|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
(a) His eyes are black.
(b) He is wearing no clothes.
(c) His face is bruised.
(d) His skin looks red.
2. About what does Pip feel most guilty following his experience with the convict?
(a) Lying to his sister.
(b) Ratting out the convict.
(c) Caving to the threats of the convict.
(d) Stealing from Joe.
3. What does Pip say interrupts the learning at Mr. Wopsle's house?
4. Who does Miss Havisham ask Pip to bring to her house?
(a) Mr. Pumblechook.
(c) His sister.
5. What is Drummle's first name?
6. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To protect Miss Havisham.
(b) To be allowed to go there again.
(c) To cover up his mistakes.
(d) To make his sister happy.
7. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
8. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
9. What does Pip's sister call the cane she uses to beat Pip?
(a) The Tamer.
(b) The Tickler.
(c) The Tackler.
(d) The Tempter.
10. How does Pip feel about his apprenticeship?
(a) He is ashamed.
(b) He is frustrated.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is nonplussed.
11. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
(a) Studying a law manual.
(b) Interrogating a witness.
(c) Making busts of dead men.
(d) Forging a will.
12. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
(a) The Three Jolly Bargemen.
(b) The Three Cheerful Kingsmen.
(c) The Three Happy Sailors.
(d) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
13. Where does Pip celebrate his being indentured to Joe?
(a) The Blue Boar.
(b) The Hairy Hog.
(c) The Green Lantern.
(d) The Red Crane.
14. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) Miss Havisham.
(d) Mr. Pocket.
15. How long is Pip indentured to Joe?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belinda Pocket think she will be as she is growing up?
2. Where does Pip stay on his first day away from the marshes?
3. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
4. What is the name of the tailor where Pip gets his first suit?
5. What does Wemmick call his father?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)