|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close was the husband to saving his wife from death?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 50 minutes.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 5 minutes.
2. What does the girl's husband do with her a few times a year?
(a) Takes her to the theater.
(b) Visits her aunts.
(c) Visits her parents' graves.
(d) Goes to a museum.
3. What do the men say bring great joy in 'An Unpleasant Predicament'?
(a) Middle aged women.
(b) The military force in Russia.
(c) Extra-marital affairs.
4. What about youth does the main character of 'A Gentle Spirit' say are fantastic?
(a) Their ideas.
(b) Their understanding.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their dreams.
5. What does the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' say everyone knows about him?
(a) He is foolish.
(b) He is young.
(c) He is ambitious.
(d) He is wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of post had Mr. Pralinsky recently taken?
2. What did the main character of 'A Gentle Spirit' say the girl was suffering from?
3. How long has the main character of 'The Peasant Marey' been where he is?
4. Why does the first man get attacked by the crocodile?
5. What is the owner of the crocodile most worried about when a man is swallowed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the scared little boy in 'The Heavenly Christmas Tree'?
2. What affects does alcohol have on the men in 'An Unpleasant Predicament'?
3. What does the boy in 'The Heavenly Christmas Tree' see while he is hiding?
4. What are some of the things that keep the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' from killing himself?
5. Why has Stepan invited friends to a meeting in 'An Unpleasant Predicament'?
6. How was the wedding in 'An Unpleasant Predicament' ruined?
7. Why was the girl's husband removed from his station?
8. How does the man playing cards with the wife of the man inside the crocodile treat her?
9. What does the main character in 'A Gentle Spirit' say gave him the upper-hand in his situation?
10. What did the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' say about the church going people?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)