|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) The school.
(b) His new home.
(c) A garden.
(d) The Prison.
2. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
3. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
(a) File a chain.
(b) Shoe a horse.
(c) Pick a lock.
(d) Feed some hungry men.
4. What does Belinda Pocket think she will be as she is growing up?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A teacher.
(d) A mother.
5. Who is the first person Pip sees when he goes to Miss Havisham's estate while home from London for the first time?
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
6. Why does Pip not want to stay at the Pocket's house?
(a) He wants more privacy.
(b) He wants to get closer to Herbert.
(c) He does not like Belinda.
(d) It is too chaotic.
7. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
(a) Mrs. Joe.
(c) Mrs. Wopsle.
8. Who visits Mrs. Joe while she is incapacitated from her injury?
9. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(b) Miss Havisham.
(c) Mr. Pocket.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
10. Who does Herbert love?
11. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
(a) A pound note.
(b) A guinea.
(c) A picture of Estella.
(d) Some cake.
12. What does Estella do before Pip leaves her house for the second time?
(a) Gives Pip a letter she wrote.
(b) Allows Pip to kiss her cheek.
(c) Shakes Pip's hand.
(d) Mocks Pip for his common attire.
13. What is the name of Pip's roommate in London?
14. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
(a) An orchard.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A brewery.
(d) A factory.
15. In whom does Jaggers take an immediate interest when Pip and his schoolmates dine with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards what profession is Pip heading in his schooling?
2. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
3. What is Pip's Christian name?
4. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
5. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)