|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Joe's journeyman?
2. From where is Matthew Pocket educated?
3. Where does Pip meet an escaped convict?
(a) In a dark alley.
(b) On the marshes.
(c) On the seashore.
(d) Under a bridge.
4. How much money does Miss Havisham giveto Pip when she asks him not to come back to her house?
(a) 25 guineas.
(b) 30 guineas.
(c) 35 guineas.
(d) 40 guineas.
5. Why does Pip not want to stay at the Pocket's house?
(a) He wants to get closer to Herbert.
(b) It is too chaotic.
(c) He wants more privacy.
(d) He does not like Belinda.
6. What is the name of Jagger's maid?
7. What nickname is given to Drummle when Pip and his schoolmates dine with Jaggers?
(c) Praying Mantis.
8. How long is Pip indentured to Joe?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
9. What does Pip's sister call the cane she uses to beat Pip?
(a) The Tempter.
(b) The Tamer.
(c) The Tickler.
(d) The Tackler.
10. Who does Pip decide to visit when he leaves London for the first time?
(d) Mr. Wopsle.
11. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
12. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
(a) Old Clem.
(b) Going Home.
(c) God Save Our King.
(d) Merrily We Roll Along.
13. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
(a) The Three Jolly Bargemen.
(b) The Three Cheerful Kingsmen.
(c) The Three Happy Sailors.
(d) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
14. Where does Joe put Pip's indenture papers after hearing about Pip's strange new fortune?
(a) The fire.
(b) The dung heap.
(c) A frame.
(d) In his mattress.
15. What does Pip use to replace the brandy he has stolen from his sister?
(c) Tar water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Mrs. Joe while she is incapacitated from her injury?
2. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
3. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
4. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
5. Who does Pip think injured his sister?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)