|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an extremely well-spoken black man say about Jack's behavior?
(a) It is shocking but expected.
(b) It is a disgrace to all colored people.
(c) It is what one should expect from a young athlete.
(d) It is what all black men should do.
2. What does a witness named Bratby explain?
(a) complains about the parties, noise, and destructive behavior that took place in the apartment that Jack and Ellie rented.
(b) What happened when he refused to arrange a match for Jack.
(c) How Jack stole from him.
(d) Charges and fines levied against Jack.
3. What happens when Ragosy pulls Tick from the stage?
(a) The crowd becomes angry.
(b) Ellie is left alone.
(c) Jack is left alone.
(d) Jack and Ellie are left alone to go on.
4. About what does Jack realize she is talking?
(a) His last fight, which ended badly.
(b) How he looks when he is sunburned.
(c) The face he makes when he is concentrating.
(d) How he looks when he is sad.
5. About what does Mrs. Jefferson worry?
(a) How long it is taking to get news from the courthouse.
(b) If they will kill Jack.
(c) If Jack will run away.
(d) How horrible Jack's sentence will be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Smitty say Ellie is not as strong as Jack?
2. Who says that the black man did not fight "like a man" in a match in Australia?
3. What news does Smitty give Jack?
4. She recalls how hard it was to teach him the right way to behave, how he was always determined to do things his own way, and how she tried to punish him physically. What does she say she should have done to keep Jack out of a situation such as this?
5. How does Smitty respond when Goldie tells him to fetch some police?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)