|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Bartleby says he would prefer not to do?
(a) Compare a copy with its original.
(b) Originate a copy.
(c) Go for coffee.
(d) Copy a comparison of an original.
2. How does Captain Delano evaluate Babo when he first meets him?
(a) Captain Delano evalutes Babo as a devoted companion.
(b) Captain Delano evalutes Babo as vaguely threatening.
(c) Captain Delano evaluates Babo as uncomfortably familiar.
(d) Captain Delano evaluates Babo as woefully ignorant.
3. Why is Captain Delano glad he was not astute enough to recognize the mutiny?
(a) He would have sacrificed his own crew.
(b) He would have been killed without helping Benito Cereno.
(c) He would not have known what to do.
(d) He would have lost faith in mankind.
4. Why does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" call the rooster Signor Beneventano?
(a) The rooster reminds him of a song.
(b) The rooster reminds him of a character in a book.
(c) The rooster reminds him of a character in a play.
(d) The rooster reminds him of his neighbor.
5. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
(a) They give up life on the sea.
(b) They murder the captain.
(c) They call for help.
(d) They desert the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the bachelors in the Temple keep time?
2. What foible do Captain Vere's compatriots point out in him?
3. What is the main task of the narrator's youngest employee in Bartleby?
4. How does the narrator of "The Apple-Tree Table" feel as his wife and daughters become more frightened?
5. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view the world?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)