|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Steelkilt from taking revenge on Radney?
(a) Steelkilt has a change of heart.
(b) Radney apologizes.
(c) Moby Dick kills Radney.
(d) The captain orders Radney executed.
2. What happens to the rooster when the Merrymusk family dies?
(a) The rooster goes home with the narrator.
(b) The rooster dies too.
(c) The rooster is sold for five hundred dollars.
(d) The rooster crows on the graves.
3. Why does the captain fear to shoot Steelkilt for his insubordination?
(a) It would spark a mutiny.
(b) It would be unfair.
(c) It would justify Radney's dishonorable actions.
(d) It would lead to a admiralty investigation.
4. Why does the Town-Ho's captain have to put the ship into port?
(a) It has run out of supplies.
(b) Its crewmen are ill with scurvy.
(c) There has been a mutiny on board.
(d) It has sprung a leak.
5. What action does Steelkilt determine to take after being locked in the hold?
(a) He will kill Radney.
(b) He will kill the captain.
(c) He will apologize.
(d) He will seize the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bartleby respond to the other employees?
2. How does the narrator describe life on the sea as compared to farming or working the Erie Canal?
3. What emotion does the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" say he has never felt since the rooster died?
4. What does Steelkilt threaten to do if he is flogged by the captain?
5. Why does the captain decide not to flog Steelkilt?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)