|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a witness named Bratby explain?
(a) Charges and fines levied against Jack.
(b) What happened when he refused to arrange a match for Jack.
(c) How Jack stole from him.
(d) complains about the parties, noise, and destructive behavior that took place in the apartment that Jack and Ellie rented.
2. When does this speaker feel the audience will truly understand what he or she is saying?
(a) When what they have done happens to them.
(b) When what is happening to him happens to them.
(c) When what is happening to the black people happens to them.
(d) When what is happening to her happens to them.
3. Of what do the Germans go out in search?
(a) A pen for Jack to sign his autograph.
(b) A suitable memento for Jack.
(c) A meal for Jack.
(d) Money for Jack.
4. Why does Jack not want Ellie to go to her seat?
(a) He wants her to go home.
(b) He is afraid she will make him lose.
(c) He does not want to see her.
(d) He does not want her to see what is about to happen.
5. What does this man urge black people to do?
(a) Be themselves.
(b) Create their own communities.
(c) Be like the white man.
(d) Move back to Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Jack thank Brady?
2. What does Ellie sleepily imagine?
3. Why are fight promoter Pop Weaver, Cap'n Dan, and Fred watching film of a fighter?
4. Where are Jack, Ellie, Tick, and Goldie at the beginning of the scene?
5. What does Jack say after spitting?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)