|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Short Works : Chapter 4, A Faint Heart Another Man's Wife or the Husband Under the Bed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the older man talk to the younger man about at the beginning of 'Another Man's Wife'?
2. How did Murin go about protecting Katerina?
(a) He bought her house.
(b) He married her.
(c) He rented a room from her.
(d) He moved in with her.
3. Who was Mr. Prohartchin's hidden money NOT sent to?
(a) The landlady.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) The bank.
(d) The house-mates.
4. Who does Katerina say has cursed her?
(a) The older man.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her mother.
5. How did Mr. Prohartchin's housemates feel about him when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute is Katerina trying to exhibit at the beginning of the second part of 'The Landlady'?
2. To whom does Mr. Prohartchin send money on a regular basis?
3. What does the Rag say he has never done for money?
4. What is the name of Shumkov's fiance?
5. Why does Murin say he needs Katerina?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)