|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Steelkilt respond to Radney's request that he sweep the deck?
(a) He quietly refuses.
(b) He complains loudly.
(c) He meekly obeys.
(d) He loudly refuses.
2. What indicates to Captain Delano that the strange ship may be in trouble?
(a) The ship seems uncertain of its direction.
(b) The ship is bound for an uninhabited island.
(c) The ship flies no flag.
(d) The ship is giving a distress signal.
3. What does the crew decide not to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
(a) Desert together.
(b) Obey the captain.
(c) Start a mutiny.
(d) Call out when whales were sighted.
4. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
(a) The Cape of Good Hope.
(b) Lima, Peru.
(c) On the deck of the Pequod.
(d) On the deck of the Town-Ho.
5. Why does the narrator of "I and My Chimney" identify with his chimney?
(a) They are both tall and handsome.
(b) They are both obese old smokers.
(c) They are both an annoyance to the household.
(d) They are both. the center of attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's middle-aged employee offer to do for Bartleby?
2. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
3. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
4. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" treat his creditor after hearing the crow?
5. Why does the Town-Ho's captain have to put the ship into port?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)