|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country possessed the Encantadas at the time Melville wrote?
2. Why does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" call the rooster Signor Beneventano?
(a) The rooster reminds him of his neighbor.
(b) The rooster reminds him of a song.
(c) The rooster reminds him of a character in a play.
(d) The rooster reminds him of a character in a book.
3. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
(a) Kill Steelkilt.
(b) Support Steelkilt's mutiny.
(c) Sneak back to their posts.
(d) Bind Steelkilt and give him to the captain.
4. What does the narrator's middle-aged employee offer to do for Bartleby?
(a) Teach him better work habits.
(b) Teach him manners.
(c) Black his eyes.
(d) Fire him.
5. How does the narrator get into the London theater presentation?
(a) He pawns his overcoat to buy a ticket.
(b) A stranger gives him a ticket.
(c) He sneaks in a side door.
(d) He finds a ticket on the sidewalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
2. Who takes possession as the sole ruler of St. Charles Isle?
3. Why is the narrator of "The Two Temples" not allowed to enter the church?
4. Why doesn't the narrator dismiss Bartleby for insubordination?
5. What makes Moby Dick an unusual whale?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)