|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "The Piazza" believe the soil is richer around the cottage that he finds?
(a) There is a sense of blessedness there.
(b) The garden is obviously well-fed there.
(c) The owners have planted there.
(d) There is more sunlight there.
2. What is the temperature at the mill?
(b) Oppressively hot.
3. How do the bachelors in the Temple keep time?
(a) By the jokes they told.
(b) By the wine they drank.
(c) By their reminiscences.
(d) By the courses of the meal.
4. Why does the captain decide not to flog Steelkilt?
(a) He suddenly feels ashamed of his own behavior.
(b) He suddenly feels the menace of the rest of the crew.
(c) He suddenly feels sorry for Steelkilt.
(d) Steelkilt makes an inaudible threat.
5. What does the crew decide not to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
(a) Start a mutiny.
(b) Obey the captain.
(c) Desert together.
(d) Call out when whales were sighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Captain Delano learn has swept off much of the crew and cargo of slaves?
2. What does the narrator's wife think of his apprehension about the apple-tree table?
3. What indicates to Captain Delano that the strange ship may be in trouble?
4. With what weapon does Radney threaten Steelkilt?
5. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)