|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Mrs. Joe while she is incapacitated from her injury?
2. Who does Miss Havisham ask Pip to bring to her house?
(a) His sister.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
3. Who does Pip think injured his sister?
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) The convict.
4. About what does Pip feel most guilty following his experience with the convict?
(a) Lying to his sister.
(b) Stealing from Joe.
(c) Caving to the threats of the convict.
(d) Ratting out the convict.
5. What is the convict doing when Pip delivers some goods to him?
(a) Digging a hole.
(b) Hugging himself trying to keep warm.
(c) Filing down his irons.
6. What does Pip's roommate in London aspire to be?
(a) An actor.
(b) An insurer of ships.
(c) A banker.
(d) A gentleman.
7. What does the convict ask Pip to bring to him?
(a) A knife and some wine.
(b) Some paper and a pen.
(c) Some food and a file.
(d) Some bread and an awl.
8. What does Belinda Pocket think she will be as she is growing up?
(b) A mother.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A teacher.
9. How long is Pip indentured to Joe?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
10. What nickname does Pip's London roommate give him?
11. What is Mrs. Joe unable to do after her injury?
12. How does Pip feel about his apprenticeship?
(a) He is frustrated.
(b) He is ashamed.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is nonplussed.
13. What does Wemmick call his father?
(a) Old Man.
(c) Deaf Dad.
(d) Aged Parent.
14. Who is coming to visit Pip at his hotel room?
(d) Miss Havisham.
15. In whom does Jaggers take an immediate interest when Pip and his schoolmates dine with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pip tell Jaggers he distrusts?
2. Who is the first person Pip sees when he goes to Miss Havisham's estate while home from London for the first time?
3. What is the name of the tailor where Pip gets his first suit?
4. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
5. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)