|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pip feel about his apprenticeship?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is nonplussed.
(c) He is frustrated.
(d) He is ashamed.
2. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To protect Miss Havisham.
(b) To cover up his mistakes.
(c) To make his sister happy.
(d) To be allowed to go there again.
3. About what does Pip feel most guilty following his experience with the convict?
(a) Caving to the threats of the convict.
(b) Stealing from Joe.
(c) Ratting out the convict.
(d) Lying to his sister.
4. What is the name of the tailor where Pip gets his first suit?
(a) Mr. Tripp.
(b) Mr. Trume.
(c) Mr. Trabb.
(d) Mr. Troop.
5. Who does Herbert love?
6. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
(a) The Blue Boar.
(b) Miss Havisham's house.
(c) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
(d) Mr. Wopsle's school.
7. Who does Miss Havisham ask Pip to bring to her house?
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
(d) His sister.
8. What does Herbert tell Pip to do when Pip says he is in love with Estella?
(a) Find a new woman.
(b) Court her.
(c) Save up money.
(d) Detach himself.
9. Where does Joe put Pip's indenture papers after hearing about Pip's strange new fortune?
(a) A frame.
(b) The fire.
(c) The dung heap.
(d) In his mattress.
10. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
11. What does Pip have trouble reading when he is a young child?
(a) The bible.
(b) His mother's journal.
12. Who does Pip decide to visit when he leaves London for the first time?
(d) Mr. Wopsle.
13. Who is the first person Pip sees when he goes to Miss Havisham's estate while home from London for the first time?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) Mr. Pumblechook.
14. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
(a) A pound note.
(b) A guinea.
(c) Some cake.
(d) A picture of Estella.
15. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
(a) Going Home.
(b) Merrily We Roll Along.
(c) Old Clem.
(d) God Save Our King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
2. How much money does Miss Havisham giveto Pip when she asks him not to come back to her house?
3. What is the name of Pip's roommate in London?
4. Who rides in the carriage with Pip when he leaves London for the first time?
5. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)