|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Murin make Ordynov do in order to protect Katerina from him?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Rent a separate room.
(c) Turn over his weapons.
(d) Move out.
2. Who rescues the boy the morning after the party?
(a) Some grown men.
(b) Some young women.
(c) Some old spinsters.
(d) Some older boys.
3. How long was 'Polzunkov'?
(a) 40 pages.
(b) 30 pages.
(c) 10 pages.
(d) 20 pages.
4. What attribute is Katerina trying to exhibit at the beginning of the second part of 'The Landlady'?
5. What does the Rag compare his timidity to?
(a) A bunny's.
(b) A bird's.
(c) A kitten's.
(d) A turtle's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the new lodger in 'An Honest Thief'?
2. Why does Murin say he needs Katerina?
3. What talent does the Rag have?
4. How did Katerina's mother describe her real father?
5. Who did Mr. Prohartchin take advantage of in hiding so much money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ivanitch find out about Pyotr's wife?
2. How did Dostoyevsky end 'A Little Hero'?
3. Why was Yulian treated the way he was in 'A Christmas Tree & A Wedding, White Nights'?
4. Why is the woman Yulian is interested in not attainable at the time?
5. How had Yaroslav changed when Ordynov saw him at the end of 'The Landlady'?
6. Why did Dostoyevsky vary the sentence length in his writing?
7. What is evident about Ivanitch through his letters?
8. What kind of emotions are effectively described in 'A Little Hero'?
9. Why did Murin marry Katerina?
10. What does Osip say he is dependent on?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)