|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does the onstage action in the London theater remind the narrator?
(a) His own childhood.
(b) The church service he had watched from the bell tower.
(c) The theater at home on Broadway.
(d) The curmudgeonly landlady at his boarding house.
2. How do the bachelors in the Temple keep time?
(a) By the wine they drank.
(b) By their reminiscences.
(c) By the courses of the meal.
(d) By the jokes they told.
3. What is the main task of the narrator's youngest employee in Bartleby?
(b) Legal research.
(d) Errand boy.
4. What do the other employees think of Bartleby's refusals?
(a) They think Bartleby should be fired.
(b) They think Bartleby should be forgiven.
(c) They think Bartleby should be excused.
(d) They think Bartleby should be promoted.
5. What were Billy Budd's last words?
(a) "God bless Captain Vere!"
(b) "Forgive this deed!"
(c) "God bless Mr. Claggart!"
(d) "Now dies an innocent man!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What contributes to the narrator's thoughts about the apple-tree table being supernatural?
2. What do Steelkilt and his men demand in return for obeying orders?
3. How does the narrator of "The Two Temples" attend the meeting at the church?
4. What caused the bell-ringing automaton to kill Bannadonna?
5. What was the disadvantage of building the piazza on the north side of the house?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)