|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The white people move aside and reveal what?
(a) Jack's family.
(b) Jack's trainers.
(d) A small group of black people.
2. How do Cap'n Dan and Fred respond to Brady's confession?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They say he will be just fine.
(c) The taunt him.
(d) They agree with him.
3. Why does Tick tell Ellie to stick around?
(a) She should see Jack in action.
(b) He finds Ellie attractive.
(c) Jack is much happier when she's near.
(d) Jack wants to show off for her.
4. What does a reporter call Brady?
(a) Our Hope.
(b) The New Hope.
(c) The White Hope.
5. How does the crowd react as Jack enters?
(a) They boo.
(b) They cheer.
(c) They cry.
(d) They are silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cap'n Dan and Fred discuss the terms of the fight, who is named the referee?
2. How does the young man respond when Jack turns to him and asks what winning is going to do for him directly?
3. How does Jack handle the intensity of this protest?
4. When does Goldie say the fight is scheduled?
5. What are Tick, his black trainer, and Ellie, his white girlfriend, watching Jack do?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)