|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main task of the narrator's youngest employee in Bartleby?
(b) Errand boy.
(d) Legal research.
2. What did the failure of his invention do for the uncle in "The Happy Failure?"
(a) Made him a good man.
(b) Made him furious.
(c) Made him disappointed.
(d) Made him more determined.
3. What does a scrivener do?
(a) Records testimony in court.
(b) Organizes court records.
(c) Researches legal precedents.
(d) Makes copies of legal documents.
4. Why does Radney dislike Steelkilt?
(a) Steelkilt is rude.
(b) Steelkilt is unfriendly.
(c) Steelkilt is handsome.
(d) Steelkilt is insubordinate.
5. How does the narrator get into the London theater presentation?
(a) He pawns his overcoat to buy a ticket.
(b) He sneaks in a side door.
(c) He finds a ticket on the sidewalk.
(d) A stranger gives him a ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do both the captain and Steelkilt go after they separate?
2. Why doesn't the narrator dismiss Bartleby for insubordination?
3. How does the narrator describe the men who work the Erie Canal?
4. Who is the worst enemy of the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?"
5. How does the narrator of "The Two Temples" attend the meeting at the church?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)