Jack needs to focus.
(b) He does not care for her.
(c) He wants to talk to Jack in private.
(d) The reporters are about to arrive.
12. What does Ellie suddenly ask?
(a) Why people cannot leave them alone.
(b) Where Jack is.
(c) Why Jack likes her.
(d) What she is doing here.
13. Why does the Pastor believe Mrs. Jefferson is lucky?
(a) She has Clara taking care of her.
(b) She had God in her life.
(c) She has Ellie taking care of her.
(d) She has her brother taking care of her.
14. How does the crowd react as Brady arrives?
(a) The crowd cheers.
(b) The crowd cries.
(c) The crowd makes no noise.
(d) The crowd boos.
15. What does Goldie plead with Jack to not do?
(a) End his relationship with Ellie.
(b) Lie to the press.
(c) Throw his relationship with Ellie in their faces.
(d) Make Ellie talk to the press.
Short Answer Questions
1. The white people move aside and reveal what?
2. Who knocks on the door and enters?
3. What does an extremely well-spoken black man say about Jack's behavior?
4. Why does Jack call Ellie honey?
5. Who have been listening to the confrontation?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)