|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's condition when he goes to the theater in London?
(a) He is bored and overfed.
(b) He is broke and alone.
(c) He is comfortable and among friends.
(d) He is well-fed and relaxed.
2. What does the narrator say a man does when confronted with an unreasonable situation?
(a) Digs in his heels.
(b) Doubts the other person.
(c) Acquiesces out of courtesy.
(d) Questions his own mind.
3. To what did Captain Delano attribute the ship's being so long becalmed?
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Poor seamanship.
(d) Unusual weather.
4. What disease does Captain Delano learn has swept off much of the crew and cargo of slaves?
5. Who finally persuaded the narrator of "I and My Chimney" to knock a few feet off the chimney?
(a) His daughters.
(b) His wife.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His mortgage holder
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous person expressed a good opinion of the narrator of Bartleby?
2. Why does the narrator of "Jimmy Rose" refuse to change the wallpaper in his parlor?
3. What emotion does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" say he has never felt since the rooster died?
4. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
5. What happens to the rooster when the Merrymusk family dies?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)