|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(c) Tar water.
2. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
(a) A factory.
(b) The ocean.
(c) An orchard.
(d) A brewery.
3. What does Herbert tell Pip to do when Pip says he is in love with Estella?
(a) Find a new woman.
(b) Court her.
(c) Save up money.
(d) Detach himself.
4. Where does Joe put Pip's indenture papers after hearing about Pip's strange new fortune?
(a) A frame.
(b) In his mattress.
(c) The fire.
(d) The dung heap.
5. What does Pip ask Biddy to do before he leaves Joe's house?
(a) Help his sister.
(b) Educate Joe.
(c) Come with him.
(d) Write to him.
6. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
(a) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(b) Miss Havisham's house.
(c) The Blue Boar.
(d) Mr. Wopsle's school.
7. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
(b) Mrs. Joe.
(d) Mrs. Wopsle.
8. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
(a) The younger convict.
(b) Mrs. Joe.
(d) The constable.
9. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
(b) The bible.
(d) His mother's journal.
10. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Playing with a friend.
(b) Listening to carols.
(c) Fishing in the stream.
(d) Watching the sunset.
11. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(b) Mr. Pocket.
(c) Miss Havisham.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
12. Where does Pip go to become a gentleman?
13. Where does Pip stay on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) Bronco Inn.
(b) Brecker's Place.
(c) Brewer's Place.
(d) Barnard's Inn.
14. What profession does Mr. Wopsle hope to pursue?
15. Where does Pip meet an escaped convict?
(a) On the seashore.
(b) On the marshes.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) In a dark alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Pip previously met his roommate in London?
2. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
3. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
4. What is Drummle's first name?
5. Who is coming to visit Pip at his hotel room?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)