|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Benito Cereno.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
(a) Steelkilt has a change of heart.
(b) The captain orders Radney executed.
(c) Moby Dick kills Radney.
(d) Radney apologizes.
2. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
(b) Sailors on the Pequod.
(c) Sailors on the Town-Ho.
(d) Friends of the narrator.
3. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
(a) His banker.
(b) His creditor.
(c) His wife.
(d) His neighbor.
4. What was the message of the church meeting the narrator observed?
(a) "Hide not your light under a bushel."
(b) "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's."
(c) "Repent and be saved."
(d) "Ye are the salt of the earth."
5. How is the narrator punished for sneaking into the church?
(a) He is jailed overnight and fined.
(b) He is publicly embarrassed, but pardoned.
(c) He is warned and set free.
(d) He is imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe life on the sea as compared to farming or working the Erie Canal?
2. What is unusual about the pork at the Coulters' dinner table?
3. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
4. What causes Captain Delano to suspect Benito Cereno is an impostor?
5. What is unusual about the strange ship's figurehead?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)