|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cybel throw over Brown's bare body?
(a) Her kimono.
(b) Her shawl.
(c) Her cloak.
(d) Her coat.
2. What does Billy call Cybel at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What does Billy say the laughter of heaven sows earth with?
(a) A thunder of voices.
(b) A rain of tears.
(c) A hail of rocks.
(d) A brain storm.
4. Which character does Billy say he wants to see suffer?
(b) Dion's eldest son.
5. What is the only light Billy has in the room?
(a) An oil lamp.
(b) A candle.
(c) A gas lamp.
(d) A reading lamp.
6. What does Cybel say is the prayer she taught Billy?
(a) O'Lord Please Don't Burn Us.
(b) Please God, Don't Make Me Go.
(c) Our Father Who Art.
(d) Prayer For Agreement.
7. Who arrives at Billy's house in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Dion's eldest son.
8. Who does the Older Draftsman say he has not seen around town?
9. What does Cybel tell Billy will happen when he wakes up?
(a) His sould will be in heaven.
(b) The moon will be full.
(c) The ghosts will be gone.
(d) The sun will rise.
10. What does Billy say is the only thing he wants?
11. What does the Younger Draftsman say Dion is as drunk as?
(a) A fool.
(b) A simpleton.
(c) A bum.
(d) A sailor.
12. What does Billy say is empty?
(a) His soul.
(b) His mind.
(c) God's kingdom.
(d) God's love.
13. Whose mask does Billy wear when he greets Margaret?
(a) His father's.
(d) His own.
14. What does Cybel tell the Captain is Dion's name?
15. What does Dion tell the servant he has come to conclude?
(a) A bargain.
(b) A proposal.
(c) A friendship.
(d) A marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy tear into four pieces?
2. What is Cybel wearing?
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
4. What does Margaret say Billy's face looked like?
5. What does the author say Cybel's hair hangs down like?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)