|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herbert tell Pip to do when Pip says he is in love with Estella?
(a) Find a new woman.
(b) Court her.
(c) Detach himself.
(d) Save up money.
2. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
3. Who runs the Pocket's household?
(a) Mr. Pocket.
(b) Mr. Jaggers.
(c) The servants.
(d) Mrs. Pocket.
4. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To protect Miss Havisham.
(b) To make his sister happy.
(c) To be allowed to go there again.
(d) To cover up his mistakes.
5. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) The school.
(b) The Prison.
(c) A garden.
(d) His new home.
6. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
7. What is Joe's profession?
8. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
9. What does Pip say interrupts the learning at Mr. Wopsle's house?
10. How does Pip feel when the convict lies to protect him?
11. What is Pip's Christian name?
12. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
(c) How to shave.
(d) Table manners.
13. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He is afraid of being punished.
(b) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
(c) He does not have time to tell him.
(d) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
14. What is the name of Pip's roommate in London?
15. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
(b) His mother's journal.
(c) The bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pip feel about his apprenticeship?
2. How much older than Pip is his sister?
3. Miss Havisham's estate is adjacent to what?
4. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
5. Where does Miss Havisham want to be laid out when she dies?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)