|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Short Works : Chapter 4, A Faint Heart Another Man's Wife or the Husband Under the Bed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shumkov's first name?
2. Why did Ordynov tell Yaroslav that he moved?
(a) His landlady moved.
(b) He wanted to be closer to the school.
(c) He fell in love.
(d) He needed cheaper rent.
3. How does Ordynov get Katerina to pay attention to him?
(a) He sends her flowers.
(b) He falls ill.
(c) He lies about being lost.
(d) He pays to board at her house.
4. Who shows a high favor to Mr. Prohartchin?
(a) The Landlady.
(b) Mrs. Hanneville.
(c) The governor.
(d) Mr. Hafton.
5. What attribute is Katerina trying to exhibit at the beginning of the second part of 'The Landlady'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shumkov say he did in spite of himself?
2. How did Katerina's mother describe her real father?
3. Why do Mr. Prohartchin's co-lodgers feel bitter towards him?
4. Who is Katerina with at the beginning of the second part of 'The Landlady'?
5. Where does Ordynov go after renting some rooms?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)