|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hadji Murad?
(a) A Russian prince.
(b) A Chechen fighter.
(c) A Turkish fighter.
(d) A Russian soldier.
2. What role does Pozdnyshev's wife balk at?
3. How does Pozdnyshev see his marriage after a few weeks?
(a) As a justification for misery.
(b) As a sweet kind of teamwork.
(c) As a heavy burden.
(d) As a transcendent pleasure.
4. What town do the Russians ultimately destroy?
(a) Shamil's stronghold.
(b) Shamil's hometown.
(c) All the Chechen border towns.
(d) Murad's hometown.
5. What does Pozdnyshev say he was determined to do throughout his marriage?
(a) Ignore his wife's affairs.
(b) Remain faithful.
(c) Carry on his affairs.
(d) Kill his wife.
6. Where are Vasili and Nikita and Mukhorty traveling to?
(d) The Semenov estate.
7. What does Tolstoy say Pozdnyshev is oblivious to in his marriage?
(a) His wife's illness.
(b) His wife's affairs.
(c) His wife's unhappiness.
(d) His children's hate for him.
8. Who was Countess Korotkova?
(a) The emperor's concubine.
(b) Stepan Kasatsky's aunt.
(c) Stepan Kasatsky's mother's friend.
(d) A general's wife.
9. Where does Pozdnyshev tell the story of killing his wife?
(a) In a museum.
(b) In prison.
(c) On a train ride.
(d) In a monastery.
10. Who is Murad hoping to reach at his destination?
(a) Prince Vorontsov.
(b) Marya Dmitrievna.
(c) Shamil's general.
(d) Emperor Nicholas I.
11. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
(a) By playing piano.
(b) By gossiping.
(c) By singing.
(d) By having affairs.
12. Where is Murad fleeing to?
(b) The Caucasus.
(d) The Russian fort at Vozvizhensk.
13. Who tries to convince the travelers to rest?
(a) An innkeeper.
(b) As fellow traveler.
(c) Nikita's wife.
(d) A landowner.
14. What power does Father Sergius discover he has?
(d) Arguing law cases.
15. How long after their wedding was Pozdnyshev's wife depressed?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marya Dmitrievna denounce Hadji Aga and his men?
2. What does Murad ask for when he has reached his destination?
3. What causes Father Sergius to leave the monastery?
4. How does Pozdnyshev view his children?
5. Where did Vasili borrow money from in the beginning of 'Master and Man'?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)