|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
(a) A mobile lawn chair.
(b) A wheelchair.
(c) A miniature carriage.
(d) An office chair with wheels.
2. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To protect Miss Havisham.
(b) To make his sister happy.
(c) To cover up his mistakes.
(d) To be allowed to go there again.
3. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
(a) File a chain.
(b) Feed some hungry men.
(c) Shoe a horse.
(d) Pick a lock.
4. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(b) Tar water.
5. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
6. How does Pip feel as he runs to deliver some goods to the convict?
7. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
(a) God Save Our King.
(b) Old Clem.
(c) Going Home.
(d) Merrily We Roll Along.
8. What nickname is given to Drummle when Pip and his schoolmates dine with Jaggers?
(b) Praying Mantis.
9. Who does Pip decide to visit when he leaves London for the first time?
(b) Mr. Wopsle.
10. What is the name of Jagger's maid?
11. Where has Pip previously met his roommate in London?
(a) Mr. Jaggers's office.
(b) The forge.
(c) Miss Havisham's house.
(d) The Blue Boar.
12. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
13. Where does Pip celebrate his being indentured to Joe?
(a) The Blue Boar.
(b) The Red Crane.
(c) The Hairy Hog.
(d) The Green Lantern.
14. From where is Matthew Pocket educated?
15. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
(a) The Three Happy Sailors.
(b) The Three Jolly Bargemen.
(c) The Three Cheerful Kingsmen.
(d) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the convict ask Pip to bring to him?
2. What is Drummle's first name?
3. What is Pip's Christian name?
4. Who makes Pip despise his surroundings?
5. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)