|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the boy in 'A Little Hero' feel when he is made the rival to a young pretty girl?
2. What did the man of the house in 'An Honest Thief' say the woman helped him with by doing something without his permission?
(a) His rank in society.
(b) His financial situation.
(c) His confusion.
(d) His loneliness.
3. Why do Mr. Prohartchin's co-lodgers feel bitter towards him?
(a) He eats too much food.
(b) He keeps a dog.
(c) He pays lower rent.
(d) He complains too much.
4. What does the little boy hope to feel the morning after the party?
5. Who teases the boy in 'A Little Hero'?
(a) Older boys.
(b) Older women.
(c) All of these.
(d) Older men.
6. Who is the main character in 'Mr. Prohartchin'?
7. How does the old man at the beginning of 'Another Man's Wife' look?
8. What is the boy told to do the morning after the party?
(a) Ride a pony.
(b) Cut down a tree.
(c) Fight in a match.
(d) Take a test.
9. When did Katerina fall in love with Ordynov?
(a) When she heard him sing.
(b) When she read his letter.
(c) While he was sick.
(d) When she did his laundry.
10. Who rescues the boy the morning after the party?
(a) Some old spinsters.
(b) Some young women.
(c) Some grown men.
(d) Some older boys.
11. What is the main character of 'Mr. Prohartchin' very vocal about?
(a) The bad government.
(b) His dreams to immigrate.
(c) His dead wife.
(d) Being poor.
12. What does Katerina cry about selling?
(a) Her identity.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her body.
(d) Her home.
13. What does Shumkov say he did in spite of himself?
(a) Fell in love.
(b) Got old.
(c) Entered the military.
(d) Got married.
14. What was the Rag known to do on a regular basis?
(a) Sleep with women.
(b) Get arrested.
(c) Borrow money.
(d) Get drunk.
15. Where is 'Polzunkov' set?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the talent of the new lodger in 'An Honest Thief'?
2. How did Katerina's mother tell Katerina that her father had died?
3. To whom does Mr. Prohartchin send money on a regular basis?
4. What kind of complex is Katerina put under?
5. Whay has Shumkov fallen behind in his work?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)