|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22 - Billy Budd.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Bannadonna excused for the homicide he committed?
(a) It was accidental.
(b) It was caused by esthetic passion.
(c) It was justifiable.
(d) It was done in self-defense.
2. Why doesn't the narrator dismiss Bartleby for insubordination?
(a) Bartleby promises to improve.
(b) Bartleby is obviously emotionally upset.
(c) Bartleby is distressed.
(d) Bartleby is calm, showing no emotion.
3. What has Hautboy accomplished in "The Fiddler?"
(a) Hautboy has developed great technical proficiency.
(b) Hautboy has learned to be happy.
(c) Hautboy has become rich.
(d) Hautboy has become famous.
4. What good qualities does Bartleby have as an employee?
(a) He is amiable and friendly.
(b) He is eager to help.
(c) He is enthusiastic and energetic.
(d) He is hard-working and honest.
5. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
(a) The Mississippi.
(b) The Great Lakes region.
(c) Lake Tahoe.
(d) The Erie Canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Captain Delano evaluate Babo when he first meets him?
2. Why had Jimmy Rose never married?
3. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
4. What does Benito Cereno say has happened to his partner, Alexandro Aranda?
5. What foible do Captain Vere's compatriots point out in him?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)