|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What office does the narrator of Bartleby hold that no longer exists?
(a) County Coroner.
(b) Justice of the Peace.
(d) Master of Chancery.
2. What does Steelkilt threaten to do if he is flogged by the captain?
(a) Tell the admiralty board of review.
(b) Seek an unnamed revenge.
(c) Jump overboard.
(d) Murder the captain.
3. Where does the narrator in The Town-Ho's story tell his tale?
(a) On the deck of the Pequod.
(b) Lima, Peru.
(c) On the deck of the Town-Ho.
(d) The Cape of Good Hope.
4. Whose job is it to normally sweep the deck of a ship?
(a) The lowest seaman.
(b) All members of the work gangs.
(c) The boys on board.
(d) The men on watch.
5. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
(a) He has a rooster worth five hundred dollars.
(b) He has a large tract of land.
(c) He has a large family.
(d) He has a barn full of hay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What benefit does the narrator get from his indulgence of Bartleby's eccentricities?
2. What emotion does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" say he has never felt since the rooster died?
3. How does the narrator of "The Two Temples" attend the meeting at the church?
4. Why does the captain decide not to flog Steelkilt?
5. What does Bartleby's demeanor show about his eccentricities?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)