|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
2. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
3. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
4. How does Pip feel about his apprenticeship?
5. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprising event does Pip see on a handbill when he returns to London after visiting Estella?
2. Why does Pip see Orlick at Miss Havisham's estate?
3. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
4. How is Mr. Wemick described in his office setting?
5. How does Pip feel when he is indentured to Joe?
6. What causes Mrs. Pocket to burst into tears when Pip first meets her?
7. What does Pip do on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house that leads Estella to scorn him?
8. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
9. What happens when Orlick gets jealous of Pip's day off from work?
10. What does Pip see when he first visits Mr. Jaggers's office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Jaggers and Mr. Wemmick are two characters who are very similar in their professional vocations, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2
With which character do you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choosing sides is a theme that is presented in this book. What are some examples of this theme, and how does it affect the characters involved?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)