Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of Ivan Ilych.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect do visits to Moscow and Petersburg have on Marya's depression?
(a) They make her genuinely ill.
(b) Temporary relief.
(c) Complete relief.
(d) They exacerbate the depression.
2. How does Ivan Ilych handle his illness?
(a) He sees doctor after doctor with no result.
(b) He still works, but it exhausts him.
(c) He works less and less and reads and becomes philosophical.
(d) He applies for a pension and retires.
3. How does Tolstoy say Ivan Ilych's wife demonstrated mental problems?
(a) Jealous rages.
4. What political stance do the Muslim Tartars typically take?
5. How does Tolstoy say Cossack men view their wives?
(a) As warriors.
(b) As beasts of burden.
(c) As goddesses.
(d) As equals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Christian Cossacks and Muslim Tartars?
2. What causes Sergey to declare that everything is over between himself and Marya?
3. Who lives on the other side of the Terek River?
4. What does Dmitri dream about on his way to the Caucasus?
5. What was Ivan Ilych's salary on the Court of Justice?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)