|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
2. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
(a) He has a large tract of land.
(b) He has a barn full of hay.
(c) He has a rooster worth five hundred dollars.
(d) He has a large family.
3. Who wrote the book lying on the apple-tree table?
(d) Cotton Mather.
4. What does Benito Cereno say has happened to his partner, Alexandro Aranda?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He left the ship at the last port.
(c) He fell overboard.
(d) He died of fever.
5. What good qualities does Bartleby have as an employee?
(a) He is hard-working and honest.
(b) He is eager to help.
(c) He is amiable and friendly.
(d) He is enthusiastic and energetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentence was chalked below the figurehead?
2. What is the profession of the narrator of Bartleby?
3. What does Billy Budd say about his family?
4. Who lives in the cottage that the narrator of "The Piazza" finds in the mountains?
5. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)