|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "The Piazza" believe the soil is richer around the cottage that he finds?
(a) There is more sunlight there.
(b) There is a sense of blessedness there.
(c) The owners have planted there.
(d) The garden is obviously well-fed there.
2. What was the disadvantage of building the piazza on the north side of the house?
(a) The north side is coldest.
(b) The north side faces the neighbors.
(c) The north side faces the village.
(d) The north side has the narrowest view.
3. How does the narrator get into the London theater presentation?
(a) He finds a ticket on the sidewalk.
(b) He pawns his overcoat to buy a ticket.
(c) He sneaks in a side door.
(d) A stranger gives him a ticket.
4. What does the narrator's wife think of his apprehension about the apple-tree table?
(a) She thinks he is making it up.
(b) She thinks he is trying to frighten her.
(c) She thinks he is crazy.
(d) She thinks he is drunk.
5. With what weapon does Radney threaten Steelkilt?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A rope.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator punished for sneaking into the church?
2. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
3. What age is the narrator of Bartleby?
4. What action does Steelkilt determine to take after being locked in the hold?
5. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)