|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
(a) The Cape of Good Hope.
(b) On the deck of the Town-Ho.
(c) Lima, Peru.
(d) On the deck of the Pequod.
2. Why does the narrator of "I and My Chimney" decide never to leave home?
(a) He is "sour and unsocial."
(b) His wife won't permit it.
(c) He is busy rebuilding the house.
(d) He is standing guard over the chimney.
3. Why is the narrator of "The Two Temples" not allowed to enter the church?
(a) He is causing a disturbance.
(b) He looks poor and doesn't have a bribe.
(c) He looks like a heathen.
(d) He doesn't appear to be a Christian.
4. Who is Atufal?
(a) A complaining woman among the slaves.
(b) A chained slave.
(c) Babo's best friend.
(d) A leader of the slaves.
5. Where do both the captain and Steelkilt go after they separate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
2. Why does the captain decide not to flog Steelkilt?
3. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
4. How did Captain Delano evaluate the relationship between Benito Cereno and Babo?
5. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)