|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Benito Cereno.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe he should not be sued?
(a) He is a hospitable, generous man.
(b) His creditor is a grumpy person.
(c) His interest payments are exorbitant.
(d) His debt was unfairly imposed.
2. What does Blandmour believe God does for the poor?
(a) God gives the poor everything they need for free.
(b) God charges the rich to care for the poor.
(c) God gives the poor very little help.
(d) God gives the poor the challenges they need.
3. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
(a) Friends of the narrator.
(b) Sailors on the Pequod.
(d) Sailors on the Town-Ho.
4. What do the maids work to produce?
5. Why does the Town-Ho's captain have to put the ship into port?
(a) Its crewmen are ill with scurvy.
(b) It has sprung a leak.
(c) There has been a mutiny on board.
(d) It has run out of supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Captain Delano evaluate Babo when he first meets him?
2. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
3. Why does the captain decide not to flog Steelkilt?
4. What was the message of the church meeting the narrator observed?
5. What does Melville say is the most populous species on the island of Albermarle?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)