|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Joe's journeyman?
2. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
(a) Studying a law manual.
(b) Making busts of dead men.
(c) Forging a will.
(d) Interrogating a witness.
3. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
(b) His sister.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
4. Who does Herbert love?
5. Who does Miss Havisham ask Pip to bring to her house?
(b) His sister.
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
6. Where does Pip stay on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) Brewer's Place.
(b) Bronco Inn.
(c) Barnard's Inn.
(d) Brecker's Place.
7. Where does Pip go to become a gentleman?
8. Who does Pip tell Jaggers he distrusts?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) Miss Havisham.
9. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
(a) The bible.
(d) His mother's journal.
10. Towards what profession is Pip heading in his schooling?
(a) A banker.
(b) A businessman.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) He is not heading towards any profession.
11. What does Wemmick call his father?
(b) Aged Parent.
(c) Deaf Dad.
(d) Old Man.
12. About what does Pip feel most guilty following his experience with the convict?
(a) Ratting out the convict.
(b) Lying to his sister.
(c) Caving to the threats of the convict.
(d) Stealing from Joe.
13. What is the name of Jagger's maid?
14. How does Pip feel when the convict lies to protect him?
15. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
(a) Miss Havisham's house.
(b) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(c) Mr. Wopsle's school.
(d) The Blue Boar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
2. What does Pip ask Biddy to do before he leaves Joe's house?
3. What is Drummle's first name?
4. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
5. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)