|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pip tell Jaggers he distrusts?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) Miss Havisham.
2. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
(a) His eyes are black.
(b) He is wearing no clothes.
(c) His skin looks red.
(d) His face is bruised.
3. How long is Pip indentured to Joe?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
4. What does Pip's roommate in London aspire to be?
(a) An actor.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) An insurer of ships.
(d) A banker.
5. What nickname is given to Drummle when Pip and his schoolmates dine with Jaggers?
(b) Praying Mantis.
6. About what does Pip feel most guilty following his experience with the convict?
(a) Stealing from Joe.
(b) Ratting out the convict.
(c) Caving to the threats of the convict.
(d) Lying to his sister.
7. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
(b) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
(c) He does not have time to tell him.
(d) He is afraid of being punished.
8. Where does Drummle grow up?
(c) The Marshes.
9. What does Estella do before Pip leaves her house for the second time?
(a) Gives Pip a letter she wrote.
(b) Shakes Pip's hand.
(c) Allows Pip to kiss her cheek.
(d) Mocks Pip for his common attire.
10. What is Pip's Christian name?
11. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
(c) Mrs. Wopsle.
(d) Mrs. Joe.
12. Where does Miss Havisham want to be laid out when she dies?
(a) On the table that held her wedding feast.
(b) In a local tavern.
(c) On the grand piano.
(d) On a pedestal on her front lawn.
13. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Listening to carols.
(b) Fishing in the stream.
(c) Playing with a friend.
(d) Watching the sunset.
14. What does Pip ask Biddy to do before he leaves Joe's house?
(a) Educate Joe.
(b) Write to him.
(c) Help his sister.
(d) Come with him.
15. What is Mrs. Joe unable to do after her injury?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
2. From where is Matthew Pocket educated?
3. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
4. How does Pip feel about his apprenticeship?
5. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)