|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Short Works : Chapter 4, A Faint Heart Another Man's Wife or the Husband Under the Bed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character in 'Mr. Prohartchin'?
2. Who translated these stories into English?
(a) Constance Garnett.
(b) Coleen Garrison.
(c) Connie Green.
(d) Credence Gray.
3. What does the Rag say he has never done for money?
(a) Slept with a woman.
(b) Killed a man.
(d) Taken a bribe.
4. Whay has Shumkov fallen behind in his work?
(a) He is looking for a new job.
(b) He is worried about his fiance.
(c) He is suspicious of his boss.
(d) He thinks about his marriage all day.
5. How did Katerina's mother tell Katerina that her father had died?
(a) He was hit by a train.
(b) He was shipwrecked.
(c) He fell ill.
(d) He was murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ordynov go after renting some rooms?
2. What is the old man at the beginning of 'Another Man's Wife' waiting for?
3. Who inappropriately tries to court Katerina?
4. How does Katerina say she feels about the older man?
5. Where is 'Polzunkov' set?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)