|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Steelkilt's three remaining conspirators decide to do to save themselves?
(a) Bind Steelkilt and give him to the captain.
(b) Support Steelkilt's mutiny.
(c) Kill Steelkilt.
(d) Sneak back to their posts.
2. What do the Peruvian listeners force the storyteller to do to prove his story is true?
(a) Cross his heart.
(b) Show some evidence.
(c) Swear on the Bible.
(d) Produce another witness.
3. What did the failure of his invention do for the uncle in "The Happy Failure?"
(a) Made him furious.
(b) Made him disappointed.
(c) Made him more determined.
(d) Made him a good man.
4. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
(a) They are important.
(b) They are voluntary.
(c) They are involuntary.
(d) They are unimportant.
5. What famous person expressed a good opinion of the narrator of Bartleby?
(a) John D. Rockefeller.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Andrew Carnegie.
(d) John Jacob Astor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Coulter come home for lunch?
2. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
3. Why does the captain decide not to flog Steelkilt?
4. What animal from the islands supplies sailors with food and utensils?
5. What do the other employees think of Bartleby's refusals?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)