|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pip lie to his sister about Miss Havisham?
(a) To cover up his mistakes.
(b) To be allowed to go there again.
(c) To make his sister happy.
(d) To protect Miss Havisham.
2. Who is coming to visit Pip at his hotel room?
(d) Miss Havisham.
3. Where does Joe put Pip's indenture papers after hearing about Pip's strange new fortune?
(a) In his mattress.
(b) A frame.
(c) The fire.
(d) The dung heap.
4. What profession does Mr. Wopsle hope to pursue?
5. What does Pip's roommate in London aspire to be?
(a) An insurer of ships.
(b) A gentleman.
(c) A banker.
(d) An actor.
6. What does the lawyer in the tavern tell Pip he must call himself in order to capitalize on his strange fortune?
7. Where does Pip hide the bread he plans to bring to the convict?
(a) Under his hat.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) In his knapsack.
(d) Down his trousers.
8. What does Pip say interrupts the learning at Mr. Wopsle's house?
9. What does Pip do with the young girl on his first visit to Miss Havisham's house?
(a) Walks in the orchard.
(b) Eats lunch.
(c) Reads books.
(d) Plays cards.
10. Who makes Pip despise his surroundings?
(a) Miss Havisham.
(c) Mrs. Joe.
11. Who does Pip think will be waiting for him at his house after helping the convict?
(b) The constable.
(c) The younger convict.
(d) Mrs. Joe.
12. What is Drummle's first name?
13. How does Pip feel when the convict lies to protect him?
14. What does Pip tell his sister he ate at Miss Havisham's house?
15. From where is Matthew Pocket educated?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Pip is his sister?
2. Who does Pip decide to visit when he leaves London for the first time?
3. What does Joe's journeyman do while working to show his dislike for Pip?
4. What is the name of Pip's roommate in London?
5. How long is Pip indentured to Joe?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)