|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) A garden.
(b) The Prison.
(c) The school.
(d) His new home.
2. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
(a) Mr. Pocket.
(b) Miss Havisham.
(c) Mr. Jaggers.
(d) Mr. Wemmick.
3. How does Pip describe his first day at Miss Havisham's house to Joe?
4. Who does Pip decide to visit when he leaves London for the first time?
(c) Mr. Wopsle.
5. What does Joe's journeyman do while working to show his dislike for Pip?
(a) Never speaks to him.
(b) Sends sparks in his direction.
(c) Gives him bad instructions.
(d) Leaves him the old and rusted hammer with which to work.
6. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
7. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
(a) Making busts of dead men.
(b) Interrogating a witness.
(c) Studying a law manual.
(d) Forging a will.
8. Who does Pip think injured his sister?
(a) The convict.
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
9. What profession does Mr. Wopsle hope to pursue?
10. What does Belinda Pocket think she will be as she is growing up?
(b) A nurse.
(c) A mother.
(d) A teacher.
11. What is Drummle's first name?
12. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
(a) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(b) Mr. Wopsle's school.
(c) Miss Havisham's house.
(d) The Blue Boar.
13. Who teaches Pip the alphabet?
(b) Mrs. Joe.
(d) Mrs. Wopsle.
14. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
15. Towards what profession is Pip heading in his schooling?
(a) A businessman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) He is not heading towards any profession.
(d) A banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pip meet an escaped convict?
2. How much older than Pip is his sister?
3. How does Pip feel when the convict lies to protect him?
4. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
5. Where does Miss Havisham want to be laid out when she dies?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)