|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Short Stories : Chapter 8, The Peasant Marey & The Heavenly Christmas Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Rag say caused him psychological harm?
(a) Growing up alone.
(b) Watching his father killed.
(c) Accepting money from a bribe taker.
(d) Seeing the ravages of war.
2. How old was Stepan?
3. What did Dostoyevsky say made all the difference for people who needed attention like Mr. Prohartchin?
(a) When they are ignored.
(b) When they earn that which they seek.
(c) When they express their needs.
(d) When people respond appropriately.
4. What did the old man call the main character in 'The Peasant Marey' when he got scared as a child?
5. What does the Rag say is his deepest desire?
(a) All of these.
(b) To get married.
(c) To feel stable.
(d) To have children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What started the discussion about Emelyanoushka?
2. How does the little boy in 'A Little Hero' fall asleep the night after the party?
3. What does the Rag say he is the suckling babe of?
4. How long was 'Polzunkov'?
5. How did Katerina's mother describe her real father?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)