|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
2. What does Pip say interrupts the learning at Mr. Wopsle's house?
3. What does Pip use to replace the brandy he has stolen from his sister?
4. Where does Miss Havisham want to be laid out when she dies?
5. What does Pip do with the young girl on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the convict do with the file Pip brought to him?
2. What does Mrs. Joe have Pip and Joe do when Pip returns from helping the convict?
3. What does Pip see when he first visits Mr. Jaggers's office?
4. What happens when Pip is challenged to a fight at Miss Havisham's house?
5. How does Mr. Jaggers embarrass Mr. Wopsle in the tavern?
6. What does Pip bring to the escaped convict after going to his sister's house to find supplies?
7. What surprising event does Pip see on a handbill when he returns to London after visiting Estella?
8. How does Joe feel when he visits Pip in London?
9. What is Mr. Wemmick like when he leaves work?
10. Why does Pip see Orlick at Miss Havisham's estate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety are two themes that are touched upon a number of times throughout this book. What are some of these instances, and how do they affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is found in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book? How do these instances affect that characters involved in the scenes?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)