|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tailor where Pip gets his first suit?
(a) Mr. Trabb.
(b) Mr. Trume.
(c) Mr. Troop.
(d) Mr. Tripp.
2. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
(a) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(b) Mr. Wopsle's school.
(c) The Blue Boar.
(d) Miss Havisham's house.
3. How much older than Pip is his sister?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. Why does Pip not want to stay at the Pocket's house?
(a) He does not like Belinda.
(b) He wants more privacy.
(c) He wants to get closer to Herbert.
(d) It is too chaotic.
5. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
(a) A wheelchair.
(b) A miniature carriage.
(c) An office chair with wheels.
(d) A mobile lawn chair.
6. How does Pip feel as he runs to deliver some goods to the convict?
7. What does Pip do with the young girl on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Eats lunch.
(b) Reads books.
(c) Plays cards.
(d) Walks in the orchard.
8. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(c) Tar water.
9. Where does Pip meet an escaped convict?
(a) In a dark alley.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) On the seashore.
(d) On the marshes.
10. Who is the first person Pip sees when he goes to Miss Havisham's estate while home from London for the first time?
(c) Mr. Jaggers.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
11. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
12. With what does Pip see a man stirring his drink at the tavern Joe frequents?
(a) A file.
(b) A wooden spoon.
(c) A knife.
(d) A golden rod.
13. Where does Pip stay on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) Brecker's Place.
(b) Barnard's Inn.
(c) Bronco Inn.
(d) Brewer's Place.
14. What is the name of Jagger's maid?
15. What does Pip's roommate in London aspire to be?
(a) An actor.
(b) An insurer of ships.
(c) A banker.
(d) A gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pip feel when the convict lies to protect him?
2. Who shows up at the doorstep during the Gargery's Christmas dinner?
3. What does Herbert tell Pip to do when Pip says he is in love with Estella?
4. Who does Pip tell Jaggers he distrusts?
5. Where does Miss Havisham want to be laid out when she dies?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)