|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Benito Cereno.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the narrator of Bartleby?
(a) Tax accountant.
2. Why does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" call the rooster Signor Beneventano?
(a) The rooster reminds him of a character in a play.
(b) The rooster reminds him of his neighbor.
(c) The rooster reminds him of a character in a book.
(d) The rooster reminds him of a song.
3. Why does the captain fear to shoot Steelkilt for his insubordination?
(a) It would lead to a admiralty investigation.
(b) It would justify Radney's dishonorable actions.
(c) It would be unfair.
(d) It would spark a mutiny.
4. Where do both the captain and Steelkilt go after they separate?
5. What does the narrator say a man does when confronted with an unreasonable situation?
(a) Acquiesces out of courtesy.
(b) Doubts the other person.
(c) Questions his own mind.
(d) Digs in his heels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Captain Delano when he first sees Benito Cereno's ship?
2. What did the failure of his invention do for the uncle in "The Happy Failure?"
3. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
4. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
5. What does the crew decide not to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)