|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the temperature at the mill?
(b) Oppressively hot.
2. How was John Marr wounded?
(b) Fighting in the War of 1812.
(c) Fighting with pirates.
(d) Falling from a ship's rigging.
3. What sentence was chalked below the figurehead?
(a) "Follow your leader."
(b) "Never follow."
(c) "Follow your faith."
(d) "Follow orders."
4. How does Captain Delano view the attitude of the black people on board?
(a) The black people seem to Captain Delano to be cheerful and content.
(b) The black people seem to Captain Delano to be cringing and fearful.
(c) The black people seem to Captain Delano to be insubordinate.
(d) The black people seem to Captain Delano to be competent and well-trained.
5. Why is it hard to see the mill when coming upon it?
(a) The mill is hidden in a cave.
(b) The mill is painted to camouflage the entrance.
(c) The mill's entrance is disguised by branches.
(d) The whole landscape is white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
2. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
3. What foible do Captain Vere's compatriots point out in him?
4. Why is Captain Delano glad he was not astute enough to recognize the mutiny?
5. What surprises the narrator when he goes to his office on a Sunday?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)