|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nikita treat Mukhorty?
(a) As a low criminal.
(b) As a pet.
(c) As a beast of burden.
(d) As a family member.
2. What does Murad hope for, from the person he is trying to reach?
(a) A large force.
(b) Safe passage.
3. What does Murad intend to do when he reaches his destination?
(a) Surrender to the Russians.
(b) Gather men to fight Shamil.
(c) Fight the Russians.
(d) Emigrate to America.
4. What inspired the jealousy rage in Pozdnyshev?
(a) Catching his wife and Trukhachevsky in the act.
(b) A business trip.
(c) One of Trukhachevsky's enemies told him about Trukhachevsky's affair with his wife.
(d) He read his wife's letters.
5. How does Pozdnyshev's wife try to escape from her unhappiness?
(a) By singing.
(b) By having affairs.
(c) By gossiping.
(d) By playing piano.
6. What were Pozdnyshev and his wife like in private together?
(a) Warmly affectionate.
7. Who is Stepan Kasatsky?
(a) A poor inn keeper.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A talented lawyer.
(d) A privileged young man.
8. Who is Vasili Andreevich?
(a) A wealthy innkeeper.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A soldier.
9. What was Stepan Kasatsky 'given to' from time to time?
(a) Fits of temper.
(b) Fits of laughing.
(c) Fits of generosity.
(d) Fits of jealousy.
10. Who nearly captures Murad and his men?
(a) Some Chechens.
11. When do the travelers finally decide to stop?
(a) When Mukhorty is injured.
(b) When they get stuck in a ravine.
(c) When they lose their way again.
(d) When the sled breaks.
12. Why has Shamil ordered Murad's family to be arrested?
(a) A conflict between Shamil and Murad.
(b) Murad had spoken against the Chechen cause.
(c) Shamil was trying to consolidate his power.
(d) Murad had murdered a man.
13. How does Marya Dmitrievna denounce Hadji Aga and his men?
(a) As swine.
(b) As thieves.
(c) As traitors.
(d) As cutthroats.
14. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A semi-professional musician.
(d) A young neighbor.
15. Who is Hadji Murad?
(a) A Chechen fighter.
(b) A Russian prince.
(c) A Russian soldier.
(d) A Turkish fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Vasili borrow money from in the beginning of 'Master and Man'?
2. Where are Vasili and Nikita and Mukhorty traveling to?
3. Who is Murad hoping to reach at his destination?
4. What did the Tsar suggest to do with Murad?
5. What is Stepan Kasatsky's relation with the court of Emperor Nicholas I?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)