|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
(b) How to shave.
(d) Table manners.
2. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
(a) A wheelchair.
(b) A miniature carriage.
(c) A mobile lawn chair.
(d) An office chair with wheels.
3. Where does Drummle grow up?
(a) The Marshes.
4. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
(a) The Three Cheerful Kingsmen.
(b) The Three Happy Sailors.
(c) The Three Jolly Bargemen.
(d) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
5. Where does Pip hide the bread he plans to bring to the convict?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) Under his hat.
(c) Down his trousers.
(d) In his knapsack.
6. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
(a) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) His sister.
7. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) His new home.
(b) A garden.
(c) The Prison.
(d) The school.
8. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
(a) Interrogating a witness.
(b) Making busts of dead men.
(c) Forging a will.
(d) Studying a law manual.
9. What nickname does Pip's London roommate give him?
10. What is Drummle's first name?
11. Where does Pip stay on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) Brecker's Place.
(b) Brewer's Place.
(c) Barnard's Inn.
(d) Bronco Inn.
12. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(d) Tar water.
13. Who runs the Pocket's household?
(a) Mr. Pocket.
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) The servants.
(d) Mrs. Pocket.
14. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
(a) The constable.
(c) Mrs. Joe.
(d) The younger convict.
15. What does Pip use to replace the brandy he has stolen from his sister?
(a) Tar water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pip's Christian name?
2. How long is Pip indentured to Joe?
3. What does Belinda Pocket think she will be as she is growing up?
4. Where does Pip celebrate his being indentured to Joe?
5. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)