|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack respond when Smitty asks whether Jack really thinks he can win?
(a) He does not want to win.
(b) He is sure he will not win.
(c) He is convinced he will win.
(d) He is not sure if he will win.
2. What is revealed about Jack and Ellie, regarding how they met?
(a) They met in a bar in Chicago.
(b) They were in the same hotel in Sydney.
(c) They were on the same boat coming back from Australia.
(d) They met on a boat going to Australia.
3. The white people move aside and reveal what?
(a) Jack's trainers.
(b) A small group of black people.
(c) Jack's family.
4. Knowing Jack is involved with a white girl is going to do what?
(a) Cause some surprise.
(b) Generate hate that will drive people crazy.
(c) Irritate many people.
(d) Encourage others to do the same.
5. Why does Tick tell Ellie to stick around?
(a) Jack wants to show off for her.
(b) He finds Ellie attractive.
(c) Jack is much happier when she's near.
(d) She should see Jack in action.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cap'n Dan and Fred discuss the terms of the fight, who is named the referee?
2. How does the play begin?
3. What does Jack say he has not figured out?
4. About what are Goldie and Tick concerned?
5. What does Goldie plead with Jack to not do?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)