|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country possessed the Encantadas at the time Melville wrote?
2. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
(a) Moby Dick kills Radney.
(b) Radney apologizes.
(c) Steelkilt has a change of heart.
(d) The captain orders Radney executed.
3. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
(a) He has a large tract of land.
(b) He has a rooster worth five hundred dollars.
(c) He has a barn full of hay.
(d) He has a large family.
4. What emblem does John Gentian refuse to wear?
(a) Any emblem of wealth.
(b) Any American flag.
(c) Any Civil War emblem.
(d) Any Revolutionary War emblem.
5. Why does the narrator of "The Piazza" feel that the house must have a piazza?
(a) All the neighbors have piazzas.
(b) Piazzas are in fashion.
(c) A piazza would increase the home's value.
(d) The house has a spectacular view.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the Marquis de Grandvin have on those around him?
2. What benefit does the narrator get from his indulgence of Bartleby's eccentricities?
3. What is the temperature at the mill?
4. What surprises the narrator when he goes to his office on a Sunday?
5. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)