|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does the onstage action in the London theater remind the narrator?
(a) The church service he had watched from the bell tower.
(b) His own childhood.
(c) The curmudgeonly landlady at his boarding house.
(d) The theater at home on Broadway.
2. With what weapon does Radney threaten Steelkilt?
(a) A gun.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A rope.
(d) A knife.
3. What did buccaneers leave on the islands that Melville claims is proof of their better traits?
(a) Planted orchards.
(b) Buried treasure.
(c) Carved stone furniture.
(d) Planted gardens.
4. Why had Jimmy Rose never married?
(a) He was too shy.
(b) He ws unattractive.
(c) He loved all women equally.
(d) He didn't like women.
5. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
(a) Kill Steelkilt.
(b) Bind Steelkilt and give him to the captain.
(c) Sneak back to their posts.
(d) Support Steelkilt's mutiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say a man does when confronted with an unreasonable situation?
2. What office does the narrator of Bartleby hold that no longer exists?
3. What does the narrator in "The Paradise of Bachelors" say has become of the Knights Templar?
4. What first alerts Billy Budd that something is amiss?
5. What impresses the narrator about the mill?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)