|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, The Short Stories : Chapter 9, A Gentle Spirit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a man who is called a Rag do?
(a) Shine boots.
(b) Clean chimneys.
(c) Beg on the street.
(d) Anything for other men.
2. What does the Rag say he has never done for money?
(a) Taken a bribe.
(c) Killed a man.
(d) Slept with a woman.
3. How long was 'Polzunkov'?
(a) 30 pages.
(b) 40 pages.
(c) 20 pages.
(d) 10 pages.
4. What does the boy feel he has won the morning after the party?
(a) His respect.
(b) His manhood.
(c) His cap.
(d) His place.
5. What does the main character of 'A Gentle Spirit' buy from the girl that no one else would have?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute does the narrator of 'Polzunkov' say will do a man well?
2. How is the atmosphere described at the beginning of 'A Little Hero'?
3. Who does the main character in 'A Gentle Spirit' bribe for information about the girl?
4. What is the name of the Rag?
5. How does the boy express his affections to an older woman?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)