|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' say he knows better than anyone else?
(a) How ridiculous he is.
(b) How to achieve his dreams.
(c) How wise he can be.
(d) How fortunate he is.
2. How long did the couple go in near silence?
3. What is the title of the fifth section of 'A Gentle Spirit'?
(a) Rebellion of the Gentle Soul.
(b) Removing the Gentleness.
(c) A Gentle Spirit in Revolt.
(d) The Loss of Gentility.
4. What is ruined because of drinking in 'An Unpleasant Predicament'?
(a) A marriage.
(b) All of these.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A wedding.
5. How does the main character in 'A Gentle Spirit' describe the girl's soul?
6. What is the first section of Part 2 of 'A Gentle Spirit' called?
(a) The Dream of Love.
(b) The Dream of Pride.
(c) The Need of Lovers.
(d) The Fall of the Proud.
7. Who does the main character in 'A Gentle Spirit' bribe for information about the girl?
(a) Her brother.
(b) A servant.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Her priest.
8. What does the main character in 'A Gentle Spirit' have to lure the girl to do?
(a) Come around more often.
(b) Take lower prices.
(c) Call him by his first name.
(d) Have conversation.
9. What kind of narrative is used in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man'?
(a) Omniscient narrative.
(b) First person narrative.
(c) Second person narrative.
(d) Third person narrative.
10. What is the title of the first part of 'A Gentle Spirit'?
(a) Who We Were.
(b) Who I Was and Who She Was.
(c) Where It All Began.
(d) Who I Wanted to Be.
11. Who labeled the girl's husband?
(a) His comrades.
(b) His boss.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His parents.
12. What does the girl's husband do with her a few times a year?
(a) Goes to a museum.
(b) Visits her parents' graves.
(c) Takes her to the theater.
(d) Visits her aunts.
13. What does NOT happen on holidays in 'The Peasant Marey'?
(c) Religious services.
14. What is the pawn broker suffering from when he goes to bed?
(a) A case of heart burn.
(b) A headache.
(c) A side ache.
(d) A toothache.
15. Who helped the main character in 'The Peasant Marey' become a kinder person?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(d) The prison warden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the man who owned the crocodile from?
2. Why did the pawnbroker think he needed to discipline the girl so much?
3. Why does the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' feel the need to correct others?
4. What shows the pawn broker just how much he loves his wife?
5. What about youth does the main character of 'A Gentle Spirit' say are fantastic?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)