|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming to visit Pip at his hotel room?
(b) Miss Havisham.
2. From where is Matthew Pocket educated?
3. Where has Pip previously met his roommate in London?
(a) The forge.
(b) Miss Havisham's house.
(c) The Blue Boar.
(d) Mr. Jaggers's office.
4. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
5. Where does Pip go to become a gentleman?
6. Who does Pip decide to visit when he leaves London for the first time?
(a) Mr. Wopsle.
7. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Listening to carols.
(b) Playing with a friend.
(c) Fishing in the stream.
(d) Watching the sunset.
8. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
(a) Mr. Wopsle's school.
(b) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(c) The Blue Boar.
(d) Miss Havisham's house.
9. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
(a) Mr. Wemmick.
(b) Mr. Pocket.
(c) Miss Havisham.
(d) Mr. Jaggers.
10. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
(a) An orchard.
(b) A factory.
(c) The ocean.
(d) A brewery.
11. What does Pip ask Biddy to do before he leaves Joe's house?
(a) Help his sister.
(b) Educate Joe.
(c) Come with him.
(d) Write to him.
12. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
(b) Mrs. Joe.
(d) Mrs. Wopsle.
13. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) His sister.
14. How does Pip feel when the convict lies to protect him?
15. What is the name of Pip's roommate in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
2. What nickname does Pip's London roommate give him?
3. What is the name of Jagger's maid?
4. What does Pip say interrupts the learning at Mr. Wopsle's house?
5. What does Pip use to replace the brandy he has stolen from his sister?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)