|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does the onstage action in the London theater remind the narrator?
(a) The curmudgeonly landlady at his boarding house.
(b) The theater at home on Broadway.
(c) The church service he had watched from the bell tower.
(d) His own childhood.
2. How is the narrator punished for sneaking into the church?
(a) He is publicly embarrassed, but pardoned.
(b) He is warned and set free.
(c) He is jailed overnight and fined.
(d) He is imprisoned.
3. Why is the strange ship low on provisions?
(a) They have been lost.
(b) They have been under supplied.
(c) They have been becalmed.
(d) They have taken on additional passengers.
4. What benefit does the narrator get from his indulgence of Bartleby's eccentricities?
(a) The approval of his peers.
(b) Bartleby's friendship.
(d) The approval of his employees.
5. What emblem does John Gentian wear on his left lapel?
(a) An army medal.
(b) Gold eagle wings.
(c) A golden circle.
(d) A Masonic symbol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Moby Dick an unusual whale?
2. How does Captain Delano evaluate Benito Cereno's condition when he first meets him?
3. Whose job is it to normally sweep the deck of a ship?
4. What does a scrivener do?
5. What action does Steelkilt determine to take after being locked in the hold?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)