|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has the uncle in "The Happy Failure" worked on his invention?
(a) All month.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three months.
(d) All year.
2. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
(a) Obey the captain.
(b) Murder Radney.
(c) Start a mutiny.
(d) Desert together.
3. What did the failure of his invention do for the uncle in "The Happy Failure?"
(a) Made him more determined.
(b) Made him disappointed.
(c) Made him furious.
(d) Made him a good man.
4. What action does Steelkilt determine to take after being locked in the hold?
(a) He will apologize.
(b) He will kill Radney.
(c) He will kill the captain.
(d) He will seize the ship.
5. What happens to the rooster when the Merrymusk family dies?
(a) The rooster crows on the graves.
(b) The rooster dies too.
(c) The rooster is sold for five hundred dollars.
(d) The rooster goes home with the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two failings the narrator sees in his middle-aged scrivener?
2. In which of Melville's novels is "The Town-Ho's Story" included?
3. How much does the uncle in "The Happy Failure" think his invention is worth?
4. What object does the lookout spot that takes Melville's ship to Norfolk Isle?
5. How does the narrator get into the London theater presentation?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)