|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tool does the pawnbroker use to cultivate his wife?
2. How is 'The Peasant Marey' narrated?
(a) Second Person narration.
(b) First person narration.
(c) Omniscient narration.
(d) Third person narration.
3. What kind of narrative is used in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man'?
(a) Omniscient narrative.
(b) First person narrative.
(c) Third person narrative.
(d) Second person narrative.
4. What does the girl's husband do with her a few times a year?
(a) Goes to a museum.
(b) Visits her parents' graves.
(c) Takes her to the theater.
(d) Visits her aunts.
5. who greatly benefited from the kindness of the main character in 'The Peasant Marey'?
(a) The other prisoners.
(b) His children.
(c) His students.
(d) The town beggars.
6. What talent did the narrator say the girl in 'A Gentle Spirit' had?
7. What was yelled that scared the main character in 'The Peasant Marey' when he was young?
8. What about youth does the main character of 'A Gentle Spirit' say are fantastic?
(a) Their ideas.
(b) Their understanding.
(c) Their hearts.
(d) Their dreams.
9. Why does the first man get attacked by the crocodile?
(a) He teases it.
(b) He angers the owner.
(c) He carries meat in his pocket.
(d) He attacks it.
10. What is the owner of the crocodile most worried about when a man is swallowed?
(a) Getting arrested.
(b) Causing harm to the swallowed man.
(c) Causing harm to his pet.
(d) Having to pay for the extraction.
11. What is the title of the third part of 'A Gentle Spirit'?
(a) The Meekest of Men.
(b) The Shrewdest of Men.
(c) The Smartest of Men.
(d) The Noblest of Men.
12. Where does the crocodile live?
(a) An arcade.
(b) A zoo.
(c) A forest.
(d) A refuge.
13. What is the title of the first part of 'A Gentle Spirit'?
(a) Who I Wanted to Be.
(b) Who I Was and Who She Was.
(c) Who We Were.
(d) Where It All Began.
14. What did the husband force the girl to go without as a punishment?
15. Why does the wife of the swallowed man consider a divorce?
(a) He stops getting paid.
(b) He says he will be disfigured.
(c) He refuses to harm the crocodile.
(d) He is assumed to be as good as dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the first man who was eaten by the crocodile?
2. What was the girl's husband labeled?
3. What month does 'The Crocodile & Bobok' begin?
4. What did the old man call the main character in 'The Peasant Marey' when he got scared as a child?
5. Why was the main character in 'The Peasant Marey' accused of?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)