|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pip celebrate his being indentured to Joe?
(a) The Blue Boar.
(b) The Red Crane.
(c) The Hairy Hog.
(d) The Green Lantern.
2. What does Estella do before Pip leaves her house for the second time?
(a) Allows Pip to kiss her cheek.
(b) Mocks Pip for his common attire.
(c) Gives Pip a letter she wrote.
(d) Shakes Pip's hand.
3. What nickname does Pip's London roommate give him?
4. Who does Pip decide to visit when he leaves London for the first time?
(c) Mr. Wopsle.
5. How does Pip feel as he runs to deliver some goods to the convict?
6. What does Pip's sister call the cane she uses to beat Pip?
(a) The Tamer.
(b) The Tickler.
(c) The Tackler.
(d) The Tempter.
7. What does Pip ask Biddy to do before he leaves Joe's house?
(a) Help his sister.
(b) Educate Joe.
(c) Write to him.
(d) Come with him.
8. What is the name of the tailor where Pip gets his first suit?
(a) Mr. Tripp.
(b) Mr. Trabb.
(c) Mr. Trume.
(d) Mr. Troop.
9. Where does Drummle grow up?
(a) The Marshes.
10. What does Pip do with the young girl on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Reads books.
(b) Eats lunch.
(c) Plays cards.
(d) Walks in the orchard.
11. Who is coming to visit Pip at his hotel room?
(d) Miss Havisham.
12. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Playing with a friend.
(b) Watching the sunset.
(c) Listening to carols.
(d) Fishing in the stream.
13. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
(a) The Blue Boar.
(b) Mr. Wopsle's school.
(c) Miss Havisham's house.
(d) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
14. What is Joe's profession?
15. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
(c) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joe's journeyman?
2. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
3. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
4. What nickname is given to Drummle when Pip and his schoolmates dine with Jaggers?
5. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)