|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mr. Prohartchin's hidden money NOT sent to?
(a) The house-mates.
(b) The bank.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) The landlady.
2. What did Ordynov do passionately before he met Katerina?
3. What does Shumkov say he did in spite of himself?
(a) Got old.
(b) Fell in love.
(c) Got married.
(d) Entered the military.
4. What did the man of the house in 'An Honest Thief' say the woman helped him with by doing something without his permission?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) His rank in society.
(c) His loneliness.
(d) His confusion.
5. What is the main character of 'Mr. Prohartchin' very vocal about?
(a) His dead wife.
(b) Being poor.
(c) His dreams to immigrate.
(d) The bad government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is 'Polzunkov' set?
2. What does the woman living at the house in 'An Honest Thief' do without the permission of the owner of the house?
3. Where has Mr. Prohartchin been hiding money?
4. Why does Ordynov want to hear about Katerina's life?
5. What does Arkady do to help his best friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Dostoyevsky end 'A Little Hero'?
2. What is evident about Ivanitch through his letters?
3. Why did the translator warn people against reading too many of Dostoyevsky's works in succession?
4. What does Ivanitch find out about Pyotr's wife?
5. Why did Osip play an April Fool's joke, and what was the cause of it?
6. How does 'Polzunkov' end?
7. How did Ordynov change after his relationship with Katerina had ended?
8. What is the woman who Yulian wants interested most in?
9. Why did Dostoyevsky vary the sentence length in his writing?
10. What does Osip say he is dependent on?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)