|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Short Stories : Chapter 8, An Unpleasant Predicament.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the old man at the beginning of 'Another Man's Wife' waiting for?
(a) A payment.
(b) A woman.
(c) A message.
(d) A car.
2. What does Murin threaten Ordynov with?
(b) A revolver.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A dagger.
3. What is the occupation of the men in 'A Faint Heart'?
(c) Store Owners.
4. What attribute does the narrator of 'Polzunkov' say will do a man well?
5. What did Semyon talk about when he got a little drunk?
(a) The reforms in Russia.
(b) His fascination with Stepan's daughter.
(c) His love life.
(d) The way he felt about Stepan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Rag say caused him psychological harm?
2. How does the old man at the beginning of 'Another Man's Wife' look?
3. Who rescues the boy the morning after the party?
4. What kind of post had Mr. Pralinsky recently taken?
5. How does the boy express his affections to an older woman?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)