Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
2. Who visits Mrs. Joe while she is incapacitated from her injury?
3. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
4. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
5. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mr. Wemick described in his office setting?
2. Why does Pip see Orlick at Miss Havisham's estate?
3. What kind of injuries does Magwitch sustain when he is arrested?
4. What does Orlick plan to do with Pip when he meets him on the marshes, and why?
5. What disturbing news does Pip hear while at a club meeting?
6. For whom is Herbert going to be working, and what will he be doing?
7. What does Pip learn when he wakes up after being arrested?
8. What happens when Pip goes to find Joe at a local tavern after his first day at Miss Havisham's house?
9. What does the convict do with the file Pip brought to him?
10. What does Magwitch say when Pip meets him at Clara's house?
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things they would not normally have done. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)