* Mr. Prohartchin is an old man who has been at a boarding house for 20 years. He and the landlady are very close.
* He complains about how little money he has, and gets lower rent rates than his housemates.
* He sends money to his sister-in-law on a regular basis.
* At his death, his housemates surround him. They are fond of him. After his death they find a great deal of money in his mattress.
* They are angry about him taking advantage of the landlady, and refuse to send any of the money to his sister-in-law.
* They all feel suspicious of each other after this knowing that they can be taken advantage of so easily.
* In 'A Novel in Nine Letters' Ivanitch has been looking for his friend who he cares about deeply.
* He finds out his wife...
This section contains 1,933 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)