|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ordynov get Katerina to pay attention to him?
(a) He lies about being lost.
(b) He falls ill.
(c) He pays to board at her house.
(d) He sends her flowers.
2. What confuses Schpies about Ordynov?
(a) He does not care for his daughter.
(b) He pursues his engaged daughter.
(c) He has no direction in life.
(d) He does not come back after paying rent.
3. Who rescues the boy the morning after the party?
(a) Some young women.
(b) Some grown men.
(c) Some old spinsters.
(d) Some older boys.
4. Who is Katerina with at the beginning of the second part of 'The Landlady'?
(a) The young man.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) The older man.
(d) Her boarder.
5. What is Shumkov's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute does the narrator of 'Polzunkov' say will do a man well?
2. Who inappropriately tries to court Katerina?
3. What was the talent of the new lodger in 'An Honest Thief'?
4. How does the boy in 'A Little Hero' feel when he is made the rival to a young pretty girl?
5. What does a man who is called a Rag do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Osip play an April Fool's joke, and what was the cause of it?
2. Why did Dostoyevsky vary the sentence length in his writing?
3. How does 'A Christmas Tree & A Wedding, White Nights' begin and end?
4. Why is the woman Yulian is interested in not attainable at the time?
5. What happens when the boy rides a pony?
6. What did Ordynov realize about Katerina and the old man after his relationship with her had ended?
7. How had Yaroslav changed when Ordynov saw him at the end of 'The Landlady'?
8. What kind of emotions are effectively described in 'A Little Hero'?
9. What happens when Ordynov falls ill while walking on the street?
10. How did Ordynov change after his relationship with Katerina had ended?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)