|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Mrs. Jefferson?
(a) Cap'n Dan, Fred, and Goldie.
(b) Clara, a pastor, and a choir.
(c) Clara, Ellie, and Tick.
(d) Ellie, a pastor, and her brother.
2. What do the men say a good White Hope could do?
(a) Destroy Jack.
(b) Cause racial tension.
(c) Make Jack more popular.
(d) Resolve the situation.
3. What is a barker shouting into a megaphone?
(a) An invitation for the crowd to enter Jack's home.
(b) An invitation to the people of Chicago to the cafe's opening.
(c) A message about the Savior.
(d) He is telling the people to go home.
4. When Jack is finally allowed to speak, for what does he apologize?
(a) Wanting to fight.
(b) All the problems he has caused.
(c) Moving to England.
(d) Being black.
5. How does this speaker feel about what he or she is saying?
(a) He is glad he has finally said this.
(b) He hates what he is saying and wishes it were not this way.
(c) She hates what she is saying and wishes it were not this way.
(d) She feels strongly about what she says and is glad it is this way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goldie plead with Jack to not do?
2. As Dixon and the other men lead Jack and Ellie off, who appears?
3. What does Jack do when Clara clings to him?
4. When does Goldie say the fight is scheduled?
5. What does Weaver ask Dixon about the deal?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)