|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Pip's servant?
2. Where has Pip previously met his roommate in London?
3. How does Pip feel as he runs to deliver some goods to the convict?
4. Who is the first person Pip sees when he goes to Miss Havisham's estate while home from London for the first time?
5. Where does Pip celebrate his being indentured to Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pip feel when he is indentured to Joe?
2. What does Pip see when he first visits Mr. Jaggers's office?
3. What does Pip say to Biddy when he takes her out on the marshes?
4. What happens when Orlick gets jealous of Pip's day off from work?
5. Towards what profession is Pip's education leading when he first visits with Mattew Pocket?
6. How is Mr. Wemick described in his office setting?
7. What does Pip tell his sister he does at Miss Havisham's house when he comes back for the first time?
8. What causes Mrs. Pocket to burst into tears when Pip first meets her?
9. What happens when Pip is challenged to a fight at Miss Havisham's house?
10. What do Joe and Biddy do as Pip leaves, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced at the very beginning of this book. How does the constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things they would not normally have done. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does Pip's relationship with Estella change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)