|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alyosha the Pot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ivan Ilych do when he took his second position?
(a) Buy expensive clothes.
(b) Begin to gamble.
(c) Start having affairs.
(d) Begin to drink.
2. Who is Ustinja?
(a) Alyosha's mother.
(b) The mistress of the house where Alyosha works.
(c) An orphan peasant.
(d) A washerwoman.
3. What is Father Sergius's reason for wanting to be transferred out of the city?
(a) Lust for women.
(b) Desire for money.
(c) Desire for power.
(d) Desire for easy city ways.
4. What does Alyosha come to believe on his deathbed?
(a) The people who sinned against him will be punished.
(b) If his heart is right, all will be well.
(c) There is no God to welcome him into death.
(d) He and Ustinja will be married in heaven.
5. Who is Trukhachevsky?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A semi-professional musician.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A young neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What desire did Pozdnyshev's wife have, which doctors frustrated?
2. How does Tolstoy describe Ivan Ilych's wife's temperament?
3. How does Pozdnyshev describe his union with his wife?
4. Who is Eugene Irtenev?
5. How does Tolstoy describe Alyosha?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)