|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Short Stories : Chapter 8, The Peasant Marey & The Heavenly Christmas Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who translated these stories into English?
(a) Connie Green.
(b) Credence Gray.
(c) Coleen Garrison.
(d) Constance Garnett.
2. Who does Katerina say has cursed her?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) The older man.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does a thief take in 'An Honest Thief'?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A hat.
(c) A coat.
(d) A lamp.
4. What is the occupation of the main character in 'The Peasant Marey'?
5. Why does the first man get attacked by the crocodile?
(a) He carries meat in his pocket.
(b) He angers the owner.
(c) He attacks it.
(d) He teases it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ordynov do passionately before he met Katerina?
2. What does the swallowed man say will nourish him while he is in the crocodile?
3. Who did Mr. Prohartchin take advantage of in hiding so much money?
4. What does the Rag say he is the suckling babe of?
5. Who is Katerina worried about at the beginning of the second part of 'The Landlady'?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)