|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the message of the church meeting the narrator observed?
(a) "Repent and be saved."
(b) "Ye are the salt of the earth."
(c) "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's."
(d) "Hide not your light under a bushel."
2. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
(b) Sailors on the Town-Ho.
(c) Sailors on the Pequod.
(d) Friends of the narrator.
3. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
(a) Bind Steelkilt and give him to the captain.
(b) Sneak back to their posts.
(c) Kill Steelkilt.
(d) Support Steelkilt's mutiny.
4. Why is the narrator of "The Two Temples" not allowed to enter the church?
(a) He looks poor and doesn't have a bribe.
(b) He looks like a heathen.
(c) He is causing a disturbance.
(d) He doesn't appear to be a Christian.
5. What has the uncle in "The Happy Failure" invented?
(a) A device for diverting rivers.
(b) A device for building dams.
(c) A device for draining swamps.
(d) A device for purifying water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
2. What emotion does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" say he has never felt since the rooster died?
3. What age is the narrator of Bartleby?
4. Where do both the captain and Steelkilt go after they separate?
5. With what weapon does Radney threaten Steelkilt?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)