|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The white people move aside and reveal what?
(b) Jack's family.
(c) Jack's trainers.
(d) A small group of black people.
2. Why does Goldie ask Ellie to excuse them?
(a) The reporters are about to arrive.
(b) He does not care for her.
(c) He wants to talk to Jack in private.
(d) Jack needs to focus.
3. Knowing Jack is involved with a white girl is going to do what?
(a) Encourage others to do the same.
(b) Cause some surprise.
(c) Generate hate that will drive people crazy.
(d) Irritate many people.
4. How does the crowd react as Brady arrives?
(a) The crowd cheers.
(b) The crowd boos.
(c) The crowd cries.
(d) The crowd makes no noise.
5. How does the young man respond when Jack turns to him and asks what winning is going to do for him directly?
(a) It will give him something to be happy about.
(b) It will give him self-respect.
(c) He cannot answer.
(d) It will make white people respect him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Goldie say the fight is scheduled?
2. What does Cameron promise?
3. About what does Smitty warn Goldie?
4. How does Jack greet Brady?
5. For what does Jack thank Brady?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)