• The play begins on a pier. It is mid-June and in the distance, the audience can hear music from a high school dance.
• Mr. and Mrs. Brown stroll along the pier with their son, Billy, talking about his plans to become an architect. Mr. Brown tells his son he wants him to take over his building firm.
• The Anthony family replaces the Brown family on the pier.
• Dion tells his family he would like to go to college to study art. Though his mother thinks it is a good idea, his father is strongly against it. The family finally agree Dion will study architecture with his friend, Billy.
• Billy and a beautiful girl called Margaret replace the Anthonys on the pier. Billy tells Margaret he loves her, but she does not return his words. Instead she tells him she is in love with Dion.
• Billy promise he...
This section contains 1,707 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)