|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tick enters with the news that Jack has been fined and sentenced how much?
(a) $20,000 and three years in prison.
(b) $10,000 and two years in prison.
(c) $5,000 and one year in prison.
(d) $1,000 and six months in prison.
2. Why does Ellie say that she will go along with anything?
(a) If it will make her famous.
(b) If it will make Jack more successful.
(c) If it will encourage others to forget about race.
(d) She is in the mood for some excitement.
3. How do Cap'n Dan and Fred respond to Brady's confession?
(a) The taunt him.
(b) They say he will be just fine.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They agree with him.
4. Why does Cap'n Dan refuse to have the fight in any large cities?
(a) "Every nigger and his brother" will be there.
(b) Brady needs to be a "big fish in a small pond."
(c) I can't stand "city folk."
(d) Brady will get lost in the "big city."
5. Who is the first of several witnesses to object to Jack's presence in England?
(b) Inspector Wainwright.
(d) Mrs. Kimball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coates do regarding Sir William's attempts to keep order?
2. When does this speaker feel the audience will truly understand what he or she is saying?
3. Why does Cap'n Dan tell Brady the whole country is going to feel let down?
4. How does Smitty respond when Goldie tells him to fetch some police?
5. When does Pop speak to the audience?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)