|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who have been listening to the confrontation?
(a) Cap'n Dan, Smitty, and Fred.
(b) Smitty, a dectective, and Dixon.
(c) Smitty, Jack, and Goldie.
(d) Fred, Smitty, and Dixon.
2. Who is the second witness, who makes racist remarks as she complains about the parties, noise, and destructive behavior that took place in the apartment that Jack and Ellie rented from her?
(a) Inspector Wainwright.
(b) Mrs. Kimball.
3. Why are fight promoter Pop Weaver, Cap'n Dan, and Fred watching film of a fighter?
(a) They want Brady to get some new moves.
(b) They all hope Jack can learn how to beat this man.
(c) They all believe he could be the next White Hope.
(d) They all believe Jack could beat him.
4. What does a group of rangers arrive and announce?
(a) The fight has been cancelled.
(b) No blacks are allowed in.
(c) No more seats are available in the arena.
(d) All weapons are to be confiscated.
5. Where does Jack say he will warm up?
(a) In the ring.
(b) In the chair.
(c) In the locker room.
(d) In the hallway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Jack want a chance to fight the new White Hope?
2. Knowing Jack is involved with a white girl is going to do what?
3. Whose power does this man believe black people should accept?
4. Which of the men expresses doubts that the fighter is capable?
5. How does the boxer fight that makes him seem like he does not fight "like a man?"
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)