|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Mr. Wopsle hope to pursue?
2. Pip is given a tour of what place on his first day away from the marshes?
(a) His new home.
(b) The Prison.
(c) The school.
(d) A garden.
3. In whom does Jaggers take an immediate interest when Pip and his schoolmates dine with him?
4. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
5. What does Estella do before Pip leaves her house for the second time?
(a) Gives Pip a letter she wrote.
(b) Mocks Pip for his common attire.
(c) Shakes Pip's hand.
(d) Allows Pip to kiss her cheek.
6. Who runs the Pocket's household?
(a) Mr. Jaggers.
(b) The servants.
(c) Mrs. Pocket.
(d) Mr. Pocket.
7. What is Joe's profession?
8. What is Mrs. Joe unable to do after her injury?
9. Towards what profession is Pip heading in his schooling?
(a) A businessman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) He is not heading towards any profession.
(d) A banker.
10. What does Pip ask Biddy to do before he leaves Joe's house?
(a) Educate Joe.
(b) Help his sister.
(c) Come with him.
(d) Write to him.
11. What does Herbert tell Pip to do when Pip says he is in love with Estella?
(a) Save up money.
(b) Court her.
(c) Find a new woman.
(d) Detach himself.
12. Where has Pip previously met his roommate in London?
(a) Miss Havisham's house.
(b) The forge.
(c) The Blue Boar.
(d) Mr. Jaggers's office.
13. How much older than Pip is his sister?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 20 years.
14. What does Pip's sister call the cane she uses to beat Pip?
(a) The Tamer.
(b) The Tickler.
(c) The Tempter.
(d) The Tackler.
15. What nickname is given to Drummle when Pip and his schoolmates dine with Jaggers?
(b) Praying Mantis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip's roommate in London teach him on their first night together?
2. What does the convict ask Pip to bring to him?
3. What is the name of the tavern that Joe frequents?
4. From whom is Pip supposed to get his money in London?
5. Where does Pip stay when he leaves London for the first time?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)