|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Atufal?
(a) A leader of the slaves.
(b) Babo's best friend.
(c) A complaining woman among the slaves.
(d) A chained slave.
2. How does the lightning rod salesman feel about thunderstorms?
(a) He is confident.
(b) He is relaxed and unafraid.
(c) He is assured of his own safety.
(d) He is terrified.
3. How does Captain Delano evaluate Benito Cereno's condition when he first meets him?
(a) Captain Delano perceives Benito Cereno to be physically and mentally disabled.
(b) Captain Delano evalutes Benito Cereno as cruel.
(c) Captain Delano evalutes Benito Cereno as dictatorial.
(d) Captain Delano evaluates Benito Cereno as weak and ineffectual.
4. What does John Gentian say are caused by stirring deeds?
(a) Stirring songs.
(b) Stirring thoughts.
(c) Stirring rhymes.
(d) Stirring novels.
5. Who lives in the cottage that the narrator of "The Piazza" finds in the mountains?
(a) A newlywed husband and wife.
(b) No one.
(c) A lonely widow.
(d) An orphaned brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Captain Delano attribute Benito Cereno's ineffectiveness as captain?
2. Why does the lightning rod salesman claim that his rods are superior?
3. Why had Jimmy Rose never married?
4. Why is it hard to see the mill when coming upon it?
5. How does the narrator of "The Piazza" travel to the spot in the mountains that he wants to see?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)