|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the fifth section of 'A Gentle Spirit'?
(a) Rebellion of the Gentle Soul.
(b) A Gentle Spirit in Revolt.
(c) The Loss of Gentility.
(d) Removing the Gentleness.
2. How much money does the main character in 'A Gentle Spirit' want to save up?
(a) 500,000 rubels.
(b) 30,000 kopeks.
(c) 30,00 rubels.
(d) 500,000 kopeks.
3. What is the owner of the crocodile most worried about when a man is swallowed?
(a) Having to pay for the extraction.
(b) Getting arrested.
(c) Causing harm to the swallowed man.
(d) Causing harm to his pet.
4. What does the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' say he knows better than anyone else?
(a) How fortunate he is.
(b) How wise he can be.
(c) How to achieve his dreams.
(d) How ridiculous he is.
5. How does the girl in 'A Gentle Spirit' say her employers treat her?
6. Why did the pawnbroker think he needed to discipline the girl so much?
(a) She was so young.
(b) She was too pretty.
(c) Her nature was too rebellious.
(d) Her spirit was too free.
7. Who does the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' tell the person tugging at him to get help from?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A teacher.
(c) The police.
(d) His father.
8. What was Lukeyra's occupation?
9. who greatly benefited from the kindness of the main character in 'The Peasant Marey'?
(a) The town beggars.
(b) The other prisoners.
(c) His children.
(d) His students.
10. What was the girl's husband labeled?
11. How is the person described who tugs the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man'?
12. Why does the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' feel the need to correct others?
(a) Because he has no other callings in life.
(b) Because he corrupted many people.
(c) Because he knows how to help them.
(d) Because he is so inspired.
13. Why was the main character in 'The Peasant Marey' accused of?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Slandering an official.
(c) Leaking information.
(d) Killing his wife.
14. What talent did the narrator say the girl in 'A Gentle Spirit' had?
15. How close was the husband to saving his wife from death?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 50 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is tolerated on holidays in 'The Peasant Marey'?
2. How many people meet in 'An Unpleasant Predicament'?
3. Why does the main character in 'The Peasant Marey' talk about his childhood?
4. How long has the man in 'The Dream of a Ridiculous Man' delayed his plot?
5. What is the occupation of the main character in 'The Peasant Marey'?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)