|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did buccaneers leave on the islands that Melville claims is proof of their better traits?
(a) Carved stone furniture.
(b) Planted gardens.
(c) Planted orchards.
(d) Buried treasure.
2. What happens to the rooster when the Merrymusk family dies?
(a) The rooster goes home with the narrator.
(b) The rooster dies too.
(c) The rooster crows on the graves.
(d) The rooster is sold for five hundred dollars.
3. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
(a) Bind Steelkilt and give him to the captain.
(b) Sneak back to their posts.
(c) Support Steelkilt's mutiny.
(d) Kill Steelkilt.
4. How does the narrator get into the London theater presentation?
(a) He finds a ticket on the sidewalk.
(b) He sneaks in a side door.
(c) A stranger gives him a ticket.
(d) He pawns his overcoat to buy a ticket.
5. Why does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe he should not be sued?
(a) His creditor is a grumpy person.
(b) His debt was unfairly imposed.
(c) His interest payments are exorbitant.
(d) He is a hospitable, generous man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Pedro and Sebastian in The Town-Ho's Story?
2. How does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" view the world?
3. What does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" believe the rooster's crow is saying?
4. What famous person expressed a good opinion of the narrator of Bartleby?
5. What does Blandmour believe God does for the poor?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)