|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" aspire to become?
2. How much does the uncle in "The Happy Failure" think his invention is worth?
(a) More than his house.
(b) More than silver.
(c) More than a life's work.
(d) More than gold.
3. Why had Jimmy Rose often been chosen to present awards?
(a) He was famous.
(b) He was handsome.
(c) He was a generous donor.
(d) He spoke well.
4. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
5. What did a strange boy give the narrator in the theater?
(a) A cup of ale.
(b) A cup of coffee.
(c) An unexpected smile.
(d) A cake of barley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Melville describe Claggart's hatred of Billy Budd?
2. Why does the narrator of "I and My Chimney" decide never to leave home?
3. What do the maids work to produce?
4. How does Captain Delano evaluate Babo when he first meets him?
5. What is the attitude of the bachelors in the Temple toward pain and trouble?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)