|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Estella do before Pip leaves her house for the second time?
(a) Gives Pip a letter she wrote.
(b) Allows Pip to kiss her cheek.
(c) Mocks Pip for his common attire.
(d) Shakes Pip's hand.
2. What is the convict doing when Pip delivers some goods to him?
(a) Digging a hole.
(c) Filing down his irons.
(d) Hugging himself trying to keep warm.
3. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
4. With what does Pip see a man stirring his drink at the tavern Joe frequents?
(a) A golden rod.
(b) A knife.
(c) A file.
(d) A wooden spoon.
5. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
(a) The Three Cheerful Kingsmen.
(b) The Three Happy Sailors.
(c) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(d) The Three Jolly Bargemen.
6. Where does Joe put Pip's indenture papers after hearing about Pip's strange new fortune?
(a) In his mattress.
(b) A frame.
(c) The fire.
(d) The dung heap.
7. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
(c) His sister.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
8. What is Joe's profession?
9. What is Drummle's first name?
10. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
(a) Feed some hungry men.
(b) Shoe a horse.
(c) Pick a lock.
(d) File a chain.
11. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Listening to carols.
(b) Fishing in the stream.
(c) Playing with a friend.
(d) Watching the sunset.
12. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
(a) A guinea.
(b) A pound note.
(c) A picture of Estella.
(d) Some cake.
13. About what does Pip feel most guilty following his experience with the convict?
(a) Caving to the threats of the convict.
(b) Stealing from Joe.
(c) Ratting out the convict.
(d) Lying to his sister.
14. What does the convict ask Pip to bring to him?
(a) Some paper and a pen.
(b) A knife and some wine.
(c) Some bread and an awl.
(d) Some food and a file.
15. Who shows up at the doorstep during the Gargery's Christmas dinner?
(a) The Constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
2. Where does Drummle grow up?
3. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
4. Where does Pip go to become a gentleman?
5. What does Pip say interrupts the learning at Mr. Wopsle's house?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)