|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Benito Cereno.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What overcomes Captain Delano's criticism of Benito Cereno?
2. What is unusual about the strange ship's figurehead?
(a) It is covered in canvas wrapping.
(b) It is obviously from Castile.
(c) It is a plain, unmarked beak.
(d) It is beautifully carved.
3. Why is it hard to see the mill when coming upon it?
(a) The mill is painted to camouflage the entrance.
(b) The whole landscape is white.
(c) The mill's entrance is disguised by branches.
(d) The mill is hidden in a cave.
4. How does Bartleby respond to the other employees?
(a) He emulates them.
(b) He thanks them.
(c) He resents them.
(d) He ignores them.
5. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
(a) On the deck of the Pequod.
(b) The Cape of Good Hope.
(c) On the deck of the Town-Ho.
(d) Lima, Peru.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a scrivener do?
2. What is the first thing Bartleby says he would prefer not to do?
3. What makes Moby Dick an unusual whale?
4. Why is Captain Delano glad he was not astute enough to recognize the mutiny?
5. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)