|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pip's sister call the cane she uses to beat Pip?
(a) The Tickler.
(b) The Tackler.
(c) The Tempter.
(d) The Tamer.
2. Why does Pip not tell Joe about his experience with the convict?
(a) He does not want to lose Joe's esteem.
(b) He is afraid of being punished.
(c) He does not have time to tell him.
(d) He does not want Joe to get in trouble.
3. What is Jaggers doing when Pip goes to ask him for some money for furniture?
(a) Studying a law manual.
(b) Making busts of dead men.
(c) Interrogating a witness.
(d) Forging a will.
4. What is peculiar about the younger convict who Pip sees?
(a) His face is bruised.
(b) He is wearing no clothes.
(c) His eyes are black.
(d) His skin looks red.
5. What does Miss Havisham give to Pip when he visits her after his sister's injury?
(a) A picture of Estella.
(b) A pound note.
(c) A guinea.
(d) Some cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pip add to the brandy to disguise the missing portion?
2. What is Joe's profession?
3. What is Joe asked to do when his Christmas dinner is interrupted?
4. What does Belinda Pocket think she will be as she is growing up?
5. Where does Pip celebrate his being indentured to Joe?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)