|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Jack thank Brady?
(a) Allowing him to win.
(b) The opportunity to take a shot at the title.
(c) For giving him the title so easily.
(d) Paying for him to come be in this fight.
2. How does the young man respond when Jack turns to him and asks what winning is going to do for him directly?
(a) He cannot answer.
(b) It will give him self-respect.
(c) It will make white people respect him.
(d) It will give him something to be happy about.
3. The white people move aside and reveal what?
(a) Jack's family.
(b) Jack's trainers.
(c) A small group of black people.
4. Why does Cap'n Dan refuse to have the fight in any large cities?
(a) Brady needs to be a "big fish in a small pond."
(b) "Every nigger and his brother" will be there.
(c) Brady will get lost in the "big city."
(d) I can't stand "city folk."
5. How does Jack handle the intensity of this protest?
(a) With frustration.
(b) With humor.
(c) With anger.
(d) With silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goldie ask Ellie to excuse them?
2. What is revealed about Jack and Ellie, regarding how they met?
3. What does Brady confess?
4. From whom does Brady face intense pressure?
5. Does Brady accept the idea?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)