|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pip say interrupts the learning at Mr. Wopsle's house?
2. Why does Pip not want to stay at the Pocket's house?
(a) He wants more privacy.
(b) He does not like Belinda.
(c) It is too chaotic.
(d) He wants to get closer to Herbert.
3. How often does Pip go to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every weekend.
4. What does Pip's roommate in London aspire to be?
(a) An insurer of ships.
(b) An actor.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A banker.
5. Where does Pip hide the bread he plans to bring to the convict?
(a) Down his trousers.
(b) In his knapsack.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) Under his hat.
6. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
(a) A brewery.
(b) A factory.
(c) An orchard.
(d) The ocean.
7. Who does Pip tell Jaggers he distrusts?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) Miss Havisham.
8. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
(a) God Save Our King.
(b) Going Home.
(c) Merrily We Roll Along.
(d) Old Clem.
9. Who rides in the carriage with Pip when he leaves London for the first time?
(a) Police officers.
(d) A fine young lady.
10. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
(a) His skin looks red.
(b) He is wearing no clothes.
(c) His eyes are black.
(d) His face is bruised.
11. What is the name of Pip's servant?
12. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
(a) How to shave.
(d) Table manners.
13. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
14. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To cover up his mistakes.
(b) To be allowed to go there again.
(c) To protect Miss Havisham.
(d) To make his sister happy.
15. Where does Pip meet an escaped convict?
(a) On the seashore.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) On the marshes.
(d) In a dark alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
2. What is Drummle's first name?
3. What is the name of Pip's roommate in London?
4. What nickname does Pip's London roommate give him?
5. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)