|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dmitri go to the Caucasus?
(a) To look for adventure.
(b) For a business deal.
(c) To escape from his debts.
(d) To serve the Tsar.
2. How does Tolstoy describe conjugal relations with Eugene Irtenev and his wife?
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's mood changed during his illness?
(a) He became peaceful.
(b) He became angry.
(c) He became irritable.
(d) He became religious.
4. Who is Ivan Ilych at the beginning of "The Death of Ivan Ilych"?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A law school graduate.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A bureaucrat.
5. What rekindled Eugene Irtenev's love for his wife?
(a) A miscarriage.
(b) He lost his health.
(c) He inherited his father's estate.
(d) The birth of a daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan Ilych do in his second job?
2. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
3. When did Dmitri believe a barrier was broken between himself and Maryanka?
4. With whom did the Grebensk Cossacks intermarry?
5. How does Tolstoy describe the force that overcomes Eugene Irtenev's reticence about meeting a married woman?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)