|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Short Stories : Chapter 3, Polzunkov.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Dostoyevsky from?
2. What does the Rag compare his timidity to?
(a) A turtle's.
(b) A kitten's.
(c) A bunny's.
(d) A bird's.
3. Why does Katerina have to care for the older man?
(a) He is her lover.
(b) He has nobody else in the world.
(c) He pays her to.
(d) He is ill.
4. What did Dostoyevsky say made all the difference for people who needed attention like Mr. Prohartchin?
(a) When they express their needs.
(b) When they earn that which they seek.
(c) When they are ignored.
(d) When people respond appropriately.
5. What does a man who is called a Rag do?
(a) Shine boots.
(b) Beg on the street.
(c) Clean chimneys.
(d) Anything for other men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Rag say caused him psychological harm?
2. What does the Rag say is his deepest desire?
3. Who was Mr. Prohartchin's hidden money NOT sent to?
4. Why does Ordynov want to hear about Katerina's life?
5. How does Katerina say she feels about the older man?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)