|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Pip feel most guilty following his experience with the convict?
(a) Lying to his sister.
(b) Caving to the threats of the convict.
(c) Ratting out the convict.
(d) Stealing from Joe.
2. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
(b) Tar water.
3. Where does Pip go first on his day off from the forge?
(a) Miss Havisham's house.
(b) The Blue Boar.
(c) Mr. Wopsle's school.
(d) The Three Merry Gentlemen.
4. What does Pip tell his sister he was doing when he comes home after helping the convict?
(a) Playing with a friend.
(b) Listening to carols.
(c) Watching the sunset.
(d) Fishing in the stream.
5. What is the name of the young lady Pip meets at Miss Havisham's house?
6. What is the name of the lawyer in the tavern when the people are all talking about the murder?
7. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
(a) Forging a will.
(b) Interrogating a witness.
(c) Making busts of dead men.
(d) Studying a law manual.
8. Who does Pip think injured his sister?
(b) The convict.
(d) Mr. Pumblechook.
9. In what does Pip push Miss Havisham?
(a) An office chair with wheels.
(b) A wheelchair.
(c) A miniature carriage.
(d) A mobile lawn chair.
10. Towards what profession is Pip heading in his schooling?
(a) He is not heading towards any profession.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A businessman.
(d) A banker.
11. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
(a) His skin looks red.
(b) His eyes are black.
(c) He is wearing no clothes.
(d) His face is bruised.
12. What is Pip's Christian name?
13. What is Mrs. Joe unable to do after her injury?
14. Who does Pip avoid when he goes home from London for the first time?
(b) His sister.
(c) Mr. Pumblechook.
15. Where does Joe put Pip's indenture papers after hearing about Pip's strange new fortune?
(a) In his mattress.
(b) The dung heap.
(c) The fire.
(d) A frame.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Pip is his sister?
2. What does Pip say interrupts the learning at Mr. Wopsle's house?
3. At what time are all the clocks in Miss Havisham's house stopped?
4. What does Joe's journeyman do while working to show his dislike for Pip?
5. What song does Pip sing for Miss Havisham?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)