|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 - 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steelkilt threaten to do if he is flogged by the captain?
(a) Seek an unnamed revenge.
(b) Jump overboard.
(c) Tell the admiralty board of review.
(d) Murder the captain.
2. Why does the Town-Ho's captain have to put the ship into port?
(a) There has been a mutiny on board.
(b) It has run out of supplies.
(c) Its crewmen are ill with scurvy.
(d) It has sprung a leak.
3. What does the crew decide to do after Steelkilt is flogged?
(a) Murder Radney.
(b) Start a mutiny.
(c) Obey the captain.
(d) Desert together.
4. What do the crew members do as soon as the Town-Ho reaches port?
(a) They call for help.
(b) They murder the captain.
(c) They desert the ship.
(d) They give up life on the sea.
5. What is unusual about the pork at the Coulters' dinner table?
(a) It is only fat and gristle.
(b) It is not really pork.
(c) It is only hides.
(d) It is last year's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator of "The Two Temples" not allowed to enter the church?
2. What was the message of the church meeting the narrator observed?
3. What surprises the narrator of "Cock-a-Doodle-Doo?" about the owner of the rooster?
4. What nicknames does the narrator of Bartleby give his employees?
5. How does Merrymusk convince the narrator that he is a rich man?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)