|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pip stay when he leaves London for the first time?
(a) Biddy's house.
(b) Miss Havisham's house.
(c) The Blue Boar.
(d) Joe's house.
2. What does Pip's sister call the cane she uses to beat Pip?
(a) The Tickler.
(b) The Tackler.
(c) The Tempter.
(d) The Tamer.
3. What is Mrs. Joe unable to do after her injury?
4. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
(a) Mr. Pumblechook.
(b) Mr. Wopsle's great aunt.
5. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) The Prison.
(b) His new home.
(c) The school.
(d) A garden.
6. Who runs the Pocket's household?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) The servants.
(c) Mrs. Pocket.
(d) Mr. Pocket.
7. Who visits Mrs. Joe while she is incapacitated from her injury?
8. Who does Pip decide to visit when he leaves London for the first time?
(b) Mr. Wopsle.
9. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
(b) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
(c) He does not have time to tell him.
(d) He is afraid of being punished.
10. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
(a) Merrily We Roll Along.
(b) Old Clem.
(c) God Save Our King.
(d) Going Home.
11. What does Herbert tell Pip to do when Pip says he is in love with Estella?
(a) Detach himself.
(b) Find a new woman.
(c) Court her.
(d) Save up money.
12. Who is the first person Pip sees when he goes to Miss Havisham's estate while home from London for the first time?
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
13. Who does Pip think injured his sister?
(c) The convict.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
14. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
15. How much older than Pip is his sister?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
2. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
3. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
4. Where does Pip meet an escaped convict?
5. What is the name of Joe's journeyman?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)