|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates to Captain Delano that the strange ship may be in trouble?
(a) The ship is bound for an uninhabited island.
(b) The ship flies no flag.
(c) The ship seems uncertain of its direction.
(d) The ship is giving a distress signal.
2. What loss of John Gentian's is noticed most on May thirtieth?
(a) His blinded eye.
(b) His missing ear.
(c) His empty sleeve.
(d) His limp.
3. What is the temperature at the mill?
(d) Oppressively hot.
4. Whose cause does the Marquis de Grandvin champion?
(b) The French.
(c) Freedom fighters.
5. Why is it hard to see the mill when coming upon it?
(a) The mill's entrance is disguised by branches.
(b) The mill is painted to camouflage the entrance.
(c) The whole landscape is white.
(d) The mill is hidden in a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally persuaded the narrator of "I and My Chimney" to knock a few feet off the chimney?
2. Why had Jimmy Rose often been chosen to present awards?
3. What first attracts the narrator of "The Piazza" to a building far in the mountains?
4. Why is the strange ship low on provisions?
5. To what did Captain Delano attribute the ship's being so long becalmed?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)