|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tailor where Pip gets his first suit?
(a) Mr. Tripp.
(b) Mr. Troop.
(c) Mr. Trabb.
(d) Mr. Trume.
2. What does Pip ask Biddy to do before he leaves Joe's house?
(a) Come with him.
(b) Educate Joe.
(c) Help his sister.
(d) Write to him.
3. How does Pip feel as he runs to deliver some goods to the convict?
4. Why does Pip not want to stay at the Pocket's house?
(a) He wants to get closer to Herbert.
(b) It is too chaotic.
(c) He wants more privacy.
(d) He does not like Belinda.
5. Who does not look at Pip a single time while Pip is visiting Miss Havisham's estate?
(a) Miss Havisham.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
6. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(d) Tar water.
7. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
8. What does Pip do with the young girl on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Reads books.
(b) Walks in the orchard.
(c) Plays cards.
(d) Eats lunch.
9. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
(c) Table manners.
(d) How to shave.
10. Where does Pip stay when he leaves London for the first time?
(a) Miss Havisham's house.
(b) The Blue Boar.
(c) Biddy's house.
(d) Joe's house.
11. What is the name of Joe's journeyman?
12. In whom does Jaggers take an immediate interest when Pip and his schoolmates dine with him?
13. What is Drummle's first name?
14. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
(a) Making busts of dead men.
(b) Forging a will.
(c) Interrogating a witness.
(d) Studying a law manual.
15. Who does Pip tell Jaggers he distrusts?
(c) Mr. Jaggers.
(d) Miss Havisham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves into the Gargery's house after Pip's sister is injured?
2. What does Belinda Pocket think she will be as she is growing up?
3. How long is Pip indentured to Joe?
4. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
5. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)