|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator decide to give the apple-tree table when he first discovers it?
(a) Kind attention.
(b) A warm environment.
(c) A happier book.
(d) A place of honor.
2. What overcomes Captain Delano's criticism of Benito Cereno?
3. Why does the narrator of "I and My Chimney" identify with his chimney?
(a) They are both. the center of attention.
(b) They are both obese old smokers.
(c) They are both tall and handsome.
(d) They are both an annoyance to the household.
4. How does Claggart interpret Billy Budd's spilling his soup?
(b) Billy Budd's malicious nature.
(d) Deliberate aggression against Claggart.
5. What is unusual about the pork at the Coulters' dinner table?
(a) It is only fat and gristle.
(b) It is not really pork.
(c) It is only hides.
(d) It is last year's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the Marquis de Grandvin have on those around him?
2. Why is the narrator of "The Two Temples" not allowed to enter the church?
3. How does Melville describe Claggart's hatred of Billy Budd?
4. How does Melville describe pelicans?
5. To what did Captain Delano attribute Benito Cereno's ineffectiveness as captain?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)