|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mr. Prohartchin's co-lodgers feel bitter towards him?
(a) He pays lower rent.
(b) He eats too much food.
(c) He complains too much.
(d) He keeps a dog.
2. What attribute is Katerina trying to exhibit at the beginning of the second part of 'The Landlady'?
3. How does the boy express his affections to an older woman?
(a) He writes a letter.
(b) He tells her in person.
(c) He sings a song.
(d) He has her daughter tell her.
4. What is the occupation of the woman living at the house in 'An Honest Thief'?
(d) Wet Nurse.
5. What does the boy feel he has won the morning after the party?
(a) His place.
(b) His manhood.
(c) His cap.
(d) His respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dostoyevsky say made all the difference for people who needed attention like Mr. Prohartchin?
2. What does the woman living at the house in 'An Honest Thief' do without the permission of the owner of the house?
3. How many months of deposit money did Ordynov give Schpies?
4. What does the Rag say he has never done for money?
5. Who translated these stories into English?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Murin have Ordynov do when he tells him about his marriage to Katerina?
2. What is evident about Ivanitch through his letters?
3. Why did Murin marry Katerina?
4. What does Osip say he is dependent on?
5. What happens when the boy rides a pony?
6. How had Yaroslav changed when Ordynov saw him at the end of 'The Landlady'?
7. Why is the woman Yulian is interested in not attainable at the time?
8. What kind of emotions are effectively described in 'A Little Hero'?
9. What did Osip once do for an April Fool's joke?
10. How does 'Polzunkov' end?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)