|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose job is it to normally sweep the deck of a ship?
(a) The lowest seaman.
(b) The boys on board.
(c) All members of the work gangs.
(d) The men on watch.
2. What does a scrivener do?
(a) Records testimony in court.
(b) Researches legal precedents.
(c) Makes copies of legal documents.
(d) Organizes court records.
3. What is the attitude of the bachelors in the Temple toward pain and trouble?
(a) Pain and trouble are unavoidable.
(b) Pain and trouble are for other people.
(c) Pain and trouble are nonexistent.
(d) Pain and trouble are everywhere.
4. How does Captain Delano view the attitude of the black people on board?
(a) The black people seem to Captain Delano to be competent and well-trained.
(b) The black people seem to Captain Delano to be insubordinate.
(c) The black people seem to Captain Delano to be cheerful and content.
(d) The black people seem to Captain Delano to be cringing and fearful.
5. How does the narrator of "The Piazza" travel to the spot in the mountains that he wants to see?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) On horseback.
(c) On foot.
(d) In a yawl.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday does John Gentian converse with passers-by?
2. How do the bachelors in the Temple keep time?
3. What surprises the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" about the owner of the rooster?
4. What is the narrator's condition when he goes to the theater in London?
5. What is unusual about the pork at the Coulters' dinner table?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)