|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do both the captain and Steelkilt go after they separate?
2. What benefit does the narrator get from his indulgence of Bartleby's eccentricities?
(a) Bartleby's friendship.
(b) The approval of his employees.
(c) The approval of his peers.
3. How does the narrator describe life on the sea as compared to farming or working the Erie Canal?
(a) Sea life is "daring and brave."
(b) Sea life is "quietly Christian."
(c) Sea life is "calm and pure."
(d) Sea life is "reckless and barbaric."
4. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
(a) On the deck of the Pequod.
(b) On the deck of the Town-Ho.
(c) Lima, Peru.
(d) The Cape of Good Hope.
5. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
(a) They are unimportant.
(b) They are important.
(c) They are voluntary.
(d) They are involuntary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
2. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
3. Why is Captain Delano glad he was not astute enough to recognize the mutiny?
4. What first alarms the narrator about the apple-tree table?
5. Why is the strange ship low on provisions?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)