Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Act 1, Scene 1
1. How does the play begin?
2. Does Brady accept the idea?
3. From whom does Brady face intense pressure?
4. Who says that the black man did not fight "like a man" in a match in Australia?
5. How does the boxer fight that makes him seem like he does not fight "like a man?"
6. What does a reporter call Brady?
7. Why does Cap'n Dan tell Brady the whole country is going to feel let down?
8. What does Brady confess?
9. How do Cap'n Dan and Fred respond to Brady's confession?
10. When Cap'n Dan and Fred discuss the terms of the fight, who is named the referee?
This section contains 2,005 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)