|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cap'n Dan and Fred discuss the terms of the fight, who is named the referee?
(b) Cap'n Dan.
2. How does the crowd react as Brady arrives?
(a) The crowd boos.
(b) The crowd cheers.
(c) The crowd cries.
(d) The crowd makes no noise.
3. About what does Smitty warn Goldie?
(a) Approaching protesters.
(b) Approaching police officers.
(c) Bills that are due.
(d) Approaching fans.
4. Why does Cap'n Dan refuse to have the fight in any large cities?
(a) I can't stand "city folk."
(b) "Every nigger and his brother" will be there.
(c) Brady needs to be a "big fish in a small pond."
(d) Brady will get lost in the "big city."
5. Why does Ellie say that she will go along with anything?
(a) She is in the mood for some excitement.
(b) If it will make Jack more successful.
(c) If it will encourage others to forget about race.
(d) If it will make her famous.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Tick shouts directions and questions, Jack shouts back comments and answers. Why does Jack stop?
2. What is the press calling the fight?
3. The white people move aside and reveal what?
4. What are Tick, his black trainer, and Ellie, his white girlfriend, watching Jack do?
5. A moment later a crowd of marchers enters, doing what?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)