|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Short Stories : Chapter 5, An Honest Thief & A Christmas Tree & A Wedding, White Nights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Murin say he needs Katerina?
(a) He needs a role in life.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is often ill.
(d) His mother is dead.
2. Who translated these stories into English?
(a) Coleen Garrison.
(b) Credence Gray.
(c) Constance Garnett.
(d) Connie Green.
3. What kind of complex is Katerina put under?
(a) The Freudian Complex.
(b) The Oedipus Complex.
(c) The Electra Complex.
(d) The Synchoptic complex.
4. What does Murin make Ordynov do in order to protect Katerina from him?
(a) Rent a separate room.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Turn over his weapons.
(d) Move out.
5. What did Emelyanoushka request often from his friend at the pub?
(a) A listening ear.
(b) An extra drink.
(c) A story.
(d) A place to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Emelyanoushka return after going missing?
2. What did Ordynov do passionately before he met Katerina?
3. What did the author say curbed the wonderful nature of Schpies's daughter?
4. How does Ordynov get Katerina to pay attention to him?
5. What does Katerina cry about selling?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)