|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Short Stories : Chapter 9, A Gentle Spirit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the main character in 'A Gentle Spirit' do when he first men the girl?
(a) Tested her.
(b) Teased her.
(c) Watched her.
(d) Comforted her.
2. What talent does the Rag have?
(c) Telling stories.
3. What does the little boy hope to feel the morning after the party?
4. What does the boy feel he has won the morning after the party?
(a) His place.
(b) His respect.
(c) His manhood.
(d) His cap.
5. What did Dostoyevsky say ended the childhood of the boy?
(a) Delivering a letter to an intended lover.
(b) His first kiss.
(c) Riding the pony.
(d) Winning the fighting match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Rag known to do on a regular basis?
2. What does the main character of 'A Gentle Spirit' buy from the girl that no one else would have?
3. Who teases the boy in 'A Little Hero'?
4. What does the Rag say he is the suckling babe of?
5. What did the main character of 'A Gentle Spirit' say the girl was suffering from?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)