|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
(a) A Chilean adventurer.
(b) A Creole soldier.
(c) A Peruvian king.
(d) A Bolivian pirate.
2. What does Steelkilt threaten to do if he is flogged by the captain?
(a) Seek an unnamed revenge.
(b) Murder the captain.
(c) Jump overboard.
(d) Tell the admiralty board of review.
3. What part of the United States does the narrator of the Town-Ho's story claim is much like the sea?
(a) Lake Tahoe.
(b) The Erie Canal.
(c) The Mississippi.
(d) The Great Lakes region.
4. What age is the narrator of Bartleby?
(a) In his fifties.
(b) In his sixties.
(c) In his forties.
(d) In his thirties.
5. What has the uncle in "The Happy Failure" invented?
(a) A device for building dams.
(b) A device for diverting rivers.
(c) A device for draining swamps.
(d) A device for purifying water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What office does the narrator of Bartleby hold that no longer exists?
2. What benefit does the narrator get from his indulgence of Bartleby's eccentricities?
3. What does the narrator's middle-aged employee offer to do for Bartleby?
4. What does Blandmour believe God does for the poor?
5. How does the narrator of "The Two Temples" attend the meeting at the church?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)