|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Joe unable to do after her injury?
2. How much money does Miss Havisham giveto Pip when she asks him not to come back to her house?
(a) 40 guineas.
(b) 35 guineas.
(c) 25 guineas.
(d) 30 guineas.
3. What does Pip ask Biddy to do before he leaves Joe's house?
(a) Help his sister.
(b) Come with him.
(c) Write to him.
(d) Educate Joe.
4. What is the name of Jagger's maid?
5. Who runs the Pocket's household?
(a) Mr. Pocket.
(b) The servants.
(c) Mrs. Pocket.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
6. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
(a) Studying a law manual.
(b) Interrogating a witness.
(c) Making busts of dead men.
(d) Forging a will.
7. Who shows up at the doorstep during the Gargery's Christmas dinner?
(b) The Constable.
8. Where does Pip go to become a gentleman?
9. Who keeps Pip working at his apprenticeship?
(b) Mrs. Joe.
10. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
(a) Miss Havisham.
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) Mr. Wemmick.
(d) Mr. Pocket.
11. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Watching the sunset.
(b) Listening to carols.
(c) Fishing in the stream.
(d) Playing with a friend.
12. What is the name of the tailor where Pip gets his first suit?
(a) Mr. Trabb.
(b) Mr. Troop.
(c) Mr. Tripp.
(d) Mr. Trume.
13. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
(a) A brewery.
(b) The ocean.
(c) An orchard.
(d) A factory.
14. Where does Pip stay on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) Brewer's Place.
(b) Bronco Inn.
(c) Barnard's Inn.
(d) Brecker's Place.
15. Towards what profession is Pip heading in his schooling?
(a) A banker.
(b) A businessman.
(c) He is not heading towards any profession.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joe put Pip's indenture papers after hearing about Pip's strange new fortune?
2. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
3. How does Pip feel when the convict lies to protect him?
4. What does Herbert tell Pip to do when Pip says he is in love with Estella?
5. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)