|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
2. What is Joe's profession?
3. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
(a) The bible.
(b) His mother's journal.
4. Towards what profession is Pip heading in his schooling?
(a) He is not heading towards any profession.
(b) A banker.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A businessman.
5. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
(a) Miss Havisham.
(b) Mr. Wemmick.
(c) Mr. Pocket.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
6. What does Herbert tell Pip to do when Pip says he is in love with Estella?
(a) Save up money.
(b) Court her.
(c) Find a new woman.
(d) Detach himself.
7. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To make his sister happy.
(b) To be allowed to go there again.
(c) To cover up his mistakes.
(d) To protect Miss Havisham.
8. What is Pip's Christian name?
9. At what time are all the clocks in Miss Havisham's house stopped?
(a) 10:20 AM.
(b) 9:00 AM.
(c) 8:40 AM.
(d) 11:40 AM.
10. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
(a) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(b) Mr. Wopsle's school.
(c) Miss Havisham's house.
(d) The Blue Boar.
11. What does Pip use to replace the brandy he has stolen from his sister?
(a) Tar water.
12. Where does Pip meet an escaped convict?
(a) In a dark alley.
(b) On the seashore.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) On the marshes.
13. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
(a) Making busts of dead men.
(b) Forging a will.
(c) Studying a law manual.
(d) Interrogating a witness.
14. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
(b) How to shave.
(d) Table manners.
15. What is the convict doing when Pip delivers some goods to him?
(a) Digging a hole.
(b) Filing down his irons.
(d) Hugging himself trying to keep warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes Pip despise his surroundings?
2. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
3. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
4. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
5. What does Pip's roommate in London aspire to be?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)