|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
(a) Steelkilt has a change of heart.
(b) The captain orders Radney executed.
(c) Moby Dick kills Radney.
(d) Radney apologizes.
2. What benefit does the narrator get from his indulgence of Bartleby's eccentricities?
(a) The approval of his peers.
(c) Bartleby's friendship.
(d) The approval of his employees.
3. How much does the uncle in "The Happy Failure" think his invention is worth?
(a) More than gold.
(b) More than his house.
(c) More than silver.
(d) More than a life's work.
4. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
(a) They are unimportant.
(b) They are important.
(c) They are involuntary.
(d) They are voluntary.
5. How does Steelkilt respond to Radney's request that he sweep the deck?
(a) He loudly refuses.
(b) He complains loudly.
(c) He quietly refuses.
(d) He meekly obeys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
2. Of what does the onstage action in the London theater remind the narrator?
3. What food does Bartleby appear to eat exclusively?
4. What does the narrator's middle-aged employee offer to do for Bartleby?
5. How does the narrator describe life on the sea as compared to farming or working the Erie Canal?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)