|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Moby Dick an unusual whale?
(a) He has supernatural powers.
(b) He is unusually small, white, and intelligent.
(c) He is unusually large, white, and vengeful.
(d) He is intelligent and communicates with people.
2. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
(a) They give up life on the sea.
(b) They call for help.
(c) They desert the ship.
(d) They murder the captain.
3. What surprises the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" about the owner of the rooster?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He has a large family.
(c) He is old.
(d) He has many such roosters.
4. What emotion does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" say he has never felt since the rooster died?
(a) The silly slaphappiness.
(b) The doleful dumps.
(c) The warm contentment.
(d) The cheerful joys.
5. Where do both the captain and Steelkilt go after they separate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Poor Man's Pudding?
2. What does the crew decide not to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
3. What do Steelkilt and his men demand in return for obeying orders?
4. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
5. Why is the narrator of "The Two Temples" not allowed to enter the church?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)