|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nikita treat Mukhorty?
(a) As a low criminal.
(b) As a family member.
(c) As a beast of burden.
(d) As a pet.
2. Who found Nikita after the snow storm?
(b) Vasili's servants.
(d) People from the Semenov estate.
3. Why was Sergius sent to Siberia?
(a) He followed a woman there.
(b) He asked to be sent.
(c) He was arrested for vagrancy.
(d) He was arrested for treason.
4. Why has Shamil ordered Murad's family to be arrested?
(a) Murad had spoken against the Chechen cause.
(b) Murad had murdered a man.
(c) A conflict between Shamil and Murad.
(d) Shamil was trying to consolidate his power.
5. Who does Pozdnyshev tell his story to?
(b) His seat-mate.
(c) A judge and jury.
(d) His cell-mate.
6. Who is Vasili Andreevich?
(a) A priest.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A wealthy innkeeper.
(d) A soldier.
7. What does Murad ultimately plan to do?
(a) Make money and get famous.
(b) Repatriate in Russia.
(c) Establish Russian rule over Chechnya.
(d) Attack Shamil's stronghold and eliminate him.
8. What is Mukhorty covered with when he stumbles in a ditch?
(c) Hoar frost.
9. Who is Shamil?
(a) The Chechen leader.
(b) A Turkish soldier.
(c) A Russian general.
(d) A Chechen fighter.
10. What causes Father Sergius to leave the monastery?
(a) A woman who tempts him.
(b) A woman who seduced his spiritual leader.
(c) A woman who seduces him.
(d) A woman who refuses him.
11. Where did Vasili borrow money from in the beginning of 'Master and Man'?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) The church till.
(c) His servant.
(d) His parents.
12. Who nearly captures Murad and his men?
(c) Some Chechens.
13. What does Father Sergius do when he is aware of his lust for Makovkina?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Move to the city.
(c) Cut off his finger.
(d) Move to the country.
14. What were Pozdnyshev and his wife like in private together?
(d) Warmly affectionate.
15. Why does Murad want revenge on Shamil?
(a) Shamil insulted him.
(b) Shamil stole from him.
(c) Shamil killed his brother and father.
(d) Shamil pushed him out of power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Nikita live after Vasili died?
2. Who tries to convince the travelers to rest?
3. Who gives the travelers directions?
4. When do the travelers finally decide to stop?
5. Who is Murad hoping to reach at his destination?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)