|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "The Piazza" believe the soil is richer around the cottage that he finds?
(a) There is more sunlight there.
(b) There is a sense of blessedness there.
(c) The owners have planted there.
(d) The garden is obviously well-fed there.
2. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" treat his creditor after hearing the crow?
(a) He offers to double his payment.
(b) He pays him promptly.
(c) He apologizes.
(d) He throws him out.
3. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
(a) Sailors on the Pequod.
(b) Friends of the narrator.
(d) Sailors on the Town-Ho.
4. Why does Coulter come home for lunch?
(a) To get exercise from the walk.
(b) To rest a little while.
(c) To enjoy a hot meal.
(d) To please his wife.
5. What does Melville hope to do for the Marquis de Grandvin?
(a) Make him famous.
(b) Make him rich.
(c) Make him happy.
(d) Make him immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the pork at the Coulters' dinner table?
2. What was the message of the church meeting the narrator observed?
3. What famous person expressed a good opinion of the narrator of Bartleby?
4. What do the Peruvian listeners force the storyteller to do to prove his story is true?
5. What was the disadvantage of building the piazza on the north side of the house?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)