|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Steelkilt and his men demand in return for obeying orders?
(a) Radney will be punished.
(b) They will not have to sweep the decks.
(c) They will not be punished.
(d) They will be given better wages.
2. Why does Radney dislike Steelkilt?
(a) Steelkilt is handsome.
(b) Steelkilt is insubordinate.
(c) Steelkilt is rude.
(d) Steelkilt is unfriendly.
3. What quality of Bartleby's induces the narrator to hire him?
(a) Bartleby is friendly.
(b) Bartleby is energetic.
(c) Bartleby is efficient.
(d) Bartleby is sedate.
4. How is the narrator punished for sneaking into the church?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He is warned and set free.
(c) He is jailed overnight and fined.
(d) He is publicly embarrassed, but pardoned.
5. What are the two failings the narrator sees in his middle-aged scrivener?
(a) Dishonesty and ambition.
(b) Indigestion and messiness.
(c) A bad temper and gambling.
(d) Ambition and indigestion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises the narrator when he goes to his office on a Sunday?
2. Whose job is it to normally sweep the deck of a ship?
3. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view locomotives and steamships?
4. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
5. What did a strange boy give the narrator in the theater?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)