|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "The Piazza" believe the soil is richer around the cottage that he finds?
(a) There is more sunlight there.
(b) There is a sense of blessedness there.
(c) The owners have planted there.
(d) The garden is obviously well-fed there.
2. Why is the strange ship low on provisions?
(a) They have taken on additional passengers.
(b) They have been becalmed.
(c) They have been under supplied.
(d) They have been lost.
3. Why does the lightning rod salesman claim that his rods are superior?
(a) They're made of iron.
(b) They're made of copper.
(c) They're made of steel.
(d) They're made of magnesium.
4. What surprises Captain Delano when he first sees Benito Cereno's ship?
(a) The ship is giving a distress signal.
(b) The ship is in ill repair.
(c) The ship is bound for an uninhabited island.
(d) The ship doesn't fly the flag of any nation.
5. What disease does Captain Delano learn has swept off much of the crew and cargo of slaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Bannadonna excused for the homicide he committed?
2. Why does the narrator of "I and My Chimney" identify with his chimney?
3. What does the narrator decide to give the apple-tree table when he first discovers it?
4. How was John Marr wounded?
5. What does Benito Cereno say has happened to his partner, Alexandro Aranda?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)