|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the third part of 'A Gentle Spirit'?
(a) The Noblest of Men.
(b) The Meekest of Men.
(c) The Shrewdest of Men.
(d) The Smartest of Men.
2. What did the husband force the girl to go without as a punishment?
3. Why did the main character in 'A Gentle Spirit' like to upset the girl?
(a) He learned more about her that way.
(b) He avoided temptation that way.
(c) He was more amused that way.
(d) He felt closer to her that way.
4. What is the first section of Part 2 of 'A Gentle Spirit' called?
(a) The Need of Lovers.
(b) The Dream of Pride.
(c) The Dream of Love.
(d) The Fall of the Proud.
5. Why did Semyon like being at his home?
(a) He was having an affair with the maid.
(b) He could drink in peace.
(c) He hated working.
(d) He loved his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl's husband do with her a few times a year?
2. What was yelled that scared the main character in 'The Peasant Marey' when he was young?
3. What was the main character's book about in 'The Peasant Marey'?
4. What does the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' say everyone knows about him?
5. who greatly benefited from the kindness of the main character in 'The Peasant Marey'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that keep the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' from killing himself?
2. What stopped the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' from wanting to be suicidal?
3. What affects does alcohol have on the men in 'An Unpleasant Predicament'?
4. What did the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' say about the church going people?
5. What did the girl in 'A Gentle Spirit' hope to accomplish by meeting with a young lieutenant?
6. How does the crocodile who eats the man die?
7. What do the aunts want to do with the girl in 'A Gentle Spirit', and how does she feel about this?
8. How did the pawnbroker discipline his wife for her misdeeds in the days before her death?
9. Why has Stepan invited friends to a meeting in 'An Unpleasant Predicament'?
10. What does the main character in 'A Gentle Spirit' say the girl would need in a husband, and why?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)