|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what weapon does Radney threaten Steelkilt?
(a) A rope.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
2. What is unusual about the pork at the Coulters' dinner table?
(a) It is only hides.
(b) It is not really pork.
(c) It is last year's.
(d) It is only fat and gristle.
3. What do Steelkilt and his men demand in return for obeying orders?
(a) They will not have to sweep the decks.
(b) Radney will be punished.
(c) They will not be punished.
(d) They will be given better wages.
4. What do the Peruvian listeners force the storyteller to do to prove his story is true?
(a) Produce another witness.
(b) Show some evidence.
(c) Swear on the Bible.
(d) Cross his heart.
5. With what alliteration does Melville describe the islands?
(a) An archipelago of aridities.
(b) Fruitful festival of fecundity.
(c) Extensive elegant exotica.
(d) Dark, doleful doomsday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the captain fear to shoot Steelkilt for his insubordination?
2. What does the arrangement of the office allow Bartleby to do with the narrator?
3. What nicknames does the narrator of Bartleby give his employees?
4. Why is the narrator of "The Two Temples" not allowed to enter the church?
5. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)