|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 - 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "The Piazza" believe the soil is richer around the cottage that he finds?
(a) There is more sunlight there.
(b) The owners have planted there.
(c) There is a sense of blessedness there.
(d) The garden is obviously well-fed there.
2. Why does Radney dislike Steelkilt?
(a) Steelkilt is unfriendly.
(b) Steelkilt is insubordinate.
(c) Steelkilt is rude.
(d) Steelkilt is handsome.
3. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
(a) They give up life on the sea.
(b) They desert the ship.
(c) They call for help.
(d) They murder the captain.
4. How was John Marr wounded?
(a) Fighting with pirates.
(c) Falling from a ship's rigging.
(d) Fighting in the War of 1812.
5. Why had Jimmy Rose never married?
(a) He ws unattractive.
(b) He loved all women equally.
(c) He didn't like women.
(d) He was too shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main task of the narrator's youngest employee in Bartleby?
2. What is unusual about the strange ship's figurehead?
3. How does the narrator describe life on the sea as compared to farming or working the Erie Canal?
4. What action does Steelkilt determine to take after being locked in the hold?
5. How much does the uncle in "The Happy Failure" think his invention is worth?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)