|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes Pip despise his surroundings?
(a) Mrs. Joe.
(b) Miss Havisham.
2. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
3. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(a) Tar water.
4. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
(a) His sister.
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
5. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
(b) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
(c) He is afraid of being punished.
(d) He does not have time to tell him.
6. What is the name of Pip's servant?
7. What does Herbert tell Pip to do when Pip says he is in love with Estella?
(a) Court her.
(b) Find a new woman.
(c) Detach himself.
(d) Save up money.
8. What does Belinda Pocket think she will be as she is growing up?
(a) A mother.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A teacher.
9. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) The school.
(b) The Prison.
(c) A garden.
(d) His new home.
10. Where does Pip go to become a gentleman?
11. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
(a) Shoe a horse.
(b) Pick a lock.
(c) File a chain.
(d) Feed some hungry men.
12. Who does Pip tell Jaggers he distrusts?
(c) Miss Havisham.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
13. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
14. On what day does Pip visit Miss Havisham after his sister's injury?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(d) Her birthday.
15. How does Pip feel when the convict lies to protect him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wemmick call his father?
2. What is Mrs. Joe unable to do after her injury?
3. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
4. Where does Miss Havisham want to be laid out when she dies?
5. Towards what profession is Pip heading in his schooling?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)