|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 - Benito Cereno.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the rooster when the Merrymusk family dies?
(a) The rooster goes home with the narrator.
(b) The rooster crows on the graves.
(c) The rooster dies too.
(d) The rooster is sold for five hundred dollars.
2. What do the Peruvian listeners force the storyteller to do to prove his story is true?
(a) Show some evidence.
(b) Cross his heart.
(c) Swear on the Bible.
(d) Produce another witness.
3. How does the lightning rod salesman feel about thunderstorms?
(a) He is relaxed and unafraid.
(b) He is confident.
(c) He is assured of his own safety.
(d) He is terrified.
4. What emotion does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" say he has never felt since the rooster died?
(a) The silly slaphappiness.
(b) The doleful dumps.
(c) The warm contentment.
(d) The cheerful joys.
5. What does Benito Cereno say has happened to his partner, Alexandro Aranda?
(a) He was murdered.
(b) He left the ship at the last port.
(c) He fell overboard.
(d) He died of fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view the world?
2. What famous person expressed a good opinion of the narrator of Bartleby?
3. Why was Bannadonna excused for the homicide he committed?
4. What surprises the narrator when he goes to his office on a Sunday?
5. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)