|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
(a) Glory be to God in the highest!
2. How does Melville describe Captain Delano's personality?
(a) Trusting and benevolent.
(b) Mistrustful and suspicious.
(c) Autocratic and dictatorial.
(d) Pessimistic and unhappy.
3. What does Blandmour believe God does for the poor?
(a) God gives the poor the challenges they need.
(b) God gives the poor everything they need for free.
(c) God gives the poor very little help.
(d) God charges the rich to care for the poor.
4. Who lives in the cottage that the narrator of "The Piazza" finds in the mountains?
(a) A lonely widow.
(b) A newlywed husband and wife.
(c) An orphaned brother and sister.
(d) No one.
5. What does Steelkilt threaten to do if he is flogged by the captain?
(a) Murder the captain.
(b) Jump overboard.
(c) Tell the admiralty board of review.
(d) Seek an unnamed revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jimmy Rose have to offer the rich after he lost his fortune?
2. How was John Marr wounded?
3. What does the narrator in "The Fiddler" do with his manuscripts?
4. What is Poor Man's Pudding?
5. What contributes to the narrator's thoughts about the apple-tree table being supernatural?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)