Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To make his sister happy.
(b) To cover up his mistakes.
(c) To protect Miss Havisham.
(d) To be allowed to go there again.
2. Who visits Mrs. Joe while she is incapacitated from her injury?
3. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) Mr. Wopsle's great aunt.
4. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) Miss Havisham.
(c) Mr. Pocket.
(d) Mr. Wemmick.
5. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
6. What nickname does Pip's London roommate give him?
7. Where does Drummle grow up?
(c) The Marshes.
8. Who keeps Pip working at his apprenticeship?
(b) Mrs. Joe.
9. Where does Pip celebrate his being indentured to Joe?
(a) The Blue Boar.
(b) The Red Crane.
(c) The Hairy Hog.
(d) The Green Lantern.
10. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
(a) Table manners.
(c) How to shave.
11. Who shows up at the doorstep during the Gargery's Christmas dinner?
(a) The Constable.
12. What is the name of the tailor where Pip gets his first suit?
(a) Mr. Trabb.
(b) Mr. Tripp.
(c) Mr. Troop.
(d) Mr. Trume.
13. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
(a) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(b) The Blue Boar.
(c) Miss Havisham's house.
(d) Mr. Wopsle's school.
14. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
(a) Her birthday.
(c) New Year's Eve.
15. How does Pip feel about his apprenticeship?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is nonplussed.
(c) He is frustrated.
(d) He is ashamed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not look at Pip a single time while Pip is visiting Miss Havisham's estate?
2. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
3. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
4. Where does Pip stay when he leaves London for the first time?
5. What is Drummle's first name?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)