|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melville hope to do for the Marquis de Grandvin?
(a) Make him happy.
(b) Make him famous.
(c) Make him rich.
(d) Make him immortal.
2. What has Hautboy accomplished in "The Fiddler?"
(a) Hautboy has become famous.
(b) Hautboy has become rich.
(c) Hautboy has learned to be happy.
(d) Hautboy has developed great technical proficiency.
3. What habit of the bachelors in the Temple does the narrator wish to introduce in his own country?
(b) Mulled wine.
4. What sort of feet did the apple-tree table have?
(a) Hooves like Satan.
(b) Brass fittings.
(c) Carved mahogany.
(d) Marble balls.
5. How does Captain Delano evaluate Babo when he first meets him?
(a) Captain Delano evalutes Babo as vaguely threatening.
(b) Captain Delano evaluates Babo as uncomfortably familiar.
(c) Captain Delano evaluates Babo as woefully ignorant.
(d) Captain Delano evalutes Babo as a devoted companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Captain Delano glad he was not astute enough to recognize the mutiny?
2. In "I and My Chimney," what is the narrator's wife's maxim?
3. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
4. Why does the narrator of "The Piazza" feel that the house must have a piazza?
5. What sentence was chalked below the figurehead?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)